ADVERTISEMENT

Belmont vs Purdue: Pregame Discussion & Game Thread

I wish Cline wouldn't hold the ball in that situation.

Deja Vu all over again.

Yogi-Berra-18_zpsrcpexoip.png

This why I question painter, why in the hell are you letting eastern get the ball only to be fouled knowing he is an awful free throw shooter. He’s just been lucky today but this would be a monumental screw up in any other game.
A lot of coaches would be afraid to show that level of confidence in Eastern. In the long run, the show of confidence might turn out to be a turning point for Eastern. Time will tell.

A lot of coaches would be afraid to show that level of confidence in Eastern. In the long run, the show of confidence might turn out to be a turning point for Eastern. Time will tell.

Agree.....it's usually not on the timetable we would all prefer.....we shall see because there are some big conference games and challenges right around the corner. A good W today for the Boilers.

Completely agree. He doesn’t seem to show that “hitch” on other shots, which makes me think it is similar to a golfer’s putting or chipping yips. I dealt with the latter a couple years ago and it was 100% in the head. Hoping missed greens ended up in the bunker so I wouldn’t have to chip. Finally corrected it, but your own mind can be your toughest opponent. Hoping this might be the case for Nojel, and today’s success carries forward.

starting to see a good future in some of these young Boilers...…..

Agree so Painter needs to play them. Game got out of hand when he subbed Eifert and Cline. Neither can defend and calling them streaky shooters is kind. Get athletes on court and pass the ball against pressure. Don't leave Eastern alone to dribble against press.

So when I say "Eifert is a garbage basketball player" it means I should be banned, but when @Mgkcbb says "EB literally sucks a basketball", it's not worth a call out, or advocate for him to be banned?

Just trying to keep you consistent.
I guess this game is all about you, eh? You demonstrate a very self-centered perspective on here.

By the way, I never said you should be banned. A few others followed my post and suggested that.

Reactions: BBG
I guess this game is all about you, eh? You demonstrate a very self-centered perspective on here.

By the way, I never said you should be banned. A few others followed my post and suggested that.
You said "If it were up to me you would be gone for this post".

How is this game all about me? I was just curious if you were going to call out other people like you call me and other Purdue fans that think we can do better than Painter out. The only reason you didnt call Matty out is because he is pro Painter.

You said "If it were up to me you would be gone for this post".

How is this game all about me? I was just curious if you were going to call out other people like you call me and other Purdue fans that think we can do better than Painter out. The only reason you didnt call Matty out is because he is pro Painter.
We are all watching the game, but you are concerned about how people post about you. That's being self-centered, and as I suspect, you have little interest in the team. You just like the attention you get here.

Reactions: BBG
We are all watching the game, but you are concerned about how people post about you. That's being self-centered, and as I suspect, you have little interest in the team. You just like the attention you get here.
I was watching the game and following along with the game thread. I'm not a poster that needs to post after every single play that happens during the game. Just wanted to confirm you saw Matty's post, because I knew you wouldn't call him on it. You only have your pompous attitude with those that believe Purdue can do better than Painter.

Reactions: boiler-deuce
Any guesses on what we spent most of the last two weeks working on???
D and not chucking up shots! I think Purdue did less switching due to Belmont having less drivers and so it was more help and recover and Purdue was in less mismatches. I was very happy with the D and O instead of the chucking up shots

Reactions: Do Dah Day
The newbies are doing it for us mostly I think. It's interesting they said at the beginning of the game that when CE takes a mountain of shots we are 2 and 4 or something... less than that, 7 and 1? something like that, it was an interesting thing.
yep...

I think Shasha and wheeler could both well make that "soph" leap. And I am pretty sure Tre will. Hunter could too .... at least two will, I at least feel confidence in. Don't know much about Newman other than he's playing well this year.
you mean the players may not be as bad as some think?

Reactions: SIBoiler2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT