ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Reveal

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
I'd say there were a few surprises. Overall seed in parenthesis.

MW
1 Purdue (1)
2 Tennessee (6)
3 Baylor (10)
4 San Diego St (14)

E
1 UConn (2)
2 North Carolina (5)
3 Iowa St (11)
4 Wisconsin (16)

S
1 Houston (3)
2 Marquette (7)
3 Alabama (9)
4 Illinois (15)

W
1 Arizona (4)
2 Kansas (8)
3 Duke (12)
4 Auburn (13)

Reactions: tjreese
I didn't think San Diego St would be in the mix. I thought Wisconsin might have dropped as well. Not sure who would replace them though.

They didn't balance the regions very well. As I've often told people here, it's not a pure S-curve bracket, but the committee strives to balance the top 4 seeds in each region. Here, the Midwest region has seed total of 31. East and South have 34, and West has 37. Now if you think the teams are seeded incorrectly, then it's not a big deal. But these are the overall seed numbers that the committee currently has, and it's essentially unfair to Purdue, the overall #1.

I didn't think San Diego St would be in the mix. I thought Wisconsin might have dropped as well. Not sure who would replace them though.

They didn't balance the regions very well. As I've often told people here, it's not a pure S-curve bracket, but the committee strives to balance the top 4 seeds in each region. Here, the Midwest region has seed total of 31. East and South have 34, and West has 37. Now if you think the teams are seeded incorrectly, then it's not a big deal. But these are the overall seed numbers that the committee currently has, and it's essentially unfair to Purdue, the overall #1.
Personally, I would rather not be grouped with Tennessee, but on the other hand, I don’t see a lot of separation between the 4 two seeds.

Personally, I would rather not be grouped with Tennessee, but on the other hand, I don’t see a lot of separation between the 4 two seeds.
Yeah there really isn't. You could flip Tennessee with Kansas, but that would put Kansas with Baylor, and Tennessee with Auburn, not what they want to do if they can help it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
fully understand based upon tourney refs swallowing whistle, but if you get that unicorn set of refs with a quick whistle...Tenn might not be so bad to play.

The top overall seed has the lowest cumulative number seeds as pointed out…31.
And the worst #1 gets the worst 2 & 3 in their bracket?

College basketball just doesn’t reward regular season success like other sports.
Single elimination games on neutral sites and one could argue a hostile crowd (along with the opposing team’s fans other fans waiting on there team’s games almost always cheer for the underdogs).

It’s not surprising you see something like last year where none of the top 12 seeds made the final 4.

They also balance location so that by definition could conflict with a perfectly balanced bracket by seed alone.

I'd say there were a few surprises. Overall seed in parenthesis.

MW
1 Purdue (1)
2 Tennessee (6)
3 Baylor (10)
4 San Diego St (14)

E
1 UConn (2)
2 North Carolina (5)
3 Iowa St (11)
4 Wisconsin (16)

S
1 Houston (3)
2 Marquette (7)
3 Alabama (9)
4 Illinois (15)

W
1 Arizona (4)
2 Kansas (8)
3 Duke (12)
4 Auburn (13)
I don’t look at games like i used to since Edey i look from the inside out not the outside in who is big enough to handle him and who has enough fouls to give no chance to guard him with just one player

They also balance location so that by definition could conflict with a perfectly balanced bracket by seed alone.
For sure. A lot of moving parts. But I've always understood seed balance to be more important than geography. Clearly not this year.

I’d rather play Arizona or Kansas in the elite 8 than Tennessee, so hopefully UT drops some games down the stretch.

Whisky doing their best to drop their 4th seed status against Iowa.

It's been interesting for another rockfight between these border rivals. Freeman teed up for slamming the ball, and Hepburn misses both. 74 apiece now just over 3 minutes.....Iowa has squandered a late lead after being down early in the game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I like playing Tenn over Kansas and UNC. I believe there are going to be some changes to the 3 and 4 seeds.

Interesting breakdown here. Is 6-0 vs the other top 4 seeds good?

GGj_NBXbcAAiM5R

I’d say UConn is making a statement today. Houston was pretty good also. Be nice to see our Boilers win by 20 tomorrow.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

I'll take ours over the West every minute of every day

Big XII is good, but losing to UCF, WV, by 30 to Texas tech, and struggling the whole game against iu is another level of struggle away from home.
They are not deep and lost to tech without McCullar who is their best player/guy who makes that team work. If he doesn’t play due to the same injury in the tourney then they’re in deep trouble. If he does, then they’ll be solid…but they may find it tough IF Dickinson were to get in to trouble/mccullar has problems still

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT