ADVERTISEMENT

Harris is coming ! Harris is special.

as I have mentioned before, I watch Creighton pretty much and Jacobsen reminds me of Kalkbrenner, has a nice shot, good rebounder, and shot blocker w/o being very physical
That's a really good call out. I hadn't even considered Kalkbrenner as a comp but I think there are a lot of similarities. If you believe recruiting profiles, Daniel is actually a little thicker at this point, listed at 235 versus Kalk listed at 210 in his recruiting profile.

Creighton does post up RK at times but he's much more of a complimentary, pick and pop player than a destination scorer. That works well if you have really strong guard play, which Purdue projects to have for at least the next couple of years.

So we need to fix the border.

Your link said we will allow 5000 immigrants per day. It doesn’t specify the nature of those 5000…….which MAGA idiots and elected officials immediately framed as 5k illegals coming into the country.

My link points out those are encounters. Not catch and release. Not “open borders”.

I’m not gonna do the same shit you always do. Read the damn bill for yourself. I’m not gonna answer questions or point out what’s in the bill to you because you’re too lazy or too afraid to read it.
It's his modus operandi:
  1. Ignores the source material
  2. Finds a link that supports his theory
  3. Cherry-picks a few lines from the link he likes, often taken out of context
  4. Draws his own conclusions
  5. Asks a leading question
  6. Gets asked again if he's read the source material
  7. Responds with a question or two that is contrary to the source material
  8. Get asked again to read the source material
  9. Responds with a whattaboutism that includes a childish insulting nickname that he made up.
  10. Responds by asking the poster who implored him to stay on point why they don't control another poster that has called him out because he cannot stay on point
Rinse and repeat in every thread.

*at times, he will skip directly to steps 8 & 9.*

Still #2 in the AP poll with 16 #1 votes

Don’t look now but UConn’s December 20 loss at Seton Hall has been downgraded to Q2 (Seton Hall currently #76 in NET, to go with Kansas #17 prior to their evisceration at Texas Tech, vs. Nebraska #53 and Northwestern #56). So not only do we have better wins, we arguably also have less-bad losses.
UConn's schedule gets harder starting Saturday. Home with Marquette, then at Creighton. At Marquette in March, along with remaining games against Providence, Villanova and Seton Hall. Tough end of the year.
Reactions: boilermaker75

Absolutely WILD rumors around the Arkansas program...

Our woman's program in the 90's had some issues with some of the female coaches sleeping with some of the players, heard that from a great source. Got the coach fired.
Yep. I heard it was one assistant coach in particular.

And then Dunn narc’d on the men’s program on her way out the door…

Best of the Best … Joe Barry leads Zach on Purdue’s all-time lists at 123 games apiece

I’m not a fan of comparing stats across eras. The defense played in the 1960’s, from what I’ve seen in some videos, was very different than the defense that is played today.

If you are going to compare players with Edey across eras, I would start with asking who has won a national player of the year trophy. Edey will have two soon. I think that Robinson was better than Edey and the others I can’t really speak to because I didn’t watch them play in college, but I’d be surprised if Edey wasn’t deserving of a top 3 ranking based on soon being a two time national player of the year.

It’s fun just listing all the names.

Best of the Best … Joe Barry leads Zach on Purdue’s all-time lists at 123 games apiece

Yeah I know. I was in the game thread.
Post in thread 'Liberty v. Purdue Game Thread' https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/liberty-v-purdue-game-thread.200795/post-2788303 I just meant no one cared about him coming out of high school. Not literally in Painter's dog house.

The Big Dog’s House. The House The Rocket Built. Joe Barry’s Playhouse. The Zach Shack.

And, with the doc’s bobblehead night, The Schell House, where we can truly take a knee.

I'd put it Robinson, Mount, Wooden, JBC and then Edey (IF Edey gets to a final four), if we fall short again then an argument can be made for Dischinger but I don't think Schellhase. Now the other caveat, if Edey wins a national title then I don't see how you don't elevate him to IMO co no 1 with Big Dog. This is about college achievements to me, not about how they did in the NBA or coaching a completely different team.

Robinson, Mount, Wooden and JBC have both the stats and the tourney accomplishments to say fairly they are ahead of Edey. But all it would take for me would be a NC to shoot Edey to the top or at least near the top.

I’ll drink to that.

What a nice starting lineup that would be. Just roll the ball out and watch.

Yeah but none of those top guys came to Purdue ranked 400+ barely being able to catch a ball. Zach went from from dog house to big dog in 3 years right before our eyes. I'm not worried where he stands all time. There's something different about a kid nobody wanted. Those guys had their day. It's this team's turn.

It’s showing that Purdue has many players who’ve been extra special. Otherwise Purdue wouldn’t lead the Big Ten in conference championships and hold all-time winning records over each and every program in Big Ten history -- a feat no one else can ever match -- while posting four of the top five career scoring averages in Big Ten history.

Purdue founded the Big Ten and owns it, too.

That would make sense if Zach Edey had Neil Bemenderfer and not Trevion Williams to compete for minutes against his first two seasons..

Neil was fun -- once a friend said “Hey, aren’t you Neil Bemenderfer?” and he said “Bless you” -- but try again. Despite everyone always clamoring to see our 7-foot Rocky Mountain High from Denver, Fred Schaus “eased in” Joe Barry as a freshman, alternating him at center with a four-year veteran and second-year starter, 6-11 Tom Scheffler, who then shot 53 percent from the field, 76 percent on free throws, averaged 8 points and 5 rebounds, played a year in the NBA and laid the Michigan family pipeline for his “little brother,” 6-9 Stephen Scheffler, who became a Big Ten Player of the Year here. Carroll as a frosh averaged only 7.9 points and 7.4 rebounds. As a sophomore, he started but usually deferred to three fourth-year starters -- Walter Jordan, Wayne Walls and Eugene Parker -- and pro Jerry Sichting. That team could beat anyone but went flat on the road.

Side note … I visited Joe Barry and Moses Malone just after they first played each other in the Houston Summit, which years later became the Lakewood Church, now in the news due to the wrong kind of shooting.
Reactions: boilerzz

Awesome Edey article, talking about his draft potential.

Zach can thank Steph Curry for his draft situation. In the NBA, the best shots are, in order:

1. Corner 3
2. any other 3
3. Layup/dunk
4. uncontested 2
5. contested 2

Teams are trying to hoist 40+ shots from 3/game. So, that's where the premium is. Zach might be able to get some minutes as a rim protector/rebounder, but he would still have to be able to guard a big who can take him off the dribble and who can knock down 3s. Transport Zach to the Bird/Magic/Jordan era, and he'd have been the first pick in the draft. Born at the wrong time, unfortunately, for a big-time NBA career.

A big concern for our team heading into March

IDK.... this team hit a wall in February last year & didn't look like the same team it was in November. This year has been different, but it's only mid February, so hopefully we won't hit that same wall. I am concerned about the depth on this team. There are players that could be playing more, but CMP looks set on playing 6 with spot minutes for a few others. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us. I do think we're going to have a game in the tourney where we need a surprise performance from a Colvin, Furst etc... type player.
9 players play ten or more minutes a game, Furst included.

Enough about Colvin. He doesn't play defense well at all. Yes he can hit a jumper. He's going to be important but he's not SO good as a freshmen that somehow he's the key to success.

Harris is coming ! Harris is special.

I don't even know what the "traditional Painter role" is. Looking at our primary post players under Painter:

JaJuan Johnson
AJ Hammons
Isaac Haas
Matt Haarms
Trevion Williams
Zach Edey

There is a lot of variability in those players.
Add Caleb Swanigan to that list...and you have even more variety.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how Painter puts all the pieces together around Braden.

I picked 33% because your statement was that he's 'either very much on fire or cold' and unless you consider 33% to be 'cold', the data doesn't support your statement. Your sentiment was accurate regarding his performance last year, the data suggest that's not the case this year.

Regarding scoring average, I'm being sincere in saying that your comments are generally pretty intelligent, I don't think you'd be surprised to note that Fletch's usage is down starting along side Lance this year versus Ethan last year.
I mean he's playing two minutes less per game. Again I'm not suggesting he's regressed, and I noted I thought adding more effective drives was a plus this season but overall I just don't see a leap forward. I'm not calling for him to be benched but the reality is if he's not hitting and I consider low 30s not hitting let's just say it's a good thing we have more outside shooting options for that eventuality than we did last season.

Absolutely WILD rumors around the Arkansas program...

I could do without the illustration.

If true, the wild thing about it is that it's on a men's team and public. I've heard similar stories in women's programs before.
Our woman's program in the 90's had some issues with some of the female coaches sleeping with some of the players, heard that from a great source. Got the coach fired.
Reactions: TC4THREE

I don't think we lost last tourney because of fatigue. We lost because we were inconsistent from shooting from outside and prone to games where we shot horribly.

The idea/hope is that this team hasn't, thus far, shown that level of shooting just going ice cold nearly as much as last season.
IDK.... this team hit a wall in February last year & didn't look like the same team it was in November. This year has been different, but it's only mid February, so hopefully we won't hit that same wall. I am concerned about the depth on this team. There are players that could be playing more, but CMP looks set on playing 6 with spot minutes for a few others. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us. I do think we're going to have a game in the tourney where we need a surprise performance from a Colvin, Furst etc... type player.
Reactions: New Pal Boiler

I mean 33 percent isn't a sign of a great 3 pt shooter so I'm unclear why you picked that number.

40 percent certainly is. Which would seem to support the half the time he shoots great and half the time he doesn't idea.

I'd also note he's averaging almost exactly the same scoring average as last year.
I picked 33% because your statement was that he's 'either very much on fire or cold' and unless you consider 33% to be 'cold', the data doesn't support your statement. Your sentiment was accurate regarding his performance last year, the data suggest that's not the case this year.

Regarding scoring average, I'm being sincere in saying that your comments are generally pretty intelligent, I don't think you'd be surprised to note that Fletch's usage is down starting along side Lance this year versus Ethan last year.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT