ADVERTISEMENT

Racist comments = Republicans disappear

I agree that we are at a crossroads, the world is changing rapidly in so many areas and it is sad to see Republicans willing to allow this con-artist in the WH to focus and herd them down these useless divisive paths.

It's common now to read/hear that the GOP isn't the party of Reagan and/or Lincoln anymore, and it's true, but Republicans today aren't the same as those during Nixon's years. I was young and politics wasn't on my radar but I recall similar statements about Nixon at the time and later that Trumpers use today, basically "I don't care much for the man, but I like his policies." I thought when Trump was elected he wouldn't make it through his first term, I thought he would quit amid a scandal, and similar to Nixon, only because Republicans had had enough and pulled their support. I was wrong, Republicans have changed.
well it's still nancy and mitch running the shows in the houses. so what exactly did you think would happen? trump hasn't been charged with anything but fake news and the impeachment vote failed miserably so why would they pull support? everyone is wise to the games the liberal media is playing...no collusion was egg in the face of the MSM. The dems aren't jfk and the pubs aren't reagan...and poor lincoln, doubt he would even try to run today. can you imagine? trump would be like "look at ole tall nuts over here who can't afford a razor."

I understand that some Muslims are bigots against Israel, homosexuals, etc. etc. Bigotry of one form does not excuse bigotry of another. The President of the United States is held to a higher standard than ISIS, AQ, the Iranian regimes and proxies, among other bigoted organizations. In fact, the President condemns those organizations while allowing similar xenophobic bigotry to exist in his presence, even practicing it himself. That is inexcusable.
I'm not excusing trump. I'm demonstrating hypocrisy. This is important. You can't excoriate trump and hand wave someone who describes an entire country as evil. That is the words of the ayatollah. i know that you know this.

I'm not excusing trump. I'm demonstrating hypocrisy. This is important. You can't excoriate trump and hand wave someone who describes an entire country as evil. That is the words of the ayatollah. i know that you know this.
Who is excusing the words of the Ayatollah, though? This is directly in line with your assumption that I'm somehow OK with race/ethnicity questions on employment applications. I can excoriate Trump because what he says is something I would expect from the Ayatollah.

Reactions: miksta
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.” - Mahatma Ghandi

I realize Ghandi had brown skin, so the likely response to this would be "What is he doing to fix his country?"
well i gotta say Ghandi and I would not have seen eye to eye. I'm more of a "will to power" philosophically. And even your boy had trouble with muslim leadership, now that you brought him up...

well i gotta say Ghandi and I would not have seen eye to eye. I'm more of a "will to power" philosophically. And even your boy had trouble with muslim leadership, now that you brought him up...
*I* have problem with some Muslim leadership. Why do you continue to assert otherwise? You don't have reasonable arguments here to defend Trump, so you're literally making things up and decrying "hypocrisy" that doesn't exist.

Who is excusing the words of the Ayatollah, though? This is directly in line with your assumption that I'm somehow OK with race/ethnicity questions on employment applications. I can excoriate Trump because what he says is something I would expect from the Ayatollah.
certainly you can and should. but you can't then tolerate it in Omar because she's brown or on "your side".

I'm not excusing trump. I'm demonstrating hypocrisy. This is important.

we can call out hypocrisy of Rs too right.
when obama was claimed as "race-baiter-in-chief", his every word important, his rhetoric tearing apart the country.

but now the R presidents words are of less significance, subject to less scrutiny. an ever changing argument of: hyperbole, guy talk, tough talk, he said the words but its not what he meant, etc etc.

*I* have problem with some Muslim leadership. Why do you continue to assert otherwise? You don't have reasonable arguments here to defend Trump, so you're literally making things up and decrying "hypocrisy" that doesn't exist.
i'm not defending him, for the last time. i dont care for his tweets or rallies. the hypocrisy absolutely exists. to say it doesn't is very interesting.

certainly you can and should. but you can't then tolerate it in Omar because she's brown or on "your side".
So in your defense of Trump, you are making the assumption that Omar hates Israel because she is Muslim? Do you have any evidence that that individual Muslim, in fact, hates Israel? Or are you, you know... making things up based on bigoted assumptions again?

I judge Trump by his words and deeds.
I judge Omar by her words and deeds.

I've only seen one of them who I consider to have made bigoted statements. If I'm wrong, please point that out, again specifically to Omar. This seems to drive at the very heart of this "hypocrisy" you're claiming. So, provide direct, individual evidence or I'll just move forward understanding that you are simply applying a broad stereotype to all members of a specific religion. Which, ya know....

well it's still nancy and mitch running the shows in the houses. so what exactly did you think would happen? trump hasn't been charged with anything but fake news and the impeachment vote failed miserably so why would they pull support? everyone is wise to the games the liberal media is playing...no collusion was egg in the face of the MSM. The dems aren't jfk and the pubs aren't reagan...and poor lincoln, doubt he would even try to run today. can you imagine? trump would be like "look at ole tall nuts over here who can't afford a razor."
I'll reread my post but I'm not sure I mentioned impeachment anywhere, you see that wasn't a thing in Nov. '18, but Trump was scum then and I trusted that everyday Americans who are Republican still had values, morals, ethics... and could be offended, shocked, revolted. I freely admit I was wrong, and see that they apparently agree with the majority leader that Trump is on to something in attacking these woman.

So in your defense of Trump, you are making the assumption that Omar hates Israel because she is Muslim? Do you have any evidence that that individual Muslim, in fact, hates Israel? Or are you, you know... making things up based on bigoted assumptions again?

I judge Trump by his words and deeds.
I judge Omar by her words and deeds.

I've only seen one of them who I consider to have made bigoted statements. If I'm wrong, please point that out, again specifically to Omar.
it's already quoted here...donnie, the world does not start and stop at your convenience...lol

"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."
Oh you mean the tweet from 2012 - prior to her election to any office whatsoever - which she then deleted, called "unfortunate and offensive" and "unequivocally apologized" for.

Maybe if Trump - the duly elected President of the United States and leader of the free world - would apologize for the statements he made a week ago, I would understand. Instead, he's doubled down and is implicitly supporting the "Send her back" idiocy.

Do better.

"Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."
At the risk of being repetitive -
I actually get the feeling, and yes it's a feeling, that she is far more an "anti-Israeli-ist" than "anti-semite" while the inverse would be more likely for white nationalists. A subtle but, to me, clear difference.

Reactions: kescwi
Oh you mean the tweet from 2012 - prior to her election to any office whatsoever - which she then deleted, called "unfortunate and offensive" and "unequivocally apologized" for.

Maybe if Trump - the duly elected President of the United States and leader of the free world - would apologize for the statements he made a week ago, I would understand. Instead, he's doubled down and is implicitly supporting the "Send her back" idiocy.

Do better.
sure, i'll just wait for the next 10 hitler references to show up...pelosi ruled out of order...ya so much decorum.

After the last few days, including the kkk rally last night that trump led, and figuring in the raucous defense of him by a chunk of folks on here, there’s really nothing more to conclude but that people like SD and others of his ilk are just bad to their core.

Sure, they may have a good quality or two, say a couple of nice things here and there, but that’s where it stops. They can’t admit what trump is doing is wrong and racist. Instead, they double down and pull out some ridiculous whataboutisms. They can’t fathom that someone who isn’t a white man playing on the same field.

It’s just the way it is with these folks. The saddest thing of all is they just don’t care because they’re happy trump says exactly what they’re thinking.
Another credible post from P.F.1, but his last sentence, in my opinion, goes to the heart of what explains the almost unexplainable fervor of the die-hard Trump fan: To some, politics is a bloodsport, and when your guy's opponent's blood winds up all over the sidewalk after (he) trashes 'em, there's very little in life that hits the pleasure center any harder.

Reactions: indy35
4 more years of kfc fingerprints on air force 1 and taco bell on cinco de mayo. Better prepare yourself.
OR........more years of djt fingerprints on chests and bottoms of unsuspecting women, and Kellyanne explaining to the press about what the Donald's 17th Federal Court appearance is all about...... you might wanna prepare YOURself.......

Breaking down Ghandi's six separate statements individually, here, which would be most antithetical to your own personal philosophy, and why ??

Trump has now officially disavowed the "Send her back!" chant, saying he wasn't happy about it.

I suspect someone finally got some polling numbers in front of his eyes saying that he can't win 2020 if 60% of the country thinks he's racist. Wouldn't matter if he is actually racist or not, it's whether the general population "thinks" he's racist. He can go back and use revisionist history on his tweets to say that "No no no. You don't get it. This is what I meant when I said that" all he wants, but when the crowds start taking his words and taking them to an even higher perceived racist level, he has no choice but to start doing damage control.

Breaking down Ghandi's six separate statements individually, here, which would be most antithetical to your own personal philosophy, and why ??
The first one certainly. beliefs into thoughts. I would say I'm quite the opposite. I don't hold that many "beliefs" like "men are inherently evil" or "there is a god" or things like that. The beliefs I do have are constructed by logic and experience. To me beliefs tend to be things are already instantiated in you, like a religious system or some other values you have assigned. I don't find beliefs to be all that useful. They can be useful in governance like "all men are created equal" under rule of law, but of course all men are not created equal in the literal sense.

Words and actions are certainly separable. I can do nothing but write and talk horror all my life and never commit a single horrible action towards another human, though i think his precise meaning here is a bit different, I would still posit words do not necessarily translate directly to action. If they did politics would be a much better place.

On values and destiny this is probably my greatest disagreement. One, I do not believe in any sort of destiny concept. at all. that is mystical nonsense. On values, I'm very much aligned with Nietzsche's concept of values and societal meanings associated with values. If you are not familiar with his work I can't really type it out here it will take too long. Suffice to say the terms good and evil have a bit of a different meaning to him than they would have for Ghandi. the genealogy of morals would be a good place to start.

Trump has now officially disavowed the "Send her back!" chant, saying he wasn't happy about it.

I suspect someone finally got some polling numbers in front of his eyes saying that he can't win 2020 if 60% of the country thinks he's racist. Wouldn't matter if he is actually racist or not, it's whether the general population "thinks" he's racist. He can go back and use revisionist history on his tweets to say that "No no no. You don't get it. This is what I meant when I said that" all he wants, but when the crowds start taking his words and taking them to an even higher perceived racist level, he has no choice but to start doing damage control.
he didn't chant send her back. he legitimately tried to talk over it when it first started. did you watch the clip?

he didn't chant send her back. he legitimately tried to talk over it when it first started. did you watch the clip?

Jesus Christ almighty with your ridiculous defense of him. You are one sick fukk. He sat there and let them scream it. He made ZERO attempt to stop them and sat there with a smirk on his face enjoying it.

Deplorable.

Jesus Christ almighty with your ridiculous defense of him. You are one sick fukk. He sat there and let them scream it. He made ZERO attempt to stop them and sat there with a smirk on his face enjoying it.

Deplorable.
did he or did he not try to talk over it when it started?

You are correct. He never uttered the words "send her back", so let me rephrase. "..but when the crowds start taking his tweets with words like "if they don't like it they can leave" to the next level of higher perceived racism (ie. "Send her Back"), he has not choice but to start doing damage control."

It goes back to that statement made a year ago and was brought up again. "I don't know if the president is a racist, but racists think he's racist." He may not actually be racist, I honestly don't know for sure. But if you are going to say "I don't have a racist bone in my body" but then the people in your rally start a racist chant, you are going to be labeled a racist by association. That's my point. Regardless of whether he is a racist or not, his tweet over the weekend was taken up by the media as being racist. The situation could have been deflated easily if he had just come out with a pseudo apology along the lines of "This is what I meant with that statement, if you perceived it as a racist call for them to "go back where they came from", I apologize. That was not my intention. My intention was to point out their how their far left policies will hurt this country by …….."

Instead he doubled down, and things spiraled out of control.

Nope. He sure didn’t.

Deplorable.
Well we now know how much we can trust your assessments. Here's all 50 people chanting it lol...

I mean i just watched it. They started chanting it and he did nothing to stop them. If you wanna argue over semantics, knock yourself out.

He let a bunch of racists say something racist because of something racist he said and he made no attempt to stop them. And you’re here arguing semantics.

Deplorable. Again, just rotten to the core.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
I mean i just watched it. They started chanting it and he did nothing to stop them. I mean if you wanna argue over semantics, knock yourself out.

He let a bunch of racists say something racist because of something racist he said and he made no attempt to stop them. And you’re here arguing semantics.

It's just funny that if he doesn't condemn it he's horrible. You know what Omar had to say on the same subject of condemning other people's acts? She said expecting the muslim community to constantly condemn terrorist acts was ridiculous. So what's the rule here. Are we all terrible if we do not immediately condemn or is it ok to just let other people's behavior stand on its own? Seems like yet ANOTHER speciously applied "standard" when you want to be outraged.

I mean i just watched it. They started chanting it and he did nothing to stop them. I mean if you wanna argue over semantics, knock yourself out.

It's just funny that if he doesn't condemn it he's horrible. You know what Omar had to say on the same subject of condemning other people's acts? She said expecting the muslim community to constantly condemn terrorist acts was ridiculous. So what's the rule here. Are we all terrible if we do not immediately condemn or is it ok to just let other people's behavior stand on its own? Seems like yet ANOTHER speciously applied "standard" when you want to be outraged.

Again with the whataboutism. I’ve already said earlier that any politician who is lying etc needs to be called out. I know comprehension isn’t your thing, but do try to keep up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT