ADVERTISEMENT

So we need to fix the border.

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
Number one issue for republicans.
A bill is proposed for aid to Israel and Ukraine. Republicans say no deal. They demand a change in border policy. The plan is that Biden will not act on any border changes so no aid to Ukraine. They win on the border issue and no Ukraine aid.
Congress enters into negotiations with the Biden admin. James Langford and Chris Murphy, among others, are working on the deal. Serious people.

After months of work, a deal appeared to be in the works.
Speaker Johnson declares the deal dead, despite not having seen the final bill. Why?

Because trump wants to use the border issue in his campaign. He doesn’t want to give Biden a victory.

You say it’s a bad deal? Here’s the latest.

Last edited:
It shouldn't need to be fixed in the first place! Biden mucks up everything. Why does there need to be a "deal" to fix it? Absolutely broken brain lib logic.
@BuilderBob6 Exactly. This should have never been an issue, but Biden made it a major issue. He had 4 years to not only not fukk it up, but fix his fukk up. It's the 11th hour and NOW he wants to fix it? And they are accusing Republicans of playing politics. Maybe they are, but the Democrats did it first.

Where's your outrage when Biden created this boarder mess and refused to fix it for 3+ years?
Biden created this border mess? This has been going in for decades. This started with Reagan signing that Amnesty Bill. Then perpetuated by American businesses hiring illegal immigrants. Then Chump and the repubs had control of Congress and Senate and nothing was done. Chump promised that Mexico was paying for the wall. I’m still waiting on that Mexican check. Wasn’t until the Dems had control of congress and senate that some money was allocated for the wall. The bottom line is that the repubs had their chance and blew it.

Biden created this border mess? This has been going in for decades. This started with Reagan signing that Amnesty Bill. Then perpetuated by American businesses hiring illegal immigrants. Then Chump and the repubs had control of Congress and Senate and nothing was done. Chump promised that Mexico was paying for the wall. I’m still waiting on that Mexican check. Wasn’t until the Dems had control of congress and senate that some money was allocated for the wall. The bottom line is that the repubs had their chance and blew it.
Excuse me. Biden made the boarder mess a LOT worse than it was. Happy now?

Biden and the Dems had control of the White House, Congress, and Senate for two years and fixed the problem by allowing 300,000 illegals a month to enter the country and provides them with plane tickets, housing, food, phones, medical care, and education at the expense of all future generations of those who are legal citizens.

Biden and the Dems had control of the White House, Congress, and Senate for two years and fixed the problem by allowing 300,000 illegals a month to enter the country and provides them with plane tickets, housing, food, phones, medical care, and education at the expense of all future generations of those who are legal citizens.
My point was that the repubs are and have been for many years the biggest mouth piece for fixing the border. Then when they had control of all 3 houses of the government, they did absolutely nothing. It took Pelosi and the House dems to allocate money Chump got for the portion of the wall that they did build.

Now, Biden and Congress got a bi-partisan bill on the table fixin' to go through and now Chump is telling the repub leadership to not pass it now so that the border issue will remain a talking point throughout the candidacy. Unbelievable. And y'all want this fool back in office.

@BuilderBob6 Exactly. This should have never been an issue, but Biden made it a major issue. He had 4 years to not only not fukk it up, but fix his fukk up. It's the 11th hour and NOW he wants to fix it? And they are accusing Republicans of playing politics. Maybe they are, but the Democrats did it first.
I called this 3 years ago when everything that Biden touched went to hell. I predicted it was almost intentional that things would get so bad, that there was only one way to go, which was up. Now, Biden is trying to unfu*k some of the things he's messed up over the last 3 years to show "progress" and improvement. The timing is odd.....

Plus, we'll be entering in to war with Iran pretty soon. Hopefully that $100B that Biden gave them doesn't come back to hurt us.

My point was that the repubs are and have been for many years the biggest mouth piece for fixing the border. Then when they had control of all 3 houses of the government, they did absolutely nothing. It took Pelosi and the House dems to allocate money Chump got for the portion of the wall that they did build.

Now, Biden and Congress got a bi-partisan bill on the table fixin' to go through and now Chump is telling the repub leadership to not pass it now so that the border issue will remain a talking point throughout the candidacy. Unbelievable. And y'all want this fool back in office.
Figures leaked are for 5000 migrants allowed in per day along with massive amount of money for the Ukraine. That sounds like a good idea to not pass this bill. Need the border shut down totally for awhile to clean up this mess.

Reactions: Boiler Buck

The Rs never controlled the Senate. They may have had a majority but Senate rules basically force you to be able to get the vote through the floor and past cloture. The Dems had this and decided Obama Care was the priority. Not immigration. It cost them Senate seats in Nebraska, Louisiana, and IIRC Missouri because of the lies about the bill. “If you like your doctor you’ll keep your doctor” and “you’ll save money.” I get that you all get these talking points and repeat them but simply watching old School House Rock videos would teach a lot about government.

And as SCOTUS ruling last week should have made people realize the Executive Branch has great latitude in immigration matters. Fact. You can stop entry tomorrow with the stroke of a pen with authority granted within 19 USC. The Congress granted the President this ability. You don’t need need new laws. Nor any new funding.

The Rs never controlled the Senate. They may have had a majority but Senate rules basically force you to be able to get the vote through the floor and past cloture. The Dems had this and decided Obama Care was the priority. Not immigration. It cost them Senate seats in Nebraska, Louisiana, and IIRC Missouri because of the lies about the bill. “If you like your doctor you’ll keep your doctor” and “you’ll save money.” I get that you all get these talking points and repeat them but simply watching old School House Rock videos would teach a lot about government.

And as SCOTUS ruling last week should have made people realize the Executive Branch has great latitude in immigration matters. Fact. You can stop entry tomorrow with the stroke of a pen with authority granted within 19 USC. The Congress granted the President this ability. You don’t need need new laws. Nor any new funding.
Dude, if you are talking about executive orders, have been, and will be overturned by the next president. That is why congress has to act passed the immigration laws.

Dude, if you are talking about executive orders, have been, and will be overturned by the next president. That is why congress has to act passed the immigration laws.
Congress did pass immigration laws and those laws allow the President to control immigration and asylum protocols. By Statute the Congress has granted the authority under 19 USC 1318 power order the Customs and Treasury to forbid entry with nothing but a 72 hour notice. And if you want legislation there absolutely no reason it has to be tied to Ukraine funding and aid to Gaza.

Listened to well known Chicago community activist Ja’mal Green today. Seems like some unhappy people in the south and west side of Chicago. You better get this fixed. Especially when they shut down debate on revoking sanctuary city status. Stopping people from voicing their opinions at public hearings and voting to me sounds like a threat to democracy. Thank god nobody went as far as pulling a fire alarm ( just pushing an old lady).

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Just so you understand.
There are immigration laws in place.
Biden refuses to enforce the law.
Nothing else is needed for Joe to stop the flow of illegal immigrants.

Hard to understand these democrats. Our country is being invaded and they are more concerned about giving additional money for the invasion in the Ukraine.
Lol. What a maroon. Again towing the company line. You just called unarmed illegals crossing the border an invasion……..and that’s the same as one country invading a sovereign nation……and indiscriminately shelling innocent men, women and children. Taking and holding territory, subjecting Ukrainian women to rape. Forced deportation of children. Real war with tanks and artillery and bombs.

PLEASE make yourself look like a MAGA tool and tell me how they both are an invasion.

11th hour? 4 years? The calendar says February 1.

So I understand your position. Biden created this mess. Republicans and democrats in the senate have been negotiating for months, both sides are compromising to solve a problem that MAGA has declared as the number one issue in our country. Railing about it every day.

Senators on both sides are saying this is the best deal we are gonna get.

But we shouldn’t try to solve the problem……..because Biden made the mess. So you’re saying you don’t want to try to fix the border problems, despite all the right’s call for Biden to do so?

So I understand your position. Biden created this mess. Republicans and democrats in the senate have been negotiating for months, both sides are compromising to solve a problem that MAGA has declared as the number one issue in our country. Railing about it every day.

But we shouldn’t try to solve the problem……..because Biden made the mess. So you’re saying you don’t want to try to fix the border problems, despite all the right’s call for Biden to do so?
There is really an easy solution.
ENFORCE the LAWS ALREADY in PLACE!

A presidential term is 4 years is it not? I didn't insinuate that those 4 years are already up. Try reading comprehension.
What's your point about using the word MAGA here? ALL rational Americans thinks that the boarder issue is the #1 problem right now.

We have plenty of laws on the books already to solve this problem. The Biden administration just have to enforce them. Again, if Biden didn't undue everything Trump had done in regards to the boarder, we wouldn't be in this situation right now.

Lol. What a maroon. Again towing the company line. You just called unarmed illegals crossing the border an invasion……..and that’s the same as one country invading a sovereign nation……and indiscriminately shelling innocent men, women and children. Taking and holding territory, subjecting Ukrainian women to rape. Forced deportation of children. Real war with tanks and artillery and bombs.

PLEASE make yourself look like a MAGA tool and tell me how they both are an invasion.
And you call unarmed citizens on January 6th at the capitol an insurrection. What a maroon.

I called this 3 years ago when everything that Biden touched went to hell. I predicted it was almost intentional that things would get so bad, that there was only one way to go, which was up. Now, Biden is trying to unfu*k some of the things he's messed up over the last 3 years to show "progress" and improvement. The timing is odd.....

Plus, we'll be entering in to war with Iran pretty soon. Hopefully that $100B that Biden gave them doesn't come back to hurt us.
Never was the time in my mind that the border and other problems were NOT intentional. Biden does not care to unfu*k things as you suggest, but an election is coming up and the there exists more problems to create. None of this is accidental. It has always been desired and goes deeper than what we easily see today. The border has some very long problematic issues down the road as well as cleaning up any woke hires instead of merit hires that need fixed.

And you call unarmed citizens on January 6th at the capitol an insurrection. What a maroon.
FOR STARTERS - LET ME KNOW IF WOULD WOULD LIKE MORE:

Federal prosecutors say that Christopher Michael Alberts of Maryland was arrested on Capitol grounds on the evening of Jan. 6 while carrying a Taurus G2c 9 mm handgun with one round in the chamber and a full 12-round magazine. He also allegedly had an extra magazine in his pocket and was carrying a gas mask, pocket knife and first-aid kit.

Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Alabama was also arrested that evening after law enforcement found two firearms on his person, as well as what a federal judge referred to as a "small armory" in his truck, which was parked near the Capitol. According to the court, the government found "a loaded handgun," "a loaded rifle," "a loaded shotgun," "a crossbow with bolts," "several machetes," "a stun gun" and "11 mason jars containing a flammable liquid, with a hole punched in the top of each jar." According to the government, surveillance footage showed him "in attendance at the events at the Capitol," though he has not been charged with breaching the building.

Cleveland Grover Meredith of North Carolina planned to arrive in D.C. for the Trump rallies on Jan. 6, according to federal prosecutors, but he was delayed because of car trouble. He was arrested the following day for allegedly assaulting a man in Washington, D.C., in a traffic-related incident and for making death threats against the D.C. mayor and Pelosi.

During a search, law enforcement said they found in his possession "a Glock 19, nine millimeter pistol, a Tavor X95 assault rifle and approximately hundreds of rounds of ammunition." Citing text messages sent by Meredith, a federal prosecutor argued in court that he "relished in the carnage of January 6th."

The government's case against members of the far-right, anti-government militia known as the Oath Keepers alleges that the group discussed planning a "Quick Reaction Team" with weapons just outside Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6. One such defendant, Thomas Caldwell, allegedly wrote in a text message on Jan. 3, "we could have our Quick Response Team with the heavy weapons standing by, quickly load them and ferry them across the river to our waiting arms." Caldwell's attorney, meanwhile, has argued that references to such a team demonstrate that the group was purposely adhering to D.C.'s strict gun laws. Caldwell's attorney also argued that the messages were not about storming the Capitol, stating that the team was "nothing but a contingency plan hatched up by retired military guys strategizing in the event that Antifa launched a coordinated attack against rally-goers." (There is no evidence antifa played any role in the events of Jan. 6.)

Prosecutors believe other defendants in the Capitol riot possessed guns on Jan. 6, though those rioters were not arrested and searched for weapons that day.

For example, Guy Wesley Reffitt allegedly "led a group of rioters up the Capitol steps" and "confronted law enforcement" but retreated after being pepper-sprayed. Reffitt was wearing tactical gear and "carrying his pistol" during the riot, according to the government, and also brought plastic flex cuffs.

Federal prosecutors say Reffitt is a member of the Texas Three Percenters, a far-right militia group. Reffitt's son told federal investigators that when Reffitt returned home from Washington, D.C., he brought an "AR-15 rifle and a Smith & Wesson pistol" in the house along with his other things. Reffitt was arrested on Jan. 18.

Samuel Fisher allegedly posted photos of himself, along with a rifle and handgun, in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 6. He posted on Facebook early that day that he was leaving things in a parking garage, "maybe except pistol," and added, "if it kicks off I got a Vest and My Rifle." Fisher was arrested on Jan. 20 and is facing charges of entering and remaining in a restricted building, as well as disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, but not weapons charges.

Nolan Cooke, another Capitol riot defendant, allegedly told FBI agents that he "brought one or more firearms" to Washington, D.C., but he claimed he did not bring the weapons to the Capitol itself. He was arrested on Jan. 21.

Two men — Julian Khater and George Tanios — allegedly conspired to injure police officers defending the Capitol and used an unidentified chemical spray on three officers, including Sicknick. Prosecutors say Khater said on video "give me that bear s***" at one point, suggesting the chemical was bear spray.

"All three officers were incapacitated and unable to perform their duties for at least 20 minutes or longer while they recovered from the spray," federal prosecutors say. Two officers told investigators that the spray was "as strong as, if not stronger than, any version of pepper spray they had been exposed to during their training as law enforcement officers."

Sicknick died on Jan. 7, but officials have not yet made public details about the exact cause of his death.

Khater and Tanios were not the only suspects who, prosecutors say, used pepper spray on Jan. 6. At least five other individuals charged with crimes around the Capitol riots were found to have possessed some sort of irritant spray.

Self-declared Oath Keepers member Jon Ryan Schaffer, for example, allegedly sprayed Capitol Police with bear spray as he and others tried to press forward into the Capitol building. Robert Gieswein was armed with a baseball bat and an "irritant spray" and allegedly used both against police officers who had been assigned to protect the Capitol. He was charged with "assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers using a dangerous weapon."

Matthew Miller is accused of discharging a fire extinguisher on the steps leading to an entrance to the Capitol building. And Robert Sanford allegedly struck three U.S. Capitol police officers in the head with a fire extinguisher.

Federal prosecutors accuse Jeffrey McKellop of assaulting police officers with a deadly or dangerous weapon on Jan. 6. An FBI affidavit cites police body camera footage that allegedly shows McKellop wearing a gas mask and tactical gear and attacking police with a flagpole. At one point, prosecutors say, he threw a flagpole like a "spear" and lacerated an officer's face.

A video cited in federal court records allegedly shows Peter Stager striking a police officer repeatedly with a flagpole while the officer lays facedown on the steps of the Capitol building. Court documents allege Thomas Webster attacked an officer by lunging toward him and striking him with a flagpole numerous times.

Chad Barrett Jones allegedly used a "long, wood flagpole" to strike out a door's glass panel near the Speaker's Lobby as the mob shouted, "Break it down!" and "Let's f***ing go!" Soon after, rioter Ashli Babbitt tried to climb through one of the doors' broken windows and was shot and killed.

New Yorker reporter Luke Mogelson followed rioters into the Capitol on Jan. 6 and told WHYY's Fresh Air that bringing flags seemed to be a concerted tactic. The flagpoles were unlikely to be confiscated by police earlier in the day but could still be used as weapons. That observation appears to be borne out in the court documents.

Federal prosecutors allege that Dana Winn stated on video that he brought flagpoles to the Capitol to "hit antifa in the head if need be."

William Chrestman, whom prosecutors identified as a member of the Proud Boys extremist group, also allegedly carried "a long wooden stick, which was initially wrapped in a blue flag, that the government believes to be an axe handle." In a court opinion regarding Chrestman, federal judge Beryl Howell stated, "a defendant's carrying or use during the riot of a dangerous weapon, whether a firearm, a large pipe, a wooden club, an axe handle, or other offensive-use implement, indicates at least some degree of preparation for the attack and an expectation that the need to engage in violence against law enforcement or, indeed, the Legislative branch, might arise."

Like arresting business owners that hire illegals, perhaps?
Business owners wouldn't hire them if they weren't here?
How hard is this for you guys to understand we are not talking legal immigrants, we are talking illegal aliens.
And yes, why isn't ICE finding these illegals and deporting them?
If they find them and they are working than fine the businesses that didn't do the proper research. Good luck with that with old Joe at the helm.

IN CASE YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MORE:

Scores of police officers reported being attacked that day with chemical spray, stun guns, flagpoles and clubs. A Florida man who hurled a fire extinguisher, a plank and a long pole at officers was sentenced to more than five years in prison in December, the longest sentence of any defendant so far.

Last month, Mark Andrew Mazza, 57, of Shelbyville, Ind., pleaded guilty to assaulting an officer with a baton and carrying a pistol without a license. Mazza told authorities that he lost his .45-caliber Taurus revolver loaded with shotgun shells and hollow-point bullets on the Capitol grounds during the mob fighting before entering the Capitol building. He later filed a false police report saying the gun had been stolen in Ohio, court records state.

Mark Ibrahim of Orange County, Calif., then a Drug Enforcement Administration agent, posed for photos with his DEA badge and a pistol inside his waistband on the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6, prosecutors have said. Photos seem to show Ibrahim circling the Capitol grounds, and then climbing onto the Peace Monument at First Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, where he recorded a video of himself delivering a monologue, court records state. He has pleaded not guilty to two counts of possessing a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds. Ibrahim told investigators he did not recall intentionally exposing his weapon, according to court filings. His attorney declined to comment.

Also, Maryland tow truck driver Christopher Alberts was arrested outside the Capitol Visitor Center on Jan. 6 after a D.C. police officer spotted him with a loaded 9mm handgun on his hip as people were leaving the grounds that night, court records show. Alberts also wore a bulletproof vest, carried a backpack and had a full spare magazine of bullets, prosecutors said. He was later indicted on multiple counts of entering restricted grounds and assaulting law enforcement officers, and has pleaded not guilty. Alberts’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Three men who identified themselves as Trump supporters but did not enter the Capitol on Jan. 6 also were arrested and convicted of gun charges. Lonnie Leroy Coffman, 70, of Falkville, Ala., marched around the Capitol that morning and then wandered away before the riot. But his unoccupied truck attracted police attention because it was on First Street SE, in the area where pipe bombs had been found outside the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties. While U.S. Capitol Police officers were sweeping the area, they spotted a handgun on the passenger seat of Coffman’s red GMC Sierra 1500.

The police said they searched Coffman’s truck and found 11 Mason jars filled with gasoline and Styrofoam, allegedly to create a napalm-type effect for a Molotov cocktail. In addition to the gasoline-filled Mason jars, which had holes in the lids, with rags and lighters nearby, investigators reported finding a 9mm handgun, a rifle, a shotgun, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, large-capacity ammunition-feeding devices, a crossbow with bolts, machetes and camouflage smoke devices. Coffman also was carrying two handguns when he was arrested, authorities said. All the guns were loaded.

An evidence photograph of 11 Mason jars containing gasoline and Styrofoam for Molotov cocktails to cause a “napalm-like effect” when detonated, were found during the arrest of Lonnie Leroy Coffman on Jan. 6, 2021, in Washington. Coffman pleaded guilty to possession of unregistered weapons and was sentenced to 46 months in prison, the third-longest term issued to a Jan. 6 defendant so far.

“I don’t think I’ve seen, in all my years as a judge, quite such a collection of weapons,” U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said. She began serving as a D.C. Superior Court judge in 1984 and moved to the federal bench in 1997.

Cleveland G. Meredith Jr., a devoted follower of the radical QAnon ideology, drove toward the nation’s capital from Colorado on Jan. 6 with a rifle, a 9mm handgun, 2,500 rounds of ammunition and high-capacity magazines. In one text message, he told his family he was “gonna collect a … ton of Traitors heads.” But his truck broke down and he didn’t arrive until after the riot had ended. The next day, Meredith texted his family that he was considering “putting a bullet in her [Nancy Pelosi’s] noggin on live TV.” His family called the FBI. Meredith was arrested, pleaded guilty to one count of making felony threats and was sentenced to 28 months in prison.

Cleveland G. Meredith Jr. was in possession of a rifle, a handgun, several high-capacity magazines and approximately 2,500 rounds of ammunition at the time of his arrest on Jan. 7, prosecutors say.

One Trump supporter was charged in D.C. Superior Court with illegal gun possession. About 6:20 p.m. on Jan. 6, a D.C. police officer was sent to check out a report of a suspicious man in a white van parked on Maryland Avenue, about a block northeast of the Capitol. Grant McHoyt Moore, 65, of Georgia, was inside the van and, according to a police arrest affidavit, “pointed to a red MAGA hat on the dash and said, ‘I’m one of those.’”

Moore told the officer he had a handgun in a backpack on his passenger seat, for which he had a license in Georgia but not the District, the affidavit states. The officer found a loaded Ruger .380 handgun with three extra loaded magazines. Moore was charged in D.C. Superior Court with possession of an unlicensed firearm and unregistered ammunition, and pleaded guilty with a “deferred disposition,” meaning the charge will be dismissed if the defendant remains trouble-free for six months. Moore did so, and the case was dismissed.

Samuel Fisher, 33, of New York City, posted at least one photograph on Facebook of himself at the Capitol on Jan. 6, followed by a photo of himself holding a handgun in front of a flag with a message that read, “Don’t Tread on Trump, Keep America Great,” court records show. On the morning of the riot, Fisher wrote on Facebook, “I got a Vest and My Rifle.” The FBI said agents searched his apartment on New York’s Upper East Side several days after the riot and discovered several weapons, including a modified AR-15 rifle, a ghost gun pistol, a loaded shotgun, and 13 loaded high-capacity magazines. He pleaded guilty in New York to one count of criminal possession of a weapon and was sentenced to 3½ years in prison.

Scores of police officers reported being attacked that day with chemical spray, stun guns, flagpoles and clubs. A Florida man who hurled a fire extinguisher, a plank and a long pole at officers was sentenced to more than five years in prison in December, the longest sentence of any defendant so far.

Last month, Mark Andrew Mazza, 57, of Shelbyville, Ind., pleaded guilty to assaulting an officer with a baton and carrying a pistol without a license. Mazza told authorities that he lost his .45-caliber Taurus revolver loaded with shotgun shells and hollow-point bullets on the Capitol grounds during the mob fighting before entering the Capitol building. He later filed a false police report saying the gun had been stolen in Ohio, court records state.

Mark Ibrahim of Orange County, Calif., then a Drug Enforcement Administration agent, posed for photos with his DEA badge and a pistol inside his waistband on the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6, prosecutors have said. Photos seem to show Ibrahim circling the Capitol grounds, and then climbing onto the Peace Monument at First Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, where he recorded a video of himself delivering a monologue, court records state. He has pleaded not guilty to two counts of possessing a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds. Ibrahim told investigators he did not recall intentionally exposing his weapon, according to court filings. His attorney declined to comment.

Also, Maryland tow truck driver Christopher Alberts was arrested outside the Capitol Visitor Center on Jan. 6 after a D.C. police officer spotted him with a loaded 9mm handgun on his hip as people were leaving the grounds that night, court records show. Alberts also wore a bulletproof vest, carried a backpack and had a full spare magazine of bullets, prosecutors said. He was later indicted on multiple counts of entering restricted grounds and assaulting law enforcement officers, and has pleaded not guilty. Alberts’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Three men who identified themselves as Trump supporters but did not enter the Capitol on Jan. 6 also were arrested and convicted of gun charges. Lonnie Leroy Coffman, 70, of Falkville, Ala., marched around the Capitol that morning and then wandered away before the riot. But his unoccupied truck attracted police attention because it was on First Street SE, in the area where pipe bombs had been found outside the headquarters of the Democratic and Republican parties. While U.S. Capitol Police officers were sweeping the area, they spotted a handgun on the passenger seat of Coffman’s red GMC Sierra 1500.

The police said they searched Coffman’s truck and found 11 Mason jars filled with gasoline and Styrofoam, allegedly to create a napalm-type effect for a Molotov cocktail. In addition to the gasoline-filled Mason jars, which had holes in the lids, with rags and lighters nearby, investigators reported finding a 9mm handgun, a rifle, a shotgun, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, large-capacity ammunition-feeding devices, a crossbow with bolts, machetes and camouflage smoke devices. Coffman also was carrying two handguns when he was arrested, authorities said. All the guns were loaded.

An evidence photograph of 11 Mason jars containing gasoline and Styrofoam for Molotov cocktails to cause a “napalm-like effect” when detonated, were found during the arrest of Lonnie Leroy Coffman on Jan. 6, 2021, in Washington. Coffman pleaded guilty to possession of unregistered weapons and was sentenced to 46 months in prison, the third-longest term issued to a Jan. 6 defendant so far.

“I don’t think I’ve seen, in all my years as a judge, quite such a collection of weapons,” U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly said. She began serving as a D.C. Superior Court judge in 1984 and moved to the federal bench in 1997.

Cleveland G. Meredith Jr., a devoted follower of the radical QAnon ideology, drove toward the nation’s capital from Colorado on Jan. 6 with a rifle, a 9mm handgun, 2,500 rounds of ammunition and high-capacity magazines. In one text message, he told his family he was “gonna collect a … ton of Traitors heads.” But his truck broke down and he didn’t arrive until after the riot had ended. The next day, Meredith texted his family that he was considering “putting a bullet in her [Nancy Pelosi’s] noggin on live TV.” His family called the FBI. Meredith was arrested, pleaded guilty to one count of making felony threats and was sentenced to 28 months in prison.

Cleveland G. Meredith Jr. was in possession of a rifle, a handgun, several high-capacity magazines and approximately 2,500 rounds of ammunition at the time of his arrest on Jan. 7, prosecutors say.

One Trump supporter was charged in D.C. Superior Court with illegal gun possession. About 6:20 p.m. on Jan. 6, a D.C. police officer was sent to check out a report of a suspicious man in a white van parked on Maryland Avenue, about a block northeast of the Capitol. Grant McHoyt Moore, 65, of Georgia, was inside the van and, according to a police arrest affidavit, “pointed to a red MAGA hat on the dash and said, ‘I’m one of those.’”

Moore told the officer he had a handgun in a backpack on his passenger seat, for which he had a license in Georgia but not the District, the affidavit states. The officer found a loaded Ruger .380 handgun with three extra loaded magazines. Moore was charged in D.C. Superior Court with possession of an unlicensed firearm and unregistered ammunition, and pleaded guilty with a “deferred disposition,” meaning the charge will be dismissed if the defendant remains trouble-free for six months. Moore did so, and the case was dismissed.

Samuel Fisher, 33, of New York City, posted at least one photograph on Facebook of himself at the Capitol on Jan. 6, followed by a photo of himself holding a handgun in front of a flag with a message that read, “Don’t Tread on Trump, Keep America Great,” court records show. On the morning of the riot, Fisher wrote on Facebook, “I got a Vest and My Rifle.” The FBI said agents searched his apartment on New York’s Upper East Side several days after the riot and discovered several weapons, including a modified AR-15 rifle, a ghost gun pistol, a loaded shotgun, and 13 loaded high-capacity magazines. He pleaded guilty in New York to one count of criminal possession of a weapon and was sentenced to 3½ years in prison.
Just stop! You are not going to change my mind on this issue. It was wrong, but not an insurrection. You and others have lapped up the media bs because of the hatred for Trump. There has been way worse things that’s happened than Jan 6th and the media and their followers just ignore it as acceptable. Just get Trump at any cost.

Just stop! You are not going to change my mind on this issue. It was wrong, but not an insurrection. You and others have lapped up the media bs because of the hatred for Trump. There has been way worse things that’s happened than Jan 6th and the media and their followers just ignore it as acceptable. Just get Trump at any cost.
You're the one who claimed that people "call unarmed citizens on January 6th at the capitol an insurrection"

Were some unarmed? Of course - yes. But many others? Bringing weapons including firearms, and assaulting officers with everything from fire extinguishers to flagpoles to bear spray is sure as hell armed.

For the people where there's only evidence that they were inside the Capitol but did not do more than that? They were charged with misdemeanor trespassing. The seditious conspiracy convictions were real too - that was the Oath Keeper and Proud Boys leaders. I also think it is more than safe to say that many were armed, but there was no evidence to charge them as armed felons.

"Not going to change (your) mind)." Why the heck not? I strongly suspect you are a good guy who is willing to change his mind when the facts are irrefutable. The J6 facts about people being armed and violent are irrefutable, aren't they?

Last edited:
You're the one who claimed that people "call unarmed citizens on January 6th at the capitol an insurrection"

Were some unarmed? Of course - yes. But many others? Bringing weapons including firearms, and assaulting officers with everything from fire extinguishers to flagpoles to bear spray is sure as hell armed.

For the people where there's only evidence that they were inside the Capitol but did not do more than that? They were charged with misdemeanor trespassing. The seditious conspiracy convictions were real too - that was the Oath Keeper and Proud Boys leaders. I also think it is more than safe to say that many were armed, but there was no evidence to charge them as armed felons.

"Not going to change (your) mind)." Why the heck not? I strongly suspect you are a good guy who is willing to change his mind when the facts are irrefutable. The J6 facts about people being armed and violent are irrefutable, aren't they?
I’ve been clear on never calling it an insurrection. Most all were unarmed. A few had flag poles, bear spray, and spit wads. They went home after 5-6 hours never to return. Hardly a government takeover or anything else the media has portrayed. The BLM protests were way worse as it was sustained for some time. I’m not going to be able to change your mind either. So with that said have a good one.

I’ll ask you again. Which one of us has been to the border in a federal capacity? I actually have been to both. Have a personal relationship with a woman whose daughter got busted smuggling on the Canadian border. I have stood on Tribal land on the edge of a border dispute with the Canadian government. Now give me your professional experience.

Unarmed crossers? Yeah tell that to the CBP agents getting shot at by militarized cartel member. And somehow a lot obtain weapons in the US to commit crimes.

You concerned about rapes and murders? You don’t think any of these illegal migrants have rapped or killed? Does their death mean less because the killer didn’t wear a uniform? I also know 7 just brutally beat 2 NYC cops and walked out thanks to your bail laws. And we get to pay for their shelter, food, medical care, etc. Great system.

And yeah your side cares. 150 Dem reps just voted AGAINST a bill requiring deportation of an illegal committing a DUI. Anybody ever die cuz of a drunk driver?

Last edited:

Within the first month in office he signed over 60 executive orders undoing Trump era immigration policy. Reverse those orders and you fix the problem.

But it’s good that he finally found the southern border. Just like he found East Palestine.

I appreciate your concern for law enforcement. I really do. It’s just that I know it’s situational. My sources say nobody involved in this event I link below served a single day in prison. And the people who organized this were actually applauded by several Chicago and Illinois Democratic elected officials after it happened (but before they knew the drone footage was available). Now if you want to see what an organized insurrection looks like the police official will walk you through it. CPS finally got smart to show what these groups are. Question is, how come the FBI didn’t allocate the resources to easily locate the perpetrators and more importantly who funded them? How come the progressive DA didn’t prosecute anyone? This is mass physical criminal assault on the police? And never a minute on MSNBC.

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
I appreciate your concern for law enforcement. I really do. It’s just that I know it’s situational. My sources say nobody involved in this event I link below served a single day in prison. And the people who organized this were actually applauded by several Chicago and Illinois Democratic elected officials after it happened (but before they knew the drone footage was available). Now if you want to see what an organized insurrection looks like the police official will walk you through it. CPS finally got smart to show what these groups are. Question is, how come the FBI didn’t allocate the resources to easily locate the perpetrators and more importantly who funded them? How come the progressive DA didn’t prosecute anyone? This is mass physical criminal assault on the police? And never a minute on MSNBC.

My post was not selective outrage—I was responding to a post that incorrectly stated that the J6 attackers were unarmed. That is simply not true.

Violent criminals should be prosecuted wherever they act, and in the appropriate jurisdiction. Why didn’t the DA prosecute in the case you cite? I can only speculate—likely a terrible, misguided DA (and that’s entirely possible) that should be voted out of office IMMEDIATELY. Could be a host of other things (but that’s less likely). Could be lots of prosecutions still to come. Hope so.

Why didn’t the FBI assist? Well stated- the Chicago stuff does not appear to be federal jurisdiction, so assist is the best they could do. How do we know they didn’t? And how do we know their assistance was requested? The CPD already has access to any video in the area and federal systems ((NCIC, CJIS, etc) and has tons of FBI task force participation.

Last edited:
My post was not selective outrage—I was responding to a post that incorrectly stated that the J6 attackers were unarmed. That is simply not true.

Violent criminals should be prosecuted wherever they act, and in the appropriate jurisdiction. Why didn’t the DA prosecute in the case you cite? I can only speculate—likely a terrible, misguided DA (and that’s entirely possible) that should be voted out of office IMMEDIATELY. Could be a host of other things (but that’s less likely). Could be lots of prosecutions still to come. Hope so.

Why didn’t the FBI assist? Well stated- the Chicago stuff does not appear to be federal jurisdiction, so assist is the best they could do. How do we know they didn’t? And how do we know their assistance was requested? The CPD already has access to any video in the area and federal systems ((NCIC, CJIS, etc) and has tons of FBI task force participation.
I agree. Equal protection and prosecution under the law. And my comment was in general. I see you post a lot about J6. But I can't remember you calling out any violence on the left.

I agree. Equal protection and prosecution under the law. And my comment was in general. I see you post a lot about J6. But I can't remember you calling out any violence on the left.
Because the Trump apologists drive me nuts and will never concede defense of the rule of law when Trump is involved.

Just ask me how I feel about high integrity law enforcement and military—they are our American heroes.

• Haha
Because the Trump apologists drive me nuts and will never concede defense of the rule of law when Trump is involved.

Just ask me how I feel about high integrity law enforcement and military—they are our American heroes.
I have been pretty vocal about Trump not being my preferred candidate. Especially his mismanagement of Covid (I.e. Fauci) But I also understand why he is popular. When you can’t afford food and gas. When you see 10 million people illegally enter the country and they get put up in hotels nicer than you can ever afford and get free food, phones, medical care. When they can beat up your cops and flip off cameras and laugh at America. And when you see the world in turmoil you just don’t give a crap about J6. You actually start to wonder why all these people keep going after him in all these trials and yet people can smash and grab the store in my neighborhood and nothing happens. Or my neighbor got carjacked and the kids are back on the street. People want to know how you are gonna make my life better. Not tell them we are taking away your gas stove and your dishwasher (trust us it’s for the best). And for 99% of non-TDS people they would go back to February 2019 in a heart beat. Life was good then. You really can’t argue that.

I have been pretty vocal about Trump not being my preferred candidate. Especially his mismanagement of Covid (I.e. Fauci) But I also understand why he is popular. When you can’t afford food and gas. When you see 10 million people illegally enter the country and they get put up in hotels nicer than you can ever afford and get free food, phones, medical care. When they can beat up your cops and flip off cameras and laugh at America. And when you see the world in turmoil you just don’t give a crap about J6. You actually start to wonder why all these people keep going after him in all these trials and yet people can smash and grab the store in my neighborhood and nothing happens. Or my neighbor got carjacked and the kids are back on the street. People want to know how you are gonna make my life better. Not tell them we are taking away your gas stove and your dishwasher (trust us it’s for the best). And for 99% of non-TDS people they would go back to February 2019 in a heart beat. Life was good then. You really can’t argue that.
Now you’re talking political points of emphasis, and crime and immigration are Trump’s. His best one should be Biden’s age but he can’t really use that.

But people can afford food and $2.95 gas. In fact , Trump switched political themes this week from “the economy sucks” to “the economy is great because of me four years ago.” Tricky to say the economy was bad last year because of Biden but now it’s excellent because of Trump four years ago.

Biden has the economy and Trump’s complete lack of leadership qualities as his points of emphasis.

It’ll be difficult for Trump to get votes against an excellent economy.

Last edited:

The vast vast VAST majority were unarmed. Just because a handful were dumb enough to be doesn't make it an insurrection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT