ADVERTISEMENT

Beginning of the end or New Beginning?

Will the Boilers find there rhythm game again ?

• They have peaked its all down hill from here

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Once they get to the tournament it's a new day

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Other teams have figured out how to beat them its an uphill battle at this point

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

Bleedinggoldandblack

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
The Watchtower
For those of us who have watched for years we have seen this pattern many times the closer we get to the tournament we seem to fall not rise up to the time. Granite there are some major issues i.e. " zebras", just demoralizing for the team, we saw this frustration come out with Gillis last night. So which team shows up for the tournament?

For those of us who have watched for years we have seen this pattern many times the closer we get to the tournament we seem to fall not rise up to the time. Granite there are some major issues i.e. " zebras", just demoralizing for the team, we saw this frustration come out with Gillis last night. So which team shows up for the tournament?
the next 4 games should be revealing, I think we'll be fine

2019 we rose in the tourney, don't give up on us.

That team did not finish the season strong or win the BTT, (in fact I seem to recall some talk around here that Carsen was selfish and needed to stop shooting so much), yet they ended up 2 seconds and a fluke play from the Final Four.
They just left Carson open , his hands were smoking he was so hot....lets hope they find their rhythm again 😃

IMHO, I hate the way the last 4 games have gone, until I consider that the youngsters and Painter needed to go through them. This is a cerebral team and coaching staff. Now they have experiences (data) to realize what it takes for each aspect to succeed. I think they'll crush the rest of the season.

2019 we rose in the tourney, don't give up on us.
I love Carsen Edwards. :)

tenor.gif

Reactions: BoilerMaker P
That team did not finish the season strong or win the BTT, (in fact I seem to recall some talk around here that Carsen was selfish and needed to stop shooting so much), yet they ended up 2 seconds and a fluke play from the Final Four.
I remember the freak outs starting that December. I was somewhat calm. Maybe it was the "boileraphine" (or however it's spelled) but I kept thinking "this team might struggle, but they're built for a tournament run." By God, I was right. Of course, I kinda felt the same way last year (although less confidently; Ivey, while a better NBA prospect just wasn't as confidence inspiring in college for some reason) and, by God, I was wrong. :D

This team is full of streaky shooters. We just need one or two guys to get hot again and we'll be back in business.

To get there it took Ryan's game against Tenn and a 3pt shot by Carsen that the ref blew the whistle when many wouldn't and so Purdue got a huge break

Very true. I was at the Tennessee game with my UT fan friend and had my head in my hands after that shot thinking we had lost. I was pretty shocked they called the foul.

Reactions: tjreese
The concerning thing to me is the low percentage being made of the three point shot. Loyer is 3 of 19 in the last 4 games. No one is filling it up beyond the the arc. I hope the team can start hitting these shots soon.

I predict a round of 32 loss to Arkansas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT