• No

Votes: 118 43.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 155 56.8%

• Total voters

jadeezra

Senior
Dec 30, 2006
just fun to see what every bodies guess is. As that's all it is or could be right now

I'm a glass half full guy. The way things have gone for us the few years . . . Hammond stays, Edwards comes in as one of the best freshmen in the country, Haas chooses Purdue and delights us with his play & potential, Octeus was one of the most productive 5th year transfers in the nation, Mathias shows promise and is what CMP calls the best passer we've had in over a decade, Boilers play a solid BigTen and make the tourney, R. Davis is the defensive player of the year, etc., etc.

Keep the momentum. Swanigan becomes a Boiler.

Reactions: yaheardwithPUrd
Just a matter of time before there was a pole.....................jeez
pole-dancing1.jpg

Reactions: pboiler18
just fun to see what every bodies guess is. As that's all it is or could be right now

Does Swanigan land Purdue? Even without him, I pick Purdue to win the B1G this season. Painter is one of the better/best conference coaches, but struggles to get the 5 star players.

1. Purdue

2. IU

3. Maryland/Michigan

4. MSU

5. OSU __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And there are your NCAA tournament teams. If the injury report is average, I'd say [without Caleb] 5 B1G loses, with him, 3/4.

Does Swanigan land Purdue? Even without him, I pick Purdue to win the B1G this season. Painter is one of the better/best conference coaches, but struggles to get the 5 star players.

1. Purdue

2. IU

3. Maryland/Michigan

4. MSU

5. OSU __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And there are your NCAA tournament teams. If the injury report is average, I'd say [without Caleb] 5 B1G loses, with him, 3/4.

No way IU makes the tourney next year. Yogi is really all they have coming back. Bryant is a good prospect, but he's not going to save them. Williams and Blackmon Jr. are both good...but just good....that's all. No depth behind them thanks to Crean chasing everybody off.

No way IU makes the tourney next year. Yogi is really all they have coming back. Bryant is a good prospect, but he's not going to save them. Williams and Blackmon Jr. are both good...but just good....that's all. No depth behind them thanks to Crean chasing everybody off.
Careful. While what you say is correct, snu will be along soon to try and sell you that everything is glorious at iu and they are going to win it all next year.

Lol Iu will make the tournament, but they are fringe top 25 material now imo. I put them 5-6 in big next year , but to say not a tournament team is silly .

Does purdue land Swanigan
  1. No
    115 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. *
    Yes
    81 vote(s)
    41.3%
Bump, because you all are ridiculous. haha. This vote only shows who believes in twitter, and who has more faith in Brian. hah.

Reactions: GregJM24
Does purdue land Swanigan
  1. No
    115 vote(s)
    58.7%
  2. *
    Yes
    81 vote(s)
    41.3%
Bump, because you all are ridiculous. haha. This vote only shows who believes in twitter, and who has more faith in Brian. hah.

Brian hasn't always been right just like any media person. That said, nice job if he called this (I don't read or see premium stuff anymore so I don't know).

Brian hasn't always been right just like any media person. That said, nice job if he called this (I don't read or see premium stuff anymore so I don't know).
Sure, but he's usually more upfront about his ability to be right or wrong and reminds everyone that when he calls something it's never final till it's final. When it leaked from Goodman I believe it was, he was the next source that I found that was saying This is going to happen, this is what my sources are saying. But he also made sure to caviat that with. It's still a long way to go, he's not signing an LOI, and this is the plan. There is a chance that I'm wrong because he's already decommitted once. But what he did put out there were details and info from his sources, not just "my sources say he's coming to Purdue". I would trust him more because this is his sole job, to report Purdue. So it matters to him.

Sure, but he's usually more upfront about his ability to be right or wrong and reminds everyone that when he calls something it's never final till it's final. When it leaked from Goodman I believe it was, he was the next source that I found that was saying This is going to happen, this is what my sources are saying. But he also made sure to caviat that with. It's still a long way to go, he's not signing an LOI, and this is the plan. There is a chance that I'm wrong because he's already decommitted once. But what he did put out there were details and info from his sources, not just "my sources say he's coming to Purdue". I would trust him more because this is his sole job, to report Purdue. So it matters to him.

All good points. Certainly a day to celebrate as Purdue fans, assuming CS keeps his committment!

A few reasons I voted yes of course dd, I've heard he's in a very serious relationship with a high schooler and the name purdue was the one consistent in all of this

I admit... I voted 'no'. Mostly because of Dakich :D Really, it was mostly because of our long list of recent "near misses". I like when being wrong is good.

I'm a glass half full guy. The way things have gone for us the few years . . . Hammond stays, Edwards comes in as one of the best freshmen in the country, Haas chooses Purdue and delights us with his play & potential, Octeus was one of the most productive 5th year transfers in the nation, Mathias shows promise and is what CMP calls the best passer we've had in over a decade, Boilers play a solid BigTen and make the tourney, R. Davis is the defensive player of the year, etc., etc.

Keep the momentum. Swanigan becomes a Boiler.
Sometimes it just makes life a little more tolerable when you try to find the positives and trust people to do their jobs.

CMP is a solid coach who, right or wrong, won't blow warm air up a recruit's skirt. I believe in the long run, this is a positive for him/Purdue. My guess is it makes Painter sleep a little better knowing he has been upfront with the kids and their parent(s)/guardian and likely just makes for better team chemistry.

Let's get on a long, successful run and enjoy the ride . . . Go Boilers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT