ADVERTISEMENT

16 turnovers and 10 of 17 free throws is the difference in winning and losing

Bleedinggoldandblack

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
The Watchtower
Despite a lot of NO foul calls and bad ones, we can't have this and win ..I m sure these guys will look in the mirror and correct....not matching inte site in the first half , put our backs against the wall.

Reactions: tjreese
Despite a lot of NO foul calls and bad ones, we can't have this and win ..I m sure these guys will look in the mirror and correct....not matching inte site in the first half , put our backs against the wall.
I really have no issues with their play in the second half, but in the first half they looked tentative and tight. A similar thing happened last year, but I feel like this year’s team has more maturity and will do a better job learning from it.

The sequence where Gillis traveled on what seemed like 3 straight possessions is still mind boggling. So out of character. They just looked uncomfortable from the opening tip. Game looked a lot like the loss to Rutgers too. Got off to a bad start, turnovers, missed free throws, fought back but just couldn’t get over the hump or get a stop at the end.

The sequence where Gillis traveled on what seemed like 3 straight possessions is still mind boggling. So out of character. They just looked uncomfortable from the opening tip. Game looked a lot like the loss to Rutgers too. Got off to a bad start, turnovers, missed free throws, fought back but just couldn’t get over the hump or get a stop at the end.
On the one, go straight up and if TJD blocks it, then tip of the cap to him.

On the one, go straight up and if TJD blocks it, then tip of the cap to him.
Just don’t lead with the ball. Go up with a slight angle and as you make some room lift the ball over the head…after you jack their jaws

Sixteen turnovers means there were 16 times we didn't get a shot and gave IU 16 "extra" possessions. That's tough to overcome. Edey didn't have a lot of support this afternoon. We are still a Final 4 team.
IU scored 20 pts. off of 16 PU to's.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT