Big Ten early predications!

rsomm

Sophomore
Jun 26, 2002
1. Purdue (Jones ++, Heide +, Colvin +)
2. Illinois
2. Wisconsin (Storr ++++)
4. Michigan (Better w/o Coach Howard??)
5. Michigan State ( Miss Houser?), Maryland (Can't win on the Road)
7. Iowa, Northwestern, Ohio St, Rutgers, Indaina (A lot of NIL)
12. Nebraska
13. Penn St., Minnesota

Tennessee is the real deal, followed by Arizona. Duke is over rated again. Kansas ?

Reactions: Roeder
I’ll hold off on making predictions until I have seen more of the other teams, but Michigan is the team that I think may exceed off-season expectations the most.

Reactions: mediaexpert
I am willing to bet that Michigan State finishes higher than fifth.
I tend to agree if I had to wager -

Here's its conference schedule:

Wisconsin
@ Nebraska
Penn State
@ Northwestern
@ Illinois
Rutgers
Minnesota
@ Maryland
@ Wisconsin
Michigan
Maryland
@ Minnesota
Illinois
@ Penn State
@ Michigan
Iowa
Ohio State
@ Purdue
Northwestern
@ Indiana

The B1G looks really bad this year. It's early, so hopefully some teams turn it on over the next few weeks to rack up some quality wins for the conference.

Rutgers, MSU, and Maryland losing to mid majors in the first week isn't a good sign though. Also, OSU and ILL struggled with Oakland. IU struggled with FGCU.

I agree Arizona and Tennessee looked top 5 good last night. It was great to see Duke lose in Cameron. I really hope Purdue can get by Gonzaga for that 2nd round potential match up with Tennessee. Arizona should be number 1 after the that won, but you know they'll just keep voting Kansas until they lose.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
1. Purdue
2nd teir Illinois, MSU, NW
3rd tier Iowa, R, Mich, OSU
4th teir. W, iu, MN
5th teit. MD, NE, PSU

Might be only 5 NCAA teams?

Btw. My view of Illinois might be skewed a bit as my Dad thinks they will win the conference this year. So I have had that to listen to. Lol

Overall.......Weak conference.

Last edited:
The B1G looks really bad this year. It's early, so hopefully some teams turn it on over the next few weeks to rack up some quality wins for the conference.

Rutgers, MSU, and Maryland losing to mid majors in the first week isn't a good sign though. Also, OSU and ILL struggled with Oakland. IU struggled with FGCU.

I agree Arizona and Tennessee looked top 5 good last night. It was great to see Duke lose in Cameron. I really hope Purdue can get by Gonzaga for that 2nd round potential match up with Tennessee. Arizona should be number 1 after the that won, but you know they'll just keep voting Kansas until they lose.
Let’s hope we make a run in Hawaii and get a chance to beat KU…although that tourney is so stacked…it’s a gauntlet.

Reactions: DrEss
I thought Maryland would be pretty decent. I know it’s early in the year but they do not look good right now. Trying to loose to a winless UAB team right now.

Alright. 10 games in. Who do you have as the top 5 in the conference?

1. Purdue
2. Illinois?
3. Is Northwestern the 3rd best team? (ouch)
4. ????????
5. ????????

Every time I think there may be a couple more legit teams they fall on their face. This week I'm looking at you Ohio State, Indiana and Wisconsin! There is no shame in losing at Arizona but it wasn't even a game.

Iowa is just terrible. Down to both us and Iowa State by 30+ points in the second half and to Michigan by 20+ at home before "closing it to 10" in garbage time.

Both Michigan schools have 5 losses, Maryland hasn't beat anyone. Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn State and Rutgers.... Don't see it.

1. Purdue
2. Illinois?
4. ????????
5. ????????

Every time I think there may be a couple more legit teams they fall on their face. This week I'm looking at you Ohio State, Indiana and Wisconsin! There is no shame in losing at Arizona but it wasn't even a game.

Iowa is just terrible. Down to both us and Iowa State by 30+ points in the second half and to Michigan by 20+ at home before "closing it to 10" in garbage time.

Both Michigan schools have 5 losses, Maryland hasn't beat anyone. Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn State and Rutgers.... Don't see it.
Purdue and Illinois top 2….

3. Wisconsin
4. Northwestern
5. Nebraska (would love to see them finally make the tourney)
6. Ohio State
7. Sparty
8. IU
9. Michigan

Reactions: Smokestack91
This week NW up 1

Purdue by 2-3 games
ILL
NW
OSU
WISC
iu
MSU
MICH

Not sure what to do with NE as I have not watched them yet?

Reactions: mrwoodya
1. Purdue (Jones ++, Heide +, Colvin +)
2. Illinois
2. Wisconsin (Storr ++++)
4. Michigan (Better w/o Coach Howard??)
5. Michigan State ( Miss Houser?), Maryland (Can't win on the Road)
7. Iowa, Northwestern, Ohio St, Rutgers, Indaina (A lot of NIL)
12. Nebraska
13. Penn St., Minnesota

Tennessee is the real deal, followed by Arizona. Duke is over rated again. Kansas ?

I've never been really good with "Predications"!

Is that something you take before your medications?

1. Purdue
2. Illinois?
4. ????????
5. ????????

It will be a dog fight between a bunch of unexceptional teams for 3rd place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT