ADVERTISEMENT

Racist comments = Republicans disappear

lbodel

All-American
Jul 15, 2006
I'm pretty sure no one can actually say "go back" to where you came from (crime-infested countries) to Latina and African-American Congresswomen is NOT a racist trope, right?

But, what do Republicans have to say?

0 Republican members of Congress have yet to say 1 word about it - their colleagues. And I have yet to see any meaningful Republican do so....even though they're plenty active saying other things. The NY Times says it has reached out to several.....and has not heard back from 1 with a statement.

I look forward to Marco Rubio's "we must come together" Tweet as the sacrificial lamb.

Why can't Republicans condemn the President of the United States making a blatantly racist statement....let alone that it's a factually not true racist statement?

Are Republicans ok with it?

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Sorry, maybe it's not Marco's turn to speak for Republicans...but Geraldo's?!

I'm pretty sure no one can actually say "go back" to where you came from (crime-infested countries) to Latina and African-American Congresswomen is NOT a racist trope, right?

But, what do Republicans have to say?

0 Republican members of Congress have yet to say 1 word about it - their colleagues. And I have yet to see any meaningful Republican do so....even though they're plenty active saying other things. The NY Times says it has reached out to several.....and has not heard back from 1 with a statement.

I look forward to Marco Rubio's "we must come together" Tweet as the sacrificial lamb.

Why can't Republicans condemn the President of the United States making a blatantly racist statement....let alone that it's a factually not true racist statement?

Are Republicans ok with it?

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
Why can't GOP lawmakers condemn Trump for making wholly intolerable statements ??

That's who they are
That's what they are
That's what they'll always be.

The usual suspects have been awfully quiet today. Fox and Friends will start telling them what to say starting tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Purdue4Life
Trump is on Twitter roll this morning. 94% of Republicans approve of him, they won’t even stand up and dispute that claim of his. At least no more dog whistles needed, that must bring some relief to his supporters, get it out in the open.

Lindsey Graham called out Trump, to a slight degree, but then he doubled back down on AOC and the others.

I guess Lindsey is "fair and balanced"? He must be up for re-election this year. tic

Lindsey Graham: 'AOC and this crowd are a bunch of communists' but Trump should 'aim higher'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ham-reaction-trump-squad-comments/1732898001/

The best is he said Trump should stop getting personal in his attacks....while he himself called them communists and they hated their country. Ok Lindsey, ok.

The best is he said Trump should stop getting personal in his attacks....while he himself called them communists and they hated their country. Ok Lindsey, ok.

I fail to find why his tweets are racist or sexist.
Trump has a political view extremely different than those he called out.
You may not agree with how he expressed his disagreement but it is a stretch to call his tweets racist or sexist.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
You may not agree with how he expressed his disagreement but it is a stretch to call his tweets racist or sexist.
I will spell it out for you and anyone else who is confused as to why this is an issue. Donald Trump, the POTUS, just told 4 minority women who are US citizens, three of which were BORN in the US, to go back to their broken and crime ridden countries of origin. Either Trump things the US is broken and crime ridden (he wouldn't be wrong), or he made a racist assumption about where these women are from.

On top of that, he is telling them to "go back" to fix those countries they aren't from instead of telling people how government in the US should be run...you know, the exact thing they were elected to do.

I can appreciate how hard R's and conservatives have argued away his casual racism in the past, but this is pretty black and white.

You're the first one in this thread to say sexist? Must be on your mind!

And this is textbook definition of a racist trope.

If they were 4 white congresswomen, do you think he would have said go back to where you came from? No.

The comment wasn't even factually accurate. You say you don't like him but come up with any excuse in the book to cover his a$$. Just say it: you agree with him! It'll be therapeutic for you.

Reactions: indy35
Founder of the Neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer:

"This is the kind of WHITE NATIONALISM we elected him for"

"This is what elected Trump and this is what will always be the best way for him to gain support"

But everything he said was perfectly fine!!

3 pm update: Of the 289 Republicans in the House and Senate, just 12 had criticized the president over his tweets.

And to be clear, some of the 12 "criticisms" were rather tepid.

He told four Americans with brown skin to go back from where they came from. So like Detroit then?

He didnt tell Nancy Pelosi to go back to where she came from.... I wonder why.

So the left can call the right Nazi's, racists, homophobes, claim they have a "war on women", claim they "don't care about the poor", and etc but that's ok because its coming from the left. And it seems perfectly ok for the left to use phrases like, "Old white men". The POTUS tells the most inflammatory loud mouths freshmen house members this country has seen in a while to leave the country if they hate it here so much and you whackos have a complete meltdown.

Just stop the hypocrisy and moderates and conservatives will start listening.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
So the left can call the right Nazi's, racists, homophobes, claim they have a "war on women", claim they "don't care about the poor", and etc but that's ok because its coming from the left. And it seems perfectly ok for the left to use phrases like, "Old white men". The POTUS tells the most inflammatory loud mouths freshmen house members this country has seen in a while to leave the country if they hate it here so much and you whackos have a complete meltdown.

He didn't tell them to leave the country, he told them to go back to THEIR countries. To confirm, you have no issue with what the POTUS said...or are you just here to make hypocrisy arguments?

3 pm update: Of the 289 Republicans in the House and Senate, just 12 had criticized the president over his tweets.

And to be clear, some of the 12 "criticisms" were rather tepid.

and of course CNN tried to create a roll call of Republicans!

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/453081-cnn-seeks-republicans-to-criticize-trumps-racist-comments

But did CNN do the same when AOC directly called Pelosi a racist?

12, That’s about the same number of Dems who called out AOC for referring in no uncertain terms that Polosi was racist.

I will spell it out for you and anyone else who is confused as to why this is an issue. Donald Trump, the POTUS, just told 4 minority women who are US citizens, three of which were BORN in the US, to go back to their broken and crime ridden countries of origin. Either Trump things the US is broken and crime ridden (he wouldn't be wrong), or he made a racist assumption about where these women are from.

On top of that, he is telling them to "go back" to fix those countries they aren't from instead of telling people how government in the US should be run...you know, the exact thing they were elected to do.

I can appreciate how hard R's and conservatives have argued away his casual racism in the past, but this is pretty black and white.
Maybe he's just mad at Melania? Or maybe Ivana?

You wouldn’t recognize a moderate if one came up to you with a neon sign. You think I’m liberal because you are so far to the right. That’s the entire issue with the “Republican” clown car right now.

You wouldn’t recognize a moderate if one came up to you with a neon sign. You think I’m liberal because you are so far to the right. That’s the entire issue with the “Republican” clown car right now.
Funny, any Democrat who considers themselves moderates are only comparing themselves to Bernie, AOC, etc.

I'm far to the right? Care to go over the issues? You come to this board to rip on people because your own pathetic life doesn't satisfy you. Sad really.

Well, that escalated quickly from political disagreement to commentary on my life from some guy I’ve never met. Awesome!
Ha - you escalate every thread you comment on. Always full of personal insults to conservatives but always super respectful to libs. But you're a moderate. Clown.

Ha - you escalate every thread you comment on. Always full of personal insults to conservatives but always super respectful to libs. But you're a moderate. Clown.
I’m full of insults - not personal ones - to Trumpers. Yep. I am. Guilty. I’m super respectful to some of the libs here, but I steer clear of quite a few others who I find as distasteful as you as well. You spend an awful lot of time tracking my behavior for someone claiming I spend so much time here because MY life is awful.

Here’s a challenge for you: go find a post where I’ve made a comment about the quality of someone else’s life... or anything even remotely that ridiculous... and then maybe I’ll lend the slightest bit of credence to your opinion. I’ll wait.

Before you spend too much time hunting, there’s only about ten threads on the first two pages of this board that I’ve even participated in. But please, do find an example. Just one.

Reactions: atmafola

Right-wingers calling out the left for hypocrisy ??? I keep forgetting: Are you the " pot " guy or the one they call Kettle ??

And what, the world is supposed to wait for FOXNEWS to call the roll of lockjawed Republicans in this matter ??

Did any news agency call out the Dems for a roll call? Of course not. CNN became the dominant left wing hack long ago replacing msnbc and the others.

Susan Brooks,Republican Congreesswoman from Indiana,mildly rebuked Trump,but then she isnt running for re election.

Did any news agency call out the Dems for a roll call? Of course not. CNN became the dominant left wing hack long ago replacing msnbc and the others.
Please God tell me this isn't a serious question !! You think that any of the 280 or so DEMOCRATS in Congress have any reluctance in calling out Trump, out of fear of retaliation, here, and need a roll call in order to do it ???!!!! WTF

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT