ADVERTISEMENT

A new novel idea

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
We have educated and knowledgeable people here who know a lot about college basketball. So. If they can see it, surely big 10 coaches can also see it and realize it. So why don’t they take steps to change it?

I’m talking about the officiating and the style of play allowed to happen in Big 10 games that does not help or prepare big 10 teams to participate in the real tournament!

Can the big 10 coaches and comish and officials get together and start making big 10 games more like the other conferences?

Wouldn’t that produce better tournament results? And also improve the type of recruit that considers playing for a big 10 team?

We have educated and knowledgeable people here who know a lot about college basketball. So. If they can see it, surely big 10 coaches can also see it and realize it. So why don’t they take steps to change it?

I’m talking about the officiating and the style of play allowed to happen in Big 10 games that does not help or prepare big 10 teams to participate in the real tournament!

Can the big 10 coaches and comish and officials get together and start making big 10 games more like the other conferences?

Wouldn’t that produce better tournament results? And also improve the type of recruit that considers playing for a big 10 team?
B12 has pretty similar ref issues to the B10. I have always wondered why they have been more successful recently? Obviously the other 4 big conferences call it tighter, especially the ACC, but the B12 lets them play almost as much as the B10.

Not sure about new & novel......but needed.....yes!

Inconsistencies will hurt the B10 pre and post conference games. Either make it clear to coaches that outside conference play will be different than conference play, or be more consistent with other conference play.

I just assume have other conferences follow the B10 lead and leat the kids play. So I get that may be some of the brand and marketing. Just need to realize such a decision has consequences and softer, more finesse, marketable players may go elsewhere.

You don't understand. Wol's new novel is out; he wants testimonials to use as book blurbs. Keep them brief; our fellow Boiler needs our help.

"Sucks."

"Consistent."

"Repetitious details."

"Effortless."

"An undiscovered master."

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT