ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Court Eliminates Trump from Ballot

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
4 people in Colorado has determined that the rest of the state cannot vote for the Trump in the primary.

Used insurrection as a basis, even though I am not sure if he has not been convicted of any insurrection crimes? I don't pay attention to all the Trump blathering on here, I am not sure he has even been CHARGED with insurrection, let alone convicted of it???

Meanwhile, the Dem Media cheers the decision to remove T....saying 4 Dem judges deciding the rest of the state's population cannot vote on this fellow IS Democracy in progress.

States do have rights to make legal decisions. But again these decisions must be legally valid.

Your thoughts?

I am not voting for T in the primary anyway. He is my 2nd to last R choice. But I find the above unfair to him, and more abuse by Dems of the Justice system.

Last edited:
Likely to be overturned

Agree with that possibility.

America believes in fairness.....this seems to be the opposite.

I am for State's rights, as per constitution, but think we possibly have an over reach here by 4 Dem justices??

Last edited:
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Agree with that possibility.

America believes in fairness.....this seems to be the opposite.

I am for State's rights, as per constitution, but think we possibly have an over reach here by 4 Dem justices??
LOL; the likeliest reason for overturning has NOTHING to do with some layman's notion of "fairness." And the Supreme Court will not contradict the finding that Trump is an adjudged insurrectionist.

Instead, the grounds for overturning will be whether a President is an "official" under legislative intent. I think Roberts has already weighed in that.

LOL; the likeliest reason for overturning has NOTHING to do with some layman's notion of "fairness." And the Supreme Court will not contradict the finding that Trump is an adjudged insurrectionist.

Instead, the grounds for overturning will be whether a President is an "official" under legislative intent. I think Roberts has already weighed in that.

My comment on fairness was directed at the Dems using lawfare to try to stop a political opponent. The Rs even ones like me who won't vote T in the primary see this ..... and this unfairness is the primary reason he has gone UP in the R polls ever since they started this nonsense.

As to your other point, I will let the USSC speak to that if they take it up.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
My comment on fairness was directed at the Dems using lawfare to try to stop a political opponent. The Rs even ones like me who won't vote T in the primary see this ..... and this unfairness is the primary reason he has gone UP in the R polls ever since they started this nonsense.

I know that's what your comment on fairness was speaking to. My point is that courts don't give a shit about that.

The Colorado Supreme Court found that Trump the Insurrectionist fit the legislative intent for an official for which the 14th Amendment applies. I believe the Supreme Court will rule otherwise, but also that the Supreme Court will not touch the finding that Trump is an insurrectionist.

I know that's what your comment on fairness was speaking to. My point is that courts don't give a shit about that.

The Colorado Supreme Court found that Trump the Insurrectionist fit the legislative intent for an official for which the 14th Amendment applies. I believe the Supreme Court will rule otherwise, but also that the Supreme Court will not touch the finding that Trump is an insurrectionist.

And if the USSC overturns it, the people voting for him won't give 2 cents toward your point, wrong or right....

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
And if the USSC overturns it, the people voting for him won't give 2 cents toward your point, wrong or right....
Agreed!

Moreover, even if the Supreme Court doesn't overturn it and he's off the ballot in Colorado, Trump-er-ers everywhere else won't care and will still vote for him; even if he wears a Nazi uniform, nominates Putin or Roseanne Barr as his VP choice, or stuffs an enchilada up his ass and calls himself Susie. They will justify literally any offensive thing he does.

Reactions: indy35 and z_one
Agreed!

Moreover, even if the Supreme Court doesn't overturn it and he's off the ballot in Colorado, Trump-er-ers everywhere else won't care and will still vote for him; even if he wears a Nazi uniform, nominates Putin or Roseanne Barr as his VP choice, or stuffs an enchilada up his ass and calls himself Susie. They will justify literally any offensive thing he does.

While that is interesting view, reality is that if it's T vs B in the end.....MOST voting for Trump will be those like me, just voting against Dem inflation, crime, energy and border agenda.

These Trumpets only are enough to get him the R nomination ......but are not anywhere near enough % wise in general polling, as why T is out polling B in about every poll now. That is because Dem policy is failing Americans.

Trump is an "adjudged insurrectionist"? I thought we still lived in a country where judicial decisions were needed to "adjudge" someone's guilt. Once again you are a shining example of an IU graduate.

Trump is an "adjudged insurrectionist"? I thought we still lived in a country where judicial decisions were needed to "adjudge" someone's guilt. Once again you are a shining example of an IU graduate.
Yes, and the Colorado trial court already concluded that Trump is an insurrectionist. That is a finding of fact that has happened, and will remain untouched.

Appellate courts do not re-litigate nor rule on findings of fact; they rule (broadly described) to determine whether or not the law was applied correctly in the trial court. If they rule that it was, the finding of fact will remain unchanged and if they rule that it wasn't the case will be remanded to have the law properly applied. Feel free to re-visit your post and my response once this is done.

Not sure why me referencing the most basic fundamentals of legal process is somehow a disparagement on an IU degree -- it is a bare minimum of education that most have; IU degree, Purdue degree, or any degree.

4 people in Colorado has determined that the rest of the state cannot vote for the Trump in the primary.

Used insurrection as a basis, even though I am not sure if he has not been convicted of any insurrection crimes? I don't pay attention to all the Trump blathering on here, I am not sure he has even been CHARGED with insurrection, let alone convicted of it???

Meanwhile, the Dem Media cheers the decision to remove T....saying 4 Dem judges deciding the rest of the state's population cannot vote on this fellow IS Democracy in progress.

States do have rights to make legal decisions. But again these decisions must be legally valid.

Your thoughts?

I am not voting for T in the primary anyway. He is my 2nd to last R choice. But I find the above unfair to him, and more abuse by Dems of the Justice system.
You keep saying that you are not voting for Chump but you sure go out of your way to defend this fool.

Your thoughts?

Agreed, should be the people’s choice, I can’t stand Trump, however, kicking him off the ballot needs to be overturned.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
You keep saying that you are not voting for Chump but you sure go out of your way to defend this fool.

Just because I am a principled person that thinks Dem Lawfare is nasty unfair unjust business, does not make me a T supporter. There is a major difference.

But as to Trump IF it comes down to it; I would vote for him over ANY Dem everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Dem policy is failing the poor and middle class. Killing MC pocketbooks.

Hope it doesn't come to that, but it's this very Lawfare that is boosting Ts R polling within the party bring out the Trumpets.

Last edited:

I thought it was 6 republicans brought the lawsuit? Rinos I guess.

It will overturned and should be…….based on the law, not MAGA outrage.

Agreed, should be the people’s choice, I can’t stand Trump, however, kicking him off the ballot needs to be overturned.
I absolutely understand the logic behind that, but let me pose it a bit differently;

Would you have been okay with Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee having been on a ballot for US Senate in 1866? Because the trial court basically put Trump into the same status.

Reactions: z_one
I absolutely understand the logic behind that, but let me pose it a bit differently;

Would you have been okay with Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee having been on a ballot for US Senate in 1866? Because the trial court basically put Trump into the same status.
Yes. The government doesn't get to decide who governs it.

Courts don’t care about fairness? I hope you are not a lawyer. Well maybe progressive judges don’t. It’s called right to due process. You know. Bring witnesses, jury of your peers, cross examination of the accuser. It’s the freaking bedrock of our constitution rights.

What is fact is he has never been found guilty of “insurrection.” In fact even the partisan prosecutors on the other cases have declined to even charge him with that. But 4 whack job progressive judges say he is an insurrectionist and you say “fact.”?

And the 3 dissenting judges were also democrats. As were several other States such as Minnesota who decline to take the case from this group venue shopping this suit. I like the way the media glosses over these facts.

I thought it was 6 republicans brought the lawsuit? Rinos I guess.

It will overturned and should be…….based on the law, not MAGA outrage.
I go away for a bit and Border is Secure Bobby still being cap’n cut and paste? The lawsuit was filed by a couple of registered Republican voters because in order to file the suit in CO to keep him off the primary ballot it could not be a non-R part registered voter filing suits.

Now who really is behind this? CREW the group that bank rolled the suit was formerly lead by David Brock (ever hear of Media Matters?). Its board members and top brass per FEC filings have provided over a million to Biden/Harris funds. That’s the truth. But again. Your lack of independent thought continues. You infer that this was “concerned R voters.” What’s more important in this story to distill the politics? A couple of people out of hundreds of thousands of registered Rs? Or the group that paid for every dime and provided all the lawyers?

That just goes to show how dumb or politically biased those people are on that court.

Reactions: tjreese and SKYDOG

Not going to revert back to 1866, on this let the voters decide, all this does is give Trump a boast, as someone that doesn’t want either him or Biden I think it’s the wrong move. I have leanings both left and right, on crime I’m pretty far right. Anyway, the fact that we’ll likely see and have people fight over Trump vs Biden is a freaking joke, both need to be out of American politics. This country deserves better than these two over the hill goofs.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Anyway, the fact that we’ll likely see and have people fight over Trump vs Biden is a freaking joke, both need to be out of American politics. This country deserves better than these two over the hill goofs.

If we end up with Trump vs Biden, the flopped plans of Dem strategists are to blame. Looks like they timed all the legal moves to make it Biden vs Trump knowing the Trumpets out there would get behind him as they used Lawfare.

What they did not count on were the Dem policies being soundly rejected to the tune of 63% disapproval.

Now the Dems are in a pickle.....as is America. An unwanted choice.

If we end up with Trump vs Biden, the flopped plans of Dem strategists are to blame. Looks like they timed all the legal moves to make it Biden vs Trump knowing the Trumpets out there would get behind him as they used Lawfare.

What they did not count on were the Dem policies being soundly rejected to the tune of 63% disapproval.

Now the Dems are in a pickle.....as is America. An unwanted choice.
I've never really seen the dems in a pickle positively correlated to America being in a pickle. Typically, they are inversely related and highly correlated. There are no solutions...just trade offs.

There is a Confederate flag flying inside the United States Capitol.”
I couldn’t believe it. That hadn’t happened, even during the Civil War. “My God, Jamie—what have they done?” We later learned that, at this same time, senior staff in the White House were begging President Donald Trump to tell the rioters to halt the violence and leave the Capitol Building. He refused.
I went over to speak to Keith Stern, who managed the House floor for the Democrats and was controlling speaking time for members who were opposed to objections. If we were able to resume debate, I knew it would be crucial for a member of Republican leadership to speak soon against what the objectors were doing. I asked Keith to move me up in the order. “You’ll be next,” he told me.
I went back to the Republican side just as a police officer moved to the microphone and made an announcement:
We have had a breach of the Capitol Building, that’s going to be going into a lockdown of both chambers, the House and the Senate.

As the officer concluded his announcement, the unmistakable sound of rioters pounding on doors outside the chamber was getting louder and louder. Inside, Capitol Police were slamming doors shut and locking them. We were being locked in.
Dozens of members were on the House floor. Another 30 or so, along with reporters, were in the gallery above. A handful of plainclothes and uniformed Capitol Police were in the chamber with us. And several members of Congress who had served in the military or law enforcement were preparing to help guard the doors.
McGovern announced there was another update and asked for everyone’s attention. Paul Irving, who was then the House Sergeant at Arms, approached the microphone and said this:
Everybody, you need to be prepared to get down under your chairs if necessary. We have folks entering the Rotunda and coming down this way. So, we’ll update you as soon as we can, but just be prepared. Stay calm.

Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma had been sitting a few rows in front of me, and now he edged closer.
“Do not lie down or try to take cover,” he warned me. “You will not be safe in here if they breach the chamber. Get out of here, fast. Go out that door,” he said, pointing at the door to the right of the Speaker’s chair next to the historic portrait of Lafayette.
“Got it,” I said, my anger growing.
Jim Jordan approached me. “We need to get the ladies off the aisle,” he said and put out his hand. “Let me help you.”
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Get the ladies off the aisle? Really?! He and his coconspirators in the White House and Congress had provoked this attack on the heart of American democracy, and now he thought I needed or wanted his help?
I swatted his hand away.
“Get away from me. You f—ing did this.”

As Jim scurried off, there was another announcement from the Capitol Police:
We have tear gas in the Rotunda. Please be advised there are masks under your seats. Please grab a mask, place it in your lap, and be prepared to don your gas masks.
The Capitol Rotunda is not far from the House chamber—less than a minute’s walk out the door. With each subsequent police announcement, the mob rampaging outside was getting closer and closer.
I had not been aware that there were gas masks under the seats in the House chamber. I reached under my seat and pulled out a black pouch. Inside the pouch was a box that contained another bag. I tore open the bag and took out the rescue hood inside. I looked up to see Gosar, still standing in front of the podium where he’d been delivering remarks. Now he was afraid, and fumbling with his gas mask. “How do you open this?” he was repeating over and over. I grabbed the pouch from him, opened it, and handed it back.

There was an awful din in the chamber by this point. As the whine of the gas masks mingled with the sounds of members calling loved ones and preparing to fight the mob, the pounding outside the doors seemed to grow louder. I remember thinking it sounded like the mob had a battering ram. Their jeering violent shouts and chants were echoing off the marble hallways outside the chamber.
The House chaplain, Margaret Kibben, went to one of the microphones and began to pray:
While you prepare, I will pray. Almighty God, we ask that you provide peace if you can. You have been our ever defender and strength. We call upon you today that even as we walk this tough path. Each one of us has an element of fear and anxiety. May we lay it down before your feet, God, that you will spare us from it.

In the gallery above the House floor, Jason Crow of Colorado, a former Army Ranger, was doing just that. He later described instinctively shifting into combat mode and going through a mental checklist to secure the perimeter and get the dozen or so fellow members seated up there with him into a small group in a defensive position. He instructed members in the gallery to remove their official congressional pins, making them harder to identify if the mob broke through. As he helped other members get their gas masks ready for use, Crow described looking up and seeing “one of the most shocking things” he had ever seen: Capitol Police officers barricading the chamber doors—with members still in the chamber. Crow later said this was when he realized we were very likely in deep trouble:
There was a moment where I was going to ask one of the officers for his firearm. Because I’ve used firearms before against people, I know that I’m capable of doing what’s necessary to protect myself and protect

, but I didn’t know whether the officers were.… My experience in combat is that you never know who is willing to actually pull that trigger and do what’s necessary. But I knew that I could.

Suddenly people were running in the aisle at the back of the chamber. The mob was battering the doors to the chamber itself, attempting to invade. Members of Congress and plainclothes Capitol police officers were rushing to find whatever they could—benches, desks, chairs—to barricade the door and defend the chamber of the House of Representatives. The rioters had shattered the glass panels of the chamber doors, perhaps with flagpoles topped with spears. Police officers drew their guns.
Troy Nehls, a freshman member and former sheriff from Texas who helped barricade the doors, told an interviewer in the days after January 6 that the Capitol Police would have been justified in opening fire:
The guards are saying, “Stop banging on that. Don’t come through that door. We will shoot you.” And I felt that

it would have been totally justified in doing so.
Members were told to evacuate the chamber. “We need everyone out!” officers instructed.
What sounded like gunshots—but was likely the sound of glass shattering—filled the air. People began yelling: “Shots fired! Shots fired! Get down!” A member of Congress, his voice filled with fury, yelled at the mob, “Stop it! You sons of bitches, stop!”
“They won’t listen,” someone told him in response.
There was only one person they would have listened to—the man who provoked this attack; the man who mobilized the violent mob and sent them to the Capitol; the man who for months fed his supporters lies that the election had been stolen from him; the man who told them that they had to fight like hell to save their country. That man was sitting in his dining room at the White House two miles away watching television coverage of the attack on the United States Capitol. Donald Trump refused to tell his mob to leave.

While members of Congress and staffers were still evacuating the House floor through the west end of the Speaker’s lobby, rioters were attempting to break through the doors about 100 feet away at the east end of the long hall outside the House chamber. Those doors, like the ones in the chamber itself, had been barricaded with desks and chairs piled on top of each other. Video shows the mob taunting Capitol Police officers standing between them and the east doors. Rioters were chanting “F*ck the Blue!” while others were striking at the glass in the doors with flagpoles and helmets and whatever else they had to try to break through. Three members of uniformed Capitol Police were forced to withdraw, leaving only a single plainclothes officer standing between the violent mob and members of Congress still evacuating at the other end of the lobby.

The plainclothes officer drew his weapon and issued multiple warnings for the mob to get back, to stop attempting to break through. Ashli Babbitt, wrapped in a Trump flag, ignored the warnings and began climbing through the broken window into the Speaker’s lobby.
The officer fired. Babbitt can be seen on video falling backward just as law-enforcement officers in tactical gear arrived. Markwayne Mullin was still in the House chamber when this happened. He later recounted that the officer who shot Babbitt approached him, distraught, immediately afterward. Mullin later said in several interviews that the officer had no choice, and that his action saved lives:
He had to take someone’s life but in return he probably saved a whole bunch of people’s lives. And that is a difficult thing for anybody to do that’s never been in those situations… I commend that guy… that’s why I hugged him. I said “Sir, you did what you had to do.”

Ashli Babbitt was shot at 2:44 p.m. Approximately 20 minutes later, a White House staffer wrote a note—later produced to the Select Committee—that read: “1x civilian gunshot wound to chest @ door of House cha[m]ber.” The note was delivered to President Trump, who continued to sit in his dining room, watching the violence on television and refusing to tell the mob to leave the Capitol.
People died on January 6 because of Donald Trump’s lies. Had it not been for the actions of courageous members of law enforcement, many more lives likely would have been lost.

it would have been totally justified in doing so.
Members were told to evacuate the chamber. “We need everyone out!” officers instructed.
What sounded like gunshots—but was likely the sound of glass shattering—filled the air. People began yelling: “Shots fired! Shots fired! Get down!” A member of Congress, his voice filled with fury, yelled at the mob, “Stop it! You sons of bitches, stop!”
“They won’t listen,” someone told him in response.
There was only one person they would have listened to—the man who provoked this attack; the man who mobilized the violent mob and sent them to the Capitol; the man who for months fed his supporters lies that the election had been stolen from him; the man who told them that they had to fight like hell to save their country. That man was sitting in his dining room at the White House two miles away watching television coverage of the attack on the United States Capitol. Donald Trump refused to tell his mob to leave.
Maybe Ray Epps should have told them to stop. They listened to him to go to the capitol you know.

“Let reverence for the laws be breathed by every American mother, to the lisping babe, that prattles on her lap—let it be taught in schools, in seminaries, and in colleges; let it be written in Primers, spelling books, and Almanacs;—let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, and enforced in the courts of justice.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT