ADVERTISEMENT

Hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 Treatment Update

What, exactly, would the House "coronavirus" legislation have looked like, a while, back - may we ask??!!
A national health emergency response in our country starts with a multitude of agencies, ALL OF WHICH ARE PART OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH !! At such time as the CDC, the Dept. Health & Human Svc's, the Surgeon General, the US Public Health Svc., the FDA, the National Institute for Health and others make their needs known in the form of a spending request.....then, and ONLY then can Congress be of help. You DO realize that, don't you ??
Your statement that they (Congress) "doesn't need Presidential input is ignorant. Public Health is the Executive Branch's domain, and always has been !! NOT Congress', for Christ's sake...AIN'T THEIR JOB !!
It's everybody's job. The entire damn government. The President. Congress. The Governors. All this pointing fingers is gawd awful stupid. Because they all dropped the ball.

You want to know what a coronavirus legislation looks like? It is a bill that allocates extra money for states and hospitals to purchase the supplies they need. Because if they tried to do it on their own, they would have been broke before the first patient came it. By the way, Congress knew this was a problem on Feb 5. But not a single bill was introduced:

You're right about the President though. He dropped the ball too. If he knew enough to shut the border with China on Jan 31, then he knew this was going to be bad. February was a lost month.

Now, this is all 2020 hindsight. And I'm fully aware that the President and Congress were distracted by Impeachment proceedings. I'm not, however, going to argue who's fault THAT was. That's another bag of rotting dead worms.

Last edited:
This is confirmed by my wife. They got an update from the CEO over the weekend.

Novartis' malaria drug biggest hope against COVID-19, CEO says

Mar. 29, 2020 10:10 PM ET|About: Novartis AG (NVS)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

In an interview with SonntagsZeitung, Novartis (NYSE:NVS) CEO Vas Narasimhan says pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that its hydroxychloroquine malaria drug kills the coronavirus.

Vas Narasimhan says the company is working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of the drug, "but it's too early to say anything definitively."

The CEO says Novartis is recruiting patients for hydroxychloroquine in Europe and the U.S. for clinical studies and is in talks with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and Switzerland on whether the company will be granted rapid approval.

Novartis has pledged to donate 130M doses and is supporting clinical trials needed before the medicine, which Pres. Trump also has been promoting, can be approved for use against COVID-19.
This is confirmed by my wife. They got an update from the CEO over the weekend.

Novartis' malaria drug biggest hope against COVID-19, CEO says

Mar. 29, 2020 10:10 PM ET|About: Novartis AG (NVS)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

In an interview with SonntagsZeitung, Novartis (NYSE:NVS) CEO Vas Narasimhan says pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that its hydroxychloroquine malaria drug kills the coronavirus.

Vas Narasimhan says the company is working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of the drug, "but it's too early to say anything definitively."

The CEO says Novartis is recruiting patients for hydroxychloroquine in Europe and the U.S. for clinical studies and is in talks with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and Switzerland on whether the company will be granted rapid approval.

Novartis has pledged to donate 130M doses and is supporting clinical trials needed before the medicine, which Pres. Trump also has been promoting, can be approved for use against COVID-19.

sounds like this stuff is snake oil. It is very dangerous for people to promote a drug without any real studies behind it. I wish trump would quit peddling this bullshi! as his lies are causing people to die now. Not so cute anymore.

https://news.yahoo.com/small-trial-finds-hydroxychloroquine-not-124054137.html

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinDegrees2
It's everybody's job. The entire damn government. The President. Congress. The Governors. All this pointing fingers is gawd awful stupid. Because they all dropped the ball.

You want to know what a coronavirus legislation looks like? It is a bill that allocates extra money for states and hospitals to purchase the supplies they need. Because if they tried to do it on their own, they would have been broke before the first patient came it. By the way, Congress knew this was a problem on Feb 5. But not a single bill was introduced:

You're right about the President though. He dropped the ball too. If he knew enough to shut the border with China on Jan 31, then he knew this was going to be bad. February was a lost month.

Now, this is all 2020 hindsight. And I'm fully aware that the President and Congress were distracted by Impeachment proceedings. I'm not, however, going to argue who's fault THAT was. That's another bag of rotting dead worms.
*** Congress knew on Feb. 5 ?? Oh, SO THEY HAD THE BUDGET REQUESTS FROM ALL OF THE AGENCIES THAT WOULD NEED FUNDING ??!! Oh, wait !! I guess that they would have had to wait for all of the them to prepare the spending requests needed to draft the Bill You DO know that about the requests that would have to come from the Executive Branch, right ?

Congress didn't drop any ball. When the US decided , TWICE, to participate in Iraqi Wars....Congress had to wait on $$ requests from THE PENTAGON before a Bill could proceed.
Think.

*** Congress knew on Feb. 5 ?? Oh, SO THEY HAD THE BUDGET REQUESTS FROM ALL OF THE AGENCIES THAT WOULD NEED FUNDING ??!! Oh, wait !! I guess that they would have had to wait for all of the them to prepare the spending requests needed to draft the Bill You DO know that about the requests that would have to come from the Executive Branch, right ?

Congress didn't drop any ball. When the US decided , TWICE, to participate in Iraqi Wars....Congress had to wait on $$ requests from THE PENTAGON before a Bill could proceed.
Think.
You need a refresher on your civics.

1). Any member in the House of Representatives may introduce a bill at any time while the House is in session. It does not require the President to request funds in order to make law. Did you know that Republicans tried repeatedly to repeal the ACA when Obama was President? Do you think Obama "requested" any of those bills to be introduced? Absolutely not. Why? Because Congress does not need the Executive branch to request bills to be introduced for Congress to introduce them.
Think.

2). Your examples of the US going to WAR in Iraq is vastly different from Congress appropriating funds to hospitals to PURCHASE MASKS and PPE. Of course Congress needed guidance from the Pentagon on how the cost of invading foreign soil and to conduct a war. I'm talking about appropriating funds for States and Hospitals to obtain masks and PPE, not fighter jets and tanks. There's a difference. Think.

sounds like this stuff is snake oil. It is very dangerous for people to promote a drug without any real studies behind it. I wish trump would quit peddling this bullshi! as his lies are causing people to die now. Not so cute anymore.

https://news.yahoo.com/small-trial-finds-hydroxychloroquine-not-124054137.html
You've lost your fuc88ng mind. You're the first as I predicted would go completely over the edge. This drug has been vetted, trialed, and used for years.

You've lost your fuc88ng mind. You're the first as I predicted would go completely over the edge. This drug has been vetted, trialed, and used for years.

Not for treating the trump virus you loon. Congrats on destroying the Obama economy. I’m sure you are enjoying that.

Last edited:
Dr Fauci has already answered the question numerous times. He thinks you should wait for clinical trial results. How many times does he need to answer the same question?

The drug Trump is talking about is the one that is most widely prescribed worldwide for Coronavirus. Trump is of the opinion you shouldn't wait two months to determine whether a drug definitely works during a worldwide pandemic where people don't have two months to wait. Especially for a drug that has proven to be safe for decades (obviously no drug is 100% safe with zero side effects)
I understand where Fauci is coming from and he speaks for a lot of people in the medical community. I also understand where Trump is coming from. Some dr's agree with Trump and some patients and their families would prefer to try experimental treatments.

To each their own. I don't think Trump needs to talk about it 5 times in one press conference (vbg), but there are a lot of people that would prefer to take experimental drugs with anecdotal evidence of sometimes working....as opposed to no drug treatment.

See my other thread. Navarro is getting involved here. We are seriously screwed.

Navarro has been proven right on one thing. He has been fighting for three years to return key parts of the manufacturing sector back to the U.S. from China. That was considered "on the fringe" by the mainstream economists.

Here's guessing a lot of mainstream economists will suddenly flip flop on that topic. I think everyone understands the national security risk now.

Its possible Navarro sucks at everything else related to economics, but on that rather key point he has been proven right....and mainstream economists look like fools.

Last edited:
Navarro has been proven right on one thing. He has been fighting for three years to return key parts of the manufacturing sector back to the U.S. from China. That was considered "on the fringe" by the mainstream economists.

Here's guessing a lot of mainstream economists will suddenly flip flop on that topic. I think everyone understands the national security risk now.

Its possible Navarro sucks at everything else related to economics, but on that rather key point he has been proven right....and mainstream economists look like fools.

BSIT said that we are too reliant on foreign countries for drugs. Maybe he should run the Coronavirus task force.

Jared did a great job finding him on Amazon.

BSIT said that we are too reliant on foreign countries for drugs. Maybe he should run the Coronavirus task force.

Jared did a great job finding him on Amazon.

So I'll take it you agree now that it's a National Security risk to rely too much on China manufacturing? Or are you still with the mainstream economists on this one?

So I'll take it you agree now that it's a National Security risk to rely too much on China manufacturing? Or are you still with the mainstream economists on this one?

I think medical supplies at some level can be shown to be strategic. Not sure manufacturing is ever coming back to the US at any substantial level unless it is done by robots.

I also think a trade war was a bad idea in a good economy and a terrible idea in a bad economy.

The President's own words strike me as simply a total abrogation of leadership and would further seem to void any claim that the President may purport to have related to successfully protecting the country during these times.

Haha the daily beast...
Hahaha you keep posting more meaningless anecdotal evidence. Quit being the sucker. You sound like a low iq trumptard when you dispute the source and not the facts. This is why we laugh at you!

Last edited:
Reactions: PUBV
Hahaha you keep posting more meaningless anecdotal evidence. You sound like a low iq trumptard when you dispute the source and not the facts.
Luv people touting the anecdotal stories, especially the ones that promote a Lazarus effect. “I was ready to die, took a single oral dose, and woke up the next day and was fine” “I took an oral dose, and within 2 hours I felt better.” C’mon sheeple, let the trials continue, gather the info, and hopefully HCQ will prove beneficial.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Luv people touting the anecdotal stories, especially the ones that promote a Lazarus effect. “I was ready to die, took a single oral dose, and woke up the next day and was fine” “I took an oral dose, and within 2 hours I felt better.” C’mon sheeple, let the trials continue, gather the info, and hopefully HCQ will prove beneficial.
The drug has been proven safe to use. It evidently works as there is proof of such. But then, if it works, Trump's right again, and he gets reelected. And you, Dubs, and The Pox have to find that right place to leap from......a really high place.

Reactions: vinsar
The drug has been proven safe to use. It evidently works as there is proof of such. But then, if it works, Trump's right again, and he gets reelected. And you, Dubs, and The Pox have to find that right place to leap from......a really high place.

LOL. You still think he will get re-elected after he botched the slow moving virus that collapsed America. It’s looking more and more like a electoral college landslide come November as Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and Pennsylvania lean blue. Good luck getting lucky again! Maybe Hilary will run again!

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I think you would be more apt to leap from a high place because you are so swayed by anecdotal evidence and are thus easily manipulated. Evidently your proof is personal testimonials, I’m assuming your house is loaded with gimmicky gym equipment, vitamins, and herbal remedies. Simple folks gonna be simple. As I said, I’ll wait for scientific evidence, hopefully HCQ will be of some use

The following is the abstract of the non-peer reviewed study of Wuhan patients from February dealing with Hydroxychloroquine treatment -

Aims:
Studies have indicated that chloroquine (CQ) shows antagonism against COVID-19 in vitro. However, evidence regarding its effects in patients is limited. This study aims to evaluate the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of patients with COVID-19.

Main methods:
From February 4 to February 28, 2020, 62 patients suffering from COVID-19 were diagnosed and admitted to Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University. All participants were randomized in a parallel-group trial, 31 patients were assigned to receive an additional 5-day HCQ (400 mg/d) treatment, Time to clinical recovery (TTCR), clinical characteristics, and radiological results were assessed at baseline and 5 days after treatment to evaluate the effect of HCQ.

Key findings:
For the 62 COVID-19 patients, 46.8% (29 of 62) were male and 53.2% (33 of 62) were female, the mean age was 44.7 (15.3) years. No difference in the age and sex distribution between the control group and the HCQ group. But for TTCR, the body temperature recovery time and the cough remission time were significantly shortened in the HCQ treatment group. Besides, a larger proportion of patients with improved pneumonia in the HCQ treatment group (80.6%, 25 of 32) compared with the control group (54.8%, 17 of 32). Notably, all 4 patients progressed to severe illness that occurred in the control group. However, there were 2 patients with mild adverse reactions in the HCQ treatment group.

Significance:
Among patients with COVID-19, the use of HCQ could significantly shorten TTCR and promote the absorption of pneumonia

Hopefully safe for the specific patient. Here's an explanation from Guidance on patients at risk of drug-induced sudden cardiac death from off-label COVID-19 treatments by Mayo Cardiologist Michael Ackerman (Link to Guidance)

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
This is a LINK to download the pdf of the Marseille, France study on the use of hydroxychloroquine in combination with azithromycin as a therapeutic from early March.
There is also a publication with thoughts on that Gautret paper in Science Integrity Digest at this LINK
I also came across a fairly in depth article from CNet that deals with Covid vaccines and therapies accessible through this LINK

Heads up, your first link is blocked by firefox and uBlock Origin for malware/redirects. My browser wouldn't allow me to go there.

Your second link is a patreon blog.

You third link is good but uses the fish tank cleaner couple as a negative.

This is the type of shit Tony was talking about in another thread.

Congratulations on your google search.

Last edited:
Heads up, your first link is blocked by firefox and uBlock Origin for malware/redirects. My browser wouldn't allow me to go there.

The 1st link is a pdf download of the actual report from the official journal of the International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, which is the positive report on the drug usage.
The second report is what it is.
The 3rd link is a fairly lengthy piece on many of the proposed vaccines and therapies.
Congratutions on your posts about treatments and vaccines also. Well done.

And I would hasten to add, that based on the French report as well as my earlier linked original positive Chinese Report, I actually think the hydroxychloroquine therapy may very well prove positive.
While, without question, I detest President Trump for reasons that I have regularly mentioned, I am neither stupid, unread, unfeeling of the horrors of Covid, hoping for a bust in treatment, nor posting only negative reports dealing with potential treatments.

My problem isn't with the potential treatment but with the irresponsible method that the President has opted to utilize.
To me, the more appropriate approach would have been to:
- Mention that there is an interesting possibilty of a therapy using a drug treatment already in use for a different disease
- Direct FDA to allow en masse clinical testing since there is a base of a large number of stricken
- Ask/direct CDC to provided a directive for use in such a large scale clinical trial
- Announce to the public the success, or failure, in clinical testing.
But of course that would require some self constraint and belief in the scientific process, neither of which are terribly resident in our President.

You need a refresher on your civics.

1). Any member in the House of Representatives may introduce a bill at any time while the House is in session. It does not require the President to request funds in order to make law. Did you know that Republicans tried repeatedly to repeal the ACA when Obama was President? Do you think Obama "requested" any of those bills to be introduced? Absolutely not. Why? Because Congress does not need the Executive branch to request bills to be introduced for Congress to introduce them.
Think.

2). Your examples of the US going to WAR in Iraq is vastly different from Congress appropriating funds to hospitals to PURCHASE MASKS and PPE. Of course Congress needed guidance from the Pentagon on how the cost of invading foreign soil and to conduct a war. I'm talking about appropriating funds for States and Hospitals to obtain masks and PPE, not fighter jets and tanks. There's a difference. Think.
1) Of course House rules permit the introduction of bills by members. How many of the important ones make it to the floor without committee assignations and direction from House leadership ? A SPENDING BILL needs a breakdown of items to be included in that spending. How can Congress begin passage maneuvers without imput from the agencies needing that funding ?? That's hardly comparable to a bill fighting the de-authorization of the ACA !!
2) Consider the example of bills for military spending in wartime to be a poor one.

Last edited:
1) A SPENDING BILL needs a breakdown of items to be included in that spending. How can Congress introduce that kind of bill without imput from the agencies needing that funding ?? That's hardly comparable to a bill fighting the de-authorization of the ACA !!
2) Consider the example of bills for military spending in wartime to be a poor one.
You and I can both agree that Congress is smart enough to figure that out.

Congress is comprised of elected representatives who are in constant contact with constituents in their home state along with state representatives and their governors. They have the ability and capability to obtain the breakdown of items their state needs by doing their job and representing their state and their needs while in Congress. If their state needs PPE, equipment and supplies, it's their job to go to Congress and get what they need. It's their entire job - they don't need the Executive Branch to tell them what their own constituents need.

Congress is comprised of elected representatives who are in constant contact with constituents in their home state along with state representatives and their governors. They have the ability and capability to obtain the breakdown of items their state needs by doing their job and representing their state and their needs while in Congress. If their state needs PPE, equipment and supplies, it's their job to go to Congress and get what they need. It's their entire job - they don't need the Executive Branch to tell them what their own constituents need.
Are aware of how Mitch determines what bills he will allow to come before the Senate? He has said.......numerous times.......he will not bring a bill up unless he is sure Trump will sign it. The Senate no longer functions independently as it pertains to legislation. Mitch has turned the reigns over to trump. Pre-approval is necessary.

An individual senator is not gonna a bill for relief passed for just his state. They're gonna be package deals. If a democratic senator sponsors a bill for relief it goes nowhere without a pub on board and an ok from Trump. You're pushing some serious oversimplification.

With the onset of the global pandemic in the US, I rather doubt that INDIVIDUAL House Reps. are going to be tasked with the responsibility of gathering necessary input for ALL FOUR HUNDRED THIRTY-FIVE House districts.....in putting together a spending bill covering the entire country's needs.
It would appear that something of that magnitude would require a great deal of imput from multiple sources...especially those involved in US Public Health responsibilities, who work for Agencies that are part of the Executive Branch of government. All of the STATE agencies that gather info. from their medical professionals and hospitals likewise are heavily involved in these efforts.
Congress is ultimately the source of funding. And the White House the center of the efforts to put together the sizeable team who will fight the pandemic.

Are aware of how Mitch determines what bills he will allow to come before the Senate? He has said.......numerous times.......he will not bring a bill up unless he is sure Trump will sign it. The Senate no longer functions independently as it pertains to legislation. Mitch has turned the reigns over to trump. Pre-approval is necessary.

An individual senator is not gonna a bill for relief passed for just his state. They're gonna be package deals. If a democratic senator sponsors a bill for relief it goes nowhere without a pub on board and an ok from Trump. You're pushing some serious oversimplification.
This is 100% true - Trump owns the Senate - they are scared of him like the boogie man under their bed.

But there is no excuse for the democratic House not to even introduce a single bill? Not one?

With the onset of the global pandemic in the US, I rather doubt that INDIVIDUAL House Reps. are going to be tasked with the responsibility of gathering necessary input for ALL FOUR HUNDRED THIRTY-FIVE House districts.....in putting together a spending bill covering the entire country's needs.
It would appear that something of that magnitude would require a great deal of imput from multiple sources...especially those involved in US Public Health responsibilities, who work for Agencies that are part of the Executive Branch of government. All of the STATE agencies that gather info. from their medical professionals and hospitals likewise are heavily involved in these efforts.
Congress is ultimately the source of funding. And the White House the center of the efforts to put together the sizeable team who will fight the pandemic.
If individual Congressional members can't be moved during a global pandemic to figure out how much PPE their state needs, then perhaps you are right - Congress didn't drop the ball, they never had the capacity to play ball in the beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT