ADVERTISEMENT

Racist comments = Republicans disappear

To me beliefs tend to be things are already instantiated in you, like a religious system or some other values you have assigned.
The thing about religion is that it might ingrain certain beliefs, but even those beliefs can be subject to change over time. A Muslim raised to hate Israel is not destined to hate Israel forever anymore than a Catholic raised pro-life and anti-gay is destined to remain pro-life and anti-gay forever. Beliefs can change through education, travel, etc., something many in this country could use a little more of across the board.

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Again with the whataboutism. I’ve already said earlier that any politician who is lying etc needs to be called out. I know comprehension isn’t your thing, but do try to keep up.
answer the question. do we have to virtue signal or not? I just want to know when it's appropriate for me to call this out.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Again with the whataboutism. I’ve already said earlier that any politician who is lying etc needs to be called out. I know comprehension isn’t your thing, but do try to keep up.
answer the question. do we have to virtue signal or not? I just want to know when it's appropriate for me to call this out.

Anyone in a position of leadership absolutely should be held to task.

So why can’t you bring yourself to say that what Trump has said and then allowed last night was bad, other than the most obvious reason?

Last edited:

So why can’t you bring yourself to say that what Trump has said and then allowed last night wasn’t bad, other than the most obvious reason?
bad for what, exactly. He's playing the game and there's no decorum in the game right now. Do I think trump is a bad person? yes. Did I knowingly vote for a bad person? yes. I also believe he's been unfairly judged against his equally disturbing competition.

So why can’t you bring yourself to say that what Trump has said and then allowed last night wasn’t bad, other than the most obvious reason?
bad for what, exactly. He's playing the game and there's no decorum in the game right now. Do I think trump is a bad person? yes. Did I knowingly vote for a bad person? yes. I also believe he's been unfairly judged against his equally disturbing competition.

In other words, you defend him. Got it.

I actually get the feeling, and yes it's a feeling, that she is far more an "anti-Israeli-ist" than "anti-semite" while the inverse would be more likely for white nationalists. A subtle but, to me, clear difference.

I almost always agree with your excellent posts and admire your ability to research and post relevant information. However, on this one, I disagree as I think Omar is truly anti-semitic in her statements and in her beliefs. Secondly, I think she is ignorant of the importance of Israel to the U.S.
There is a movement in Hawaii for independence from the U.S. I equate Hawaii's importance in the Pacific to Israel's importance in the Middle East. There is no way that the U.S. could let either one go. Omar seems not to recognize this.

I almost always agree with your excellent posts and admire your ability to research and post relevant information. However, on this one, I disagree as I think Omar is truly anti-semitic in her statements and in her beliefs. Secondly, I think she is ignorant of the importance of Israel to the U.S.
There is a movement in Hawaii for independence from the U.S. I equate Hawaii's importance in the Pacific to Israel's importance in the Middle East. There is no way that the U.S. could let either one go. Omar seems not to recognize this.
Omar, for whatever reason, when I have seen a couple of interviews seemed to have a great fondness for the virtually stateless Palestinians in Israel and many of her opinions seemed related. Perhaps her background from her Somali past and it's related transitory life is key. Again, I am quite aware of the subtle, and arguably irrelevant, distinction that I made as to semetic vis-a-vis Israeli. I was pleasantly surprised when she apologized some time ago for comments that she made.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
He will be judged directly by it on election day. There's no need for me to defend it. I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. Got it?
He actually was judged on a lot of this stuff on election day, considering he lost the popular vote by nearly 3,000,000. I know that doesn't matter, but it kinda does in the context we're discussing here.

Reactions: indy35
Omar, for whatever reason, when I have seen a couple of interviews seemed to have a great fondness for the virtually stateless Palestinians in Israel and many of her opinions seemed related. Perhaps her background from her Somali past and it's related transitory life is key. Again, I am quite aware of the subtle, and arguably irrelevant, distinction that I made as to semetic vis-a-vis Israeli. I was pleasantly surprised when she apologized some time ago for comments that she made.
And deep down, I think this is one of the reasons that people don't like Trump. While the politicians on the left and right have their various levels of name calling / outlandish statements / racial barbs, usually when they have pushed the line too far, they've apologized for it.

Trump NEVER apologizes for anything. Even when he is 100% proven incorrect.

Since he has become a politician, he has apologized exactly twice in public record. Once was on a Piers Morgan interview and Morgan pushed him about a re-tweet that Trump made that turned out to be an Anti-Muslim statement from a white nationalist. He didn't particularly want to do it, but capitulated and basically said "well, if it will makes you feel better, then yeah, I'm sorry."

The second time was for the Access Hollywood tape. Even then, his first apology was more of a "I'm sorry you were offended by what I said", not "I'm sorry I said it.". He later came back and gave a few more in-depth apologies in writing about it that sounded much more sincere.

That's it though. And that's part of the reason that most people don't like him. Even with the birther nonsense. He eventually admitted defeat and declared "I believe Obama was born in the United States", but not once did he actually apologize or even feel guilty about pandering that particular conspiracy theory for YEARS.

Sadly, some people like him even more because of this. They feel that his outrageous claims "cut through all the PC crap" and he shouldn't feel sorry for the things he says. While it is true that a person's actions should count for more than what they say, the problem is that words inspire. Especially in gatherings like rallies where everybody is getting excited being in a large group of similarly minded people, the words you speak can affect the actions of those looking to you for leadership. At the end of the day, everyone is responsible for their own actions, but there are a lot of people out there that are close enough to the line that they wouldn't take physical action against someone normally, but if you give them a little nudge and maybe throw some alcohol into the situation, suddenly the idea of throwing a rock at a Hispanic or getting into a screaming tirade at the Muslim working at the doughnut shop doesn't seem like that bad of an idea anymore.

Last edited:
bad for what, exactly. He's playing the game and there's no decorum in the game right now.

real life = wwe wrestling now

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Fansince72
well it's still nancy and mitch running the shows in the houses. so what exactly did you think would happen? trump hasn't been charged with anything but fake news and the impeachment vote failed miserably so why would they pull support? everyone is wise to the games the liberal media is playing...no collusion was egg in the face of the MSM. The dems aren't jfk and the pubs aren't reagan...and poor lincoln, doubt he would even try to run today. can you imagine? trump would be like "look at ole tall nuts over here who can't afford a razor."
The Impeachment Vote was a " miserable failure", huh. One stubborn fool of a Dem. Rep. insists on a vote. Pelosi and the entire House Democratic leadership group do everything possible from a procedural standpoint and hustle up NAYS before the vote to DEFEAT it.....and you call it a " FAILURE " ?? Ask the Trump Re-election Campaign Headquarters which way THEY wanted the vote to go, and then c'mon back and call it a Dem. Party failure. Nice try. You've got enough writing skills to not have to play the right-wing fool.

ya nobody tried to impeach mccain or accuse him of being putin's puppet. the deep discord that was sowed is being reaped.
Why would anybody have tried to impeach McCain ? He had honesty, dignity, integrity and character. As did Romney. And Dole. And G.B. Sr. And Reagan. Trump? Trump is to the US presidency what "Elvis On Black Velvet" is to art.

Just to clarify, under EEOC guidelines a workplace suggestion that someone go back where they came from is potentially illegal and actionable under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
As noted by EEOC publications (https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/immigrants-facts.cfm) violations include

Harassment Based on National Origin
  1. Ethnic slurs and other verbal or physical conduct because of nationality are illegal if they are severe or pervasive and create an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment, interfere with work performance, or negatively affect job opportunities. Examples of potentially unlawful conduct include insults, taunting, or ethnic epithets, such as making fun of a person's foreign accent or comments like, "Go back to where you came from, " whether made by supervisors or by co-workers

"You can’t talk that way about our country, not when I’m the President."
"So, when I hear that, you just can’t talk about our country that way."
"I think you can’t talk that way about the United States." Donald J. Trump
7/19/2019

Q Mr. President, they have a First Amendment right to say what they want about our country. That’s what the Constitution guarantees. Do you see not agreeing with you as the same thing as hating the country, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah, they have First Amendment rights but that doesn’t mean I’m happy about them saying. And when they say bad things about us, we can certainly feel — and again, we have First Amendment rights also — we can certainly feel what and say what we want.

F*** you Mr. President. Apparently you know about the First amendment, or just found out about it from the question. Yes we can talk that way you anti free speech prick.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-marine-one-departure-53/

BTW, he mentioned Omar being Anti-semitic/ anti Israel 6 times in that short sequence..........and has mentioned it over and over since this mess started. Somebody must be in his ear, he's obviously doing it for some reason.

BTW, he mentioned Omar being Anti-semitic/ anti Israel 6 times in that short sequence..........and has mentioned it over and over since this mess started. Somebody must be in his ear, he's obviously doing it for some reason.

$heldon Adelson

Do you have a caretaker that should be monitoring you right now instead of letting you post nonsense without supervision?

Yeh, I know. It's super difficult when the facts don't support your narrative. Trump..that meanie racist! How can all these black people support him!

Yeh, I know. It's super difficult when the facts don't support your narrative. Trump..that meanie racist! How can all these black people support him!
Do you think that posting a picture of Trump with a black person is some sort of fact to support your argument? No wonder you have so much trouble with basic functions. I hope your caretaker finds you soon, it can’t be good for you to be left alone too long.

Do you think that posting a picture of Trump with a black person is some sort of fact to support your argument? No wonder you have so much trouble with basic functions. I hope your caretaker finds you soon, it can’t be good for you to be left alone too long.

You're losing this argument......Maybe you should go back to watching watching old recordings of Hilary prior to the election. Those were happier times for you.
cpis2gvwcaqihiq.jpg

You're losing this argument......Maybe you should go back to watching watching old recordings of Hilary prior to the election. Those were happier times for you.
cpis2gvwcaqihiq.jpg
Says the guy that thinks posting a picture of Trump with an African American means that he isn’t racist. Seems like you aren’t capable of making a decent argument. There are years of evidence of Trump’s own words and actions showing exactly the type of person he is.

Reactions: doubleyous
It's the old, "I have a black/gay friend" argument.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Says the guy that thinks posting a picture of Trump with an African American means that he isn’t racist. Seems like you aren’t capable of making a decent argument. There are years of evidence of Trump’s own words and actions showing exactly the type of person he is.

Says the guy who here's a bobble head on MSNBC call Trump a racist, therefore it must be truth (despite the evidence and facts which always seem to get in the way).

Says the guy who here's a bobble head on MSNBC call Trump a racist, therefore it must be truth (despite the evidence and facts which always seem to get in the way).
You don’t have the first clue what evidence and facts are.

You don’t have the first clue what evidence and facts are.
So tell me, if Trump has all these black supporters, how can he possibly be a racist?
Why would black people support him?
Is he a part time racist?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT