ADVERTISEMENT

19 children

Are you familiar with anything he’s talking about here? No need to call him a whacko because what he’s stating here makes Democrats look bad and very soft on crime. And for you of all people to talk about others needing better mental health access.
You at your last day here yet, atl? Hopefully you make a big deal about it so you get the attention you crave from a bunch of internet trolls. How desperate.

You at your last day here yet, atl? Hopefully you make a big deal about it so you get the attention you crave from a bunch of internet trolls. How desperate.
Huh? Who are the internet trolls I’m desperate for attention from? Someday you’ll grow up and leave the conversation about children getting killed for those of us with children. You have no idea what you’re talking about but you’re too stupid and crazy to ever shut up.

When have I argued for guns in school? You're so incomprehensibly silly after all these years you think I'm a Repub? I actually have kids. What do you do all day?
Same thing you do all day, clearly. What’s your point?

I mean you sit on here and argue the semantics of this, that and the other and can’t seem to acknowledge we have a huge gun problem in this country. You rant and rave and make no point. Then again, maybe I’m confusing you with some the other righties on here; you’re all versions of the same idiot.

Huh? Who are the internet trolls I’m desperate for attention from? Someday you’ll grow up and leave the conversation about children getting killed for those of us with children. You have no idea what you’re talking about but you’re too stupid and crazy to ever shut up.
Oh when you and BSIT were crying about Brian from the main board and how you’re done at the end of this month blah blah pout and cry blah. Your poor kids. What a dumb fukking father they have. Hopefully they will grow up and leave before you ruin them. Please make sure that on 5/31 your whiny bitch ass stays gone for good.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
Oh when you and BSIT were crying about Brian from the main board and how you’re done at the end of this month blah blah pout and cry blah. Your poor kids. What a dumb fukking father they have. Hopefully they will grow up and leave before you ruin them. Please make sure that on 5/31 your whiny bitch ass stays gone for good.
Wow. Seek the help that you desperately need. My son will be raised in a home full of faith and love with two heterosexual parents in a positive environment. Something you obviously know nothing about and you take that miserable life you have out on others. Please make sure to stay on this board for the rest of your life getting absolutely nowhere.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Wow. Seek the help that you desperately need. My son will be raised in a home full of faith and love with two heterosexual parents in a positive environment. Something you obviously know nothing about and you take that miserable life you have out on others. Please make sure to stay on this board for the rest of your life getting absolutely nowhere.
You know, I purposely avoided your posts just so I could avoid this kind of interaction. But since you’re nothing more than a trolling asshole, you just had to start something because you’re incapable of just shutting the fukk up. If the best you can do is claim to be superior to someone because you’re married and straight, it just goes to show how insecure and pathetic a person you really are. God help your kids. They’re going to need it with a father like you.

You know, I purposely avoided your posts just so I could avoid this kind of interaction. But since you’re nothing more than a trolling asshole, you just had to start something because you’re incapable of just shutting the fukk up. If the best you can do is claim to be superior to someone because you’re married and straight, it just goes to show how insecure and pathetic a person you really are. God help your kids. They’re going to need it with a father like you.
Because you knew you’d get clowned and made to look like the fool you are by somebody obviously smarter and more superior than you? I would have done the same. And the superiority has nothing to do with being heterosexual. It has to do with being younger, much more successful and not living my entire life screaming about how evil a political party and all of their members are. When are you going to grow up? Speaking of God, we all thank him you don’t and won’t have children. The last thing this country needs is more of you.

Same thing you do all day, clearly. What’s your point?

I mean you sit on here and argue the semantics of this, that and the other and can’t seem to acknowledge we have a huge gun problem in this country. You rant and rave and make no point. Then again, maybe I’m confusing you with some the other righties on here; you’re all versions of the same idiot.
I always make perfectly clear, salient points. Sometimes wrapped in dark sarcasm, but I think even low IQ leftists can pick up on it.

• Haha
Reactions: atlboiler2156
I always make perfectly clear, salient points. Sometimes wrapped in dark sarcasm, but I think even low IQ leftists can pick up on it.
Wait, what? You don’t kick and scream about how an entire political party doesn’t care about kids being murdered? Get with it, man. That’s the way you need to be. Get really emotional and take out your misery on others.

If only there were good guys with guns there. Oh wait, there were. Your arguments are so weak. Then again, that’s what I expect from someone who doesn’t care about dead kids.
There was. A Border Patrol agent took out the lunatic after he shot two regular cops. Who knows how many more children would have been shot if not for the Border Patrol agent.

Reactions: Indy_Rider and BSIT
There was. A Border Patrol agent took out the lunatic after he shot two regular cops. Who knows how many more children would have been shot if not for the Border Patrol agent.
21 people later. All I’m saying is that the argument to have an armed guard at every school entrance just doesn’t seem feasible. I fully understand the sentiment, but it does nothing to address WHY we feel that we have to turn every school into a military state.

I hope your son doesn't get murdered at school thanks to your worldview!

Reactions: charlespig
I hope your son doesn't get murdered at school thanks to your worldview!
I had to drop him off today and it wasn’t fun. My worldview has nothing to do with the chances of him getting murdered at school, Teddy. Nice try though. Guns have been around for two centuries but all of a sudden school shootings are a thing in the last 30ish years. Why is that? There is plenty that needs to be changed culturally but screaming about politics and making this political won’t do much.

• Love
Reactions: BSIT and BBG
21 people later. All I’m saying is that the argument to have an armed guard at every school entrance just doesn’t seem feasible. I fully understand the sentiment, but it does nothing to address WHY we feel that we have to turn every school into a military state.
I think it’s the imperative of school districts to decide what or if they want guards at schools or not.

I had to drop him off today and it wasn’t fun. My worldview has nothing to do with the chances of him getting murdered at school, Teddy. Nice try though. Guns have been around for two centuries but all of a sudden school shootings are a thing in the last 30ish years. Why is that? There is plenty that needs to be changed culturally but screaming about politics and making this political won’t do much.
Lots of serious mental health issues - our culture is rotting from within and breaking down. Impulse control seems to be getting worse and worse. Mental health issues do not discriminate by political party - it affects people from both parties equally seriously.

Lots of serious mental health issues - our culture is rotting from within and breaking down. Impulse control seems to be getting worse and worse. Mental health issues do not discriminate by political party - it affects people from both parties equally seriously.
Bingo. IMO belief in self, celebrity, and false prophets has a big deal to do with a general unhappiness amongst many. Not hear to preach but the happiest people I know? The 45 I worship with every Sunday at a tiny Lutheran church down here. Literally, the happiest people I know.

I think it’s the imperative of school districts to decide what or if they want guards at schools or not.
Agreed, sure, it’s their prerogative. I get that. But it does nothing to address why they have to be there. It does nothing to address why this kid could go buy his arsenal unchecked before he could buy his first beer. I just don’t see how it should ever be normal for kids to see an armed guard on their way into school every day. That can’t be the answer.

Reactions: charlespig
Guns have been around for two centuries but all of a sudden school shootings are a thing in the last 30ish years. Why is that?

Yeah, why do you think that is?

And why does it matter? People have been around for thousands of years, but AIDS became an issue only in the last 40+ years. Why is that? Does it really matter though? It is still a problem and we'll need to deal with it.

And guns have been around for two centuries and no other country on Earth (except US) has this outburst of school shootings. Why is that?

And why does it matter? People have been around for thousands of years, but AIDS became an issue only in the last 40+ years. Why is that? Does it really matter though? It is still a problem and we'll need to deal with it.

And guns have been around for two centuries and no other country on Earth (except US) has this outburst of school shootings. Why is that?
The moral decay of society perhaps? Violence wherever you look in media and video games? Why does it matter? It matters because to solve a problem, you need to know the root of the issue. There’s a problem in the last 30 years. What’s causing it and how do we solve it?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Agreed, sure, it’s their prerogative. I get that. But it does nothing to address why they have to be there. It does nothing to address why this kid could go buy his arsenal unchecked before he could buy his first beer. I just don’t see how it should ever be normal for kids to see an armed guard on their way into school every day. That can’t be the answer.
Why? Because there are evil people in this world who think it’s cool/fulfilling/satisfying to break into schools and shoot innocent students, teachers, school workers. Only a deranged lunatic would think to do something like this. First he pops his relative (grandmother I believe) and then rampages a school. Hauntingly similar to Sandy Hook (pops his mom and then mows down innocent children, teachers, and school workers). Who in their right mind would ever do something like this?

Yet the left continually carps about the inanimate object (the guns) instead of the shooter who CHOSE to pull the trigger time-after-time to mow down innocent people.

Reactions: BBG

Let's say we put armed security at every school. So the crazies can't go after daycare center, hospitals, libraries, parks, beaches?

And the report I've read was the Buffalo gunman was stopped by security / ex-cop with 11 shots, but it ain't matter b/c the gunman was wearing bullet-proof vest.

Lastly, if arming the good guys will stop shooting, you'd think a gun range owner would be well equipped, right?

Because this country is less mentally healthy. This country basically forcibly closed insane asylums in the 1970s saying they were “cruel and unusual”. And it was the left that pushed to do this. Now, our prisons have essentially become de facto insane asylums.

People who would have been committed in the past are free to roam about in society. If they are insane and have a death wish, they will make everyone they can pay before being taken out.

The moral decay of society perhaps? Violence wherever you look in media and video games? Why does it matter? It matters because to solve a problem, you need to know the root of the issue. There’s a problem in the last 30 years. What’s causing it and how do we solve it?

Good. We both acknowledge that it is a problem, right? So let's get to the root and solve it.

So school shooting is really a thing with the US and not much with the rest of the world. What are they doing differently than us? Ah, in most countries, civilians cannot get handguns, let alone AK-47 or AR-15. Isn't it the more obvious root cause?

But hey, we have a 2nd Amendment to protect our guns, so that's a no go. But the 2nd Amendment is valid only in a militia context, not for civilians for self-defense. Nevertheless, I won't argue on that. Just make owning a gun as difficult as getting an abortion, like a mandatory 48-hours waiting period, written permission from a parent or a judge, a note from a doctor proving that he understands what he is about to do, time spent watching a video on individual and mass murders, traveling hundreds of miles at his own expense to the nearest gun shop, and walking through protestors holding photos of loved ones killed by guns, protestor who call him a murderer.

Now the crazies can only kill with knives (or at least go through a mountain of obstacles to get guns), you don't think that will reduce the mass shooting?

Why? Because there are evil people in this world who think it’s cool/fulfilling/satisfying to break into schools and shoot innocent students, teachers, school workers. Only a deranged lunatic would think to do something like this. First he pops his relative (grandmother I believe) and then rampages a school. Hauntingly similar to Sandy Hook (pops his mom and then mows down innocent children, teachers, and school workers). Who in their right mind would ever do something like this?

Yet the left continually carps about the inanimate object (the guns) instead of the shooter who CHOSE to pull the trigger time-after-time to mow down innocent people.
Okay, so why make it EASIER for the crazies to buy the guns then? Why doesn’t anyone address that on here? I mean I have my theories but the floor is yours, SD. If there is so much evil, as you say, then why is the evil given carte blanche to buy an arsenal and go on a spree?

I said this yesterday; we can acknowledge that this country has a mental health crisis and a gun crisis. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Because this country is less mentally healthy. This country basically forcibly closed insane asylums in the 1970s saying they were “cruel and unusual”. And it was the left that pushed to do this. Now, our prisons have essentially become de facto insane asylums.

People who would have been committed in the past are free to roam about in society. If they are insane and have a death wish, they will make everyone they can pay before being taken out.

OK, but why would that be a problem if those people (who should be in insane asylums) are now transferred to the prisons? It didn't matter where they are locked up, as long as they are locked up, right?

Yet, we still have a mass shooting problem.

US-prison-pop-1925-2019-1.png

Reactions: PurdueFan1

Maybe because in our society we’ve normalized extreme mental health by calling it “inclusion” “diversity” and assigning a flag of some sort to it.
How many government sanctioned exterminations of its unarmed citizenry have occurred in the United States?

OK, but why would that be a problem if those people (who should be in insane asylums) are now transferred to the prisons? It didn't matter where they are locked up, as long as they are locked up, right?

Yet, we still have a mass shooting problem.

US-prison-pop-1925-2019-1.png
You totally missed the point. Sandy Hook shooter and this idiot in TX both had no criminal records that I’m aware of. Most of these lone wolf killers came out of nowhere (misanthropes) and took many lives. Yet you want to punish law abiding citizens for the actions of deranged lunatics and criminals.

Also, these days with “sentencing reform”, mostly liberal judges are allowing repeat offenders out earlier than before or they’re not sentencing them to serve time at all. What will these people do thinking there are no/few repercussions for their actions? Commit more crimes. Genius.

You totally missed the point. Sandy Hook shooter and this idiot in TX both had no criminal records that I’m aware of. Most of these lone wolf killers came out of nowhere (misanthropes) and took many lives. Yet you want to punish law abiding citizens for the actions of deranged lunatics and criminals.

Also, these days with “sentencing reform”, mostly liberal judges are allowing repeat offenders out earlier than before or they’re not sentencing them to serve time at all. What will these people do thinking there are no/few repercussions for their actions? Commit more crimes. Genius.
Okay. Then let’s do this. Let’s put armed guards at every school and every entrance. It’s better than sitting on our hands waiting for the next one.

Let’s open the floodgates for a lot more mental health resources to try and see the red flag well in advance. It’s better than sitting on our hands and waiting for the next one.

Let’s make it a lot harder to buy a gun. If, at the end of the day you still end up with your gun, then you should have no problem with a gauntlet of checks and balances and training. It’s better than sitting on our hands and waiting for the next one.

At this point, we need to throw the kitchen sink at it. But we also have to be willing to compromise and be open to anything and everything.

I don’t like the idea of armed guards at every school, but if it’s done in conjunction with other things and provides a sense of security, then let’s go. Because whatever it is that we’re doing now clearly isn’t working. I’m game!

Reactions: SKYDOG
You totally missed the point. Sandy Hook shooter and this idiot in TX both had no criminal records that I’m aware of.

But they are clearly lunatics (in hindsight), so why not have them go through hurdles like many states are now proposing with abortion? Have a mandatory 48-hours waiting period, written permission from a parent or a judge, a note from a doctor proving that he understands what he is about to do, time spent watching a video on individual and mass murders, traveling hundreds of miles at his own expense to the nearest gun shop, and walking through protestors holding photos of loved ones killed by guns, protestor who call him a murderer.

I get your concern, but it sounds like you are saying we are not sentencing enough and people that should be locked up are not serving time. Yet, from the chart, prison population already went up 6x to 8x since 1980, so how many more we have to lock up?

US already has more people incarcerated than China - a country that has like 3 to 4x the population, and where you can be jailed just b/c you speak ill of the government or officials. Our incarceration rate is already top in the world, higher than Rwanda, Turkmenistan, El Salvador, and Cuba. All of these facts don't seem to agree with your opinion that we need to lock up more people.

How much of a punishment is it to make people wait longer to buy a gun? Are we punishing 18 year olds by denying them an AR until they are 21?

Can we call it an inconvenience at best? Are the lives of these kids worth the inconvenience?

You are so out of touch it is not funny. I think you are challenged as far as intelligent. In Chi-town, if someone from the Gangster Disciples wants to take out members of the Latin Kings on the corner of 71st Street and Stoney Island, you are telling me that some average Joe with gun is going to stop that? Is that what you are telling us?
What I know is that those gang members KNOW that they will not have any resistance from the public in general because it's illegal for them to own guns. I'm out of touch? Why isn't there violence the likes of Chicago in area's that aren't gun free? Don't you know that it's estimated that millions of times a year, guns are used to STOP a crime?

You republicans disgust me. You watch these children get turned into hamburger meat constantly and you make excuse after excuse instead of doing anything at all that would upset the NRA or gun manufacturers.
This has nothing to do with the NRA or gun manufacturers you moron! It's about keeping our freedoms so that we don't risk falling under a tyrannical government. The left has said it many times over the last several decades that they intend to take away ALL guns. The history behind countries that do that isn't good. We here in the USA are the real last bastion of freedom in the world. Once that goes away, there's nowhere else to go, and you leftist morons are sprinting to make that happen as fast as you can.

So someone justify this, if it's the Republicans that don't want to do anything for kids safety, why did Chuck Schumer block a GOP bill just DAYS after a mass shooting?

You can hate that it's on Fox all you want, but the fact remains it's GOP sitting idly by. As many democrats have said in this thread, doing SOMETHING is better than nothing right? Because of Chuck nothing is getting done.

So someone justify this, if it's the Republicans that don't want to do anything for kids safety, why did Chuck Schumer block a GOP bill just DAYS after a mass shooting?

You can hate that it's on Fox all you want, but the fact remains it's GOP sitting idly by. As many democrats have said in this thread, doing SOMETHING is better than nothing right? Because of Chuck nothing is getting done.
No no no. Because of all of them, nothing is getting done. If you’re gonna hop on the anything is better than nothing train, then every last one of them shoulders the burden. Abbott blocked millions that would have gone to mental health. Why? Maybe it would have stopped this shooter before he ever considered it. We can keep going with this or fully put the pedal to the metal and go all out with all of them.

No no no. Because of all of them, nothing is getting done. If you’re gonna hop on the anything is better than nothing train, then every last one of them shoulders the burden. Abbott blocked millions that would have gone to mental health. Why? Maybe it would have stopped this shooter before he ever considered it. We can keep going with this or fully put the pedal to the metal and go all out with all of them.
So we're talking about going forward. That is where this whole thread has gone now, not the past. And currently a bill that was designed with input from Parkland parents/survivors, was blocked by Chuck.

So we're talking about going forward. That is where this whole thread has gone now, not the past. And currently a bill that was designed with input from Parkland parents/survivors, was blocked by Chuck.
Like I said, go after him. Fine. But take his name out and slot someone else in because they’re all doing the same thing. It’s just semantics otherwise

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT