ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Landford to IU

Honestly, I think it's a bad business move. Kansas has the tools to make him a top 5 pick with showing his tools on a winning team. Yes, he will probably be top 10 but for most likely a middle of the pack IU team with not much supporting cast...besides Morgan. I do think IU will be better for that 1 year but it won't help Romeo win anything relevant in the tourney.

Congrats to IU. I’ll be very interested watching Romeo at IU next season and how he progresses. Going to IU is definitely a double edged sword...if he does well and gets IU to the NCAA’s, he is seen as a savior of sorts and likely cashes out a legend in IU/Indiana basketball history...if he ends up with the Pacers and teams up with Oladipo, it would be a perfect story.

On the other hand, IU has been known to have fans that turn nasty pretty quickly. If something doesn’t click and they struggle, it could actually hurt Romeo’s status in Indiana and in draft boards.

The easy NBA decision was Kansas or Vandy (NBA style offense with tempo and two other young studs with no expectations) but the pull of playing in Indiana at IU was likely too much.

I’ll look forward to watching Romeo take on Boogie and Nojel along with matching up with Hunter as well.

636607106567418998-romeo-crowd-by-Dakota-Crawford.jpg

LOL

Honestly, I think it's a bad business move. Kansas has the tools to make him a top 5 pick with showing his tools on a winning team. Yes, he will probably be top 10 but for most likely a middle of the pack IU team with not much supporting cast...besides Morgan. I do think IU will be better for that 1 year but it won't help Romeo win anything relevant in the tourney.

Indiana's roster just has no shooting. Playing with a roster like Kansas, for instance, which has a couple of talented guards who can space the floor for him would have been a much better 'business move' as you call it.

The college game is already compact enough as it is, becomes hard to operate when teams can sag off your teammates if they cant shoot.

Indiana was 307th in the nation in 3 point shooting last year and lose their one good higj volume shooter in Robert Johnson at 37% on 177 attempts. If you take his stats away, they become the worst shooting team in the nation from 3.

Just overall, not a very good fit for his game but when youre that good, you probably arent thinking of these things.

Reactions: Schnelk
Come on guys..............we're talking about "this generation's Oscar Robertson" LOL. This kid is gonna have a lot of pressure on him.
DcEKRVNW4AY6d00.jpg

Boogers and flags.............need I say more.

I would tend to think when you are this good you look at your roster. That's why the elite Pro's put themselves into a position that equal winning. Especially when it's short term. IU got a good one! At least you don't have to hear them bash his character when he was a Louisville recruit.

Last edited:
Good for IU.

Glad an IN kid stayed home.

Hopefully he will bring some fire back to the program, and we can hopefully get our rivalry (which IU has been missing from) back to some-kinda-somewhat national prominence.

Looking fwd to Archie vs CMP for a long time to come.

It's going to take a lot more than Romeo.

That program is rock bottom right now.

Morgan should leave now since he won’t see the ball next year. He may not crack double digits in scoring average. Then again he may rebound the missed bricks.

The reason they will be better is those guys are gone.

What happened to you boy Tegray? Couldn’t even get drafted. Probably still has nightmares of Markell Jones running him over during the bucket game.

How about Rob Phinisee? Where's he from, again??? Damezi? IIRC, Purdue didn't want any of the top players from their own back yard or the state of Indiana...

But hey, I'm sure Pork Chop will do a great job turning those no names into valuable contributors.

Were you one of the guys at the ceremony in candy stripe pants?

Reactions: ChuckJr
I was talking about Morgan. He may have declared since he knew Romeo would be the focal point.

I think Romeo's a little less selfish than you've seen when he was by far the only real stud on his New Albany team. He had to take over games by himself.

He'll have plenty more help from Morgan, Smith and Hunter. Race Thompson is very intriguing too after a redshirt year. Heard A LOT of good things about him. Green is the wildcard. If he cuts down the street ball further, he could be a major plus.

Reactions: ulrey
How about Rob Phinisee? Where's he from, again??? Damezi? IIRC, Purdue didn't want any of the top players from their own back yard or the state of Indiana...

I don't mind people flaming, except when they're just dumb.

Pretty sure Swanigan and Cline finished #1 & #2 in IN Mr BBall a couple years ago. And we offered Phinisee. Can't win em all.

Sasha, Eric Hunter, Thompson, TOMMY F'N LUCE!!! C'mon, man!

had Romeo wanted to come to Purdue, I'm sure you would have had no interest.
Yeah, no way we would have wanted Romeo. You got us.

Last edited:
Last time I checked IU fired the guy who was on the bench when they were recruits, so not relevant at all. Doubt Archie would've offered Cline, though.

If I don't get banned, I'll check back in after TJD commits to IU. You may know him as the rare 5 * that actually mentions Purdue on his short list.
You might notice when you check back that if he doesn't choose PU, I still won't care.

You said PU ignores IN players in their own backyard and the state of IN, I rattled off 5-6 recents. Not sure what the old IU coach has to do with my response.

If you're talking just Archie time you should clarify yourself. Just take a deep breath and be succinct. Go!

Reactions: CMPurdue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT