ADVERTISEMENT

Hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 Treatment Update

If individual Congressional members can't be moved during a global pandemic to figure out how much PPE their state needs, then perhaps you are right - Congress didn't drop the ball, they never had the capacity to play ball in the beginning.
Exactly what I've been trying to say !! Congress, in these situations, is not given the ball to begin with !!

If individual Congressional members can't be moved during a global pandemic to figure out how much PPE their state needs, then perhaps you are right - Congress didn't drop the ball, they never had the capacity to play ball in the beginning.
this should never be up to congressional members. This is a function of the Governor's role, and only if he can't get what he needs should he ask the Federal Government to help.

Amazing that you'd post this.

Please see the highlighted facts:

The pill didn’t help patients clear the virus better than standard care and was much more likely to cause side effects, according to a study of 150 hospitalized patients by doctors at 16 centers in China. The research, which hasn’t been peer-reviewed, was released Tuesday.

The drug did help alleviate some clinical symptoms of Covid-19, however, and the patients who took it showed a greater drop in C-reactive protein, a measure of inflammation.

“When testing new treatments, we are looking for signals that show that they might be effective before proceeding to larger studies,” said Allen Cheng, an infectious diseases physician and a professor of epidemiology at Melbourne’s Monash University. “This study doesn’t show any signal, so it is probably unlikely that it will be of clinical benefit.”

There were more side effects in the group of 75 people who took hydroxychloroquine, but they were mostly mild, the most common being diarrhea. The researchers, led by Wei Tang of Ruijin Hospital in Shanghai, wrote that the medicine’s anti-inflammatory effects probably helped alleviate patients’ symptoms.

Amazing that you'd post this.

Please see the highlighted facts:

The pill didn’t help patients clear the virus better than standard care and was much more likely to cause side effects, according to a study of 150 hospitalized patients by doctors at 16 centers in China. The research, which hasn’t been peer-reviewed, was released Tuesday.

The drug did help alleviate some clinical symptoms of Covid-19, however, and the patients who took it showed a greater drop in C-reactive protein, a measure of inflammation.

“When testing new treatments, we are looking for signals that show that they might be effective before proceeding to larger studies,” said Allen Cheng, an infectious diseases physician and a professor of epidemiology at Melbourne’s Monash University. “This study doesn’t show any signal, so it is probably unlikely that it will be of clinical benefit.”

There were more side effects in the group of 75 people who took hydroxychloroquine, but they were mostly mild, the most common being diarrhea. The researchers, led by Wei Tang of Ruijin Hospital in Shanghai, wrote that the medicine’s anti-inflammatory effects probably helped alleviate patients’ symptoms.

You are predictable. I didn't post my disclaimer in this thread but obviously I should have.

The fact that you added so many colors, bold font, different font sizes, and underlines though is impressive -- your formatting game is super strong.

yJrkqRG.png

Reactions: indy35
You are predictable. I didn't post my disclaimer in this thread but obviously I should have.

The fact that you added so many colors, bold font, different font sizes, and underlines though is impressive -- your formatting game is super strong.

yJrkqRG.png
If I make it crayonish, some on here understand it better. I just found it hypocritical that you'd post something with that many disclaimers already in the article.

This is confirmed by my wife. They got an update from the CEO over the weekend.

Novartis' malaria drug biggest hope against COVID-19, CEO says

Mar. 29, 2020 10:10 PM ET|About: Novartis AG (NVS)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

In an interview with SonntagsZeitung, Novartis (NYSE:NVS) CEO Vas Narasimhan says pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that its hydroxychloroquine malaria drug kills the coronavirus.

Vas Narasimhan says the company is working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of the drug, "but it's too early to say anything definitively."

The CEO says Novartis is recruiting patients for hydroxychloroquine in Europe and the U.S. for clinical studies and is in talks with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and Switzerland on whether the company will be granted rapid approval.

Novartis has pledged to donate 130M doses and is supporting clinical trials needed before the medicine, which Pres. Trump also has been promoting, can be approved for use against COVID-19.
Any updates?

Any updates?
Clinical trials started this week. A good friend of mine was hospitalized in Delaware with the virus after being very ill for 8-9 days. His doc gave him HCQ and Zithromax and he was home after three days.

If you legit want more examples and articles I'm game. If you're going to continue to be a jerk, forget it

• Haha
Reactions: Monkey Pox
Clinical trials started this week. A good friend of mine was hospitalized in Delaware with the virus after being very ill for 8-9 days. His doc gave him HCQ and Zithromax and he was home after three days.

If you legit want more examples and articles I'm game. If you're going to continue to be a jerk, forget it

Just noticed trump hasn’t been hyping it as much lately and saw a few studies that weren’t so favorable. I don’t care for anecdotal evidence so don’t bother there. I guess we are still at time well tell position we have been in. Hopefully one of these drugs will work.

The doctors were crazy that said people needed to slow down and wait for the results and the pushback was another deep state narrative to hurt Trump's reelection

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...oxychloroquine-use-finds-no-benefit-increased

Remember this that started the Fire Fauci movement?

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-h...use-01306286-0bbc-4042-9bfe-890413c6220d.html

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...ith-bureaucracy-over-hydroxychloroquine-hope/

https://www.oann.com/attorney-general-barr-media-waged-jihad-to-discredit-hydroxychloroquine/

Can we listen to the experts?

Reactions: indy35
The doctors were crazy that said people needed to slow down and wait for the results and the pushback was another deep state narrative to hurt Trump's reelection

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...oxychloroquine-use-finds-no-benefit-increased

Remember this that started the Fire Fauci movement?

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-h...use-01306286-0bbc-4042-9bfe-890413c6220d.html

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...ith-bureaucracy-over-hydroxychloroquine-hope/

https://www.oann.com/attorney-general-barr-media-waged-jihad-to-discredit-hydroxychloroquine/

Can we listen to the experts?
Scott Wapner, arguably the most liberal of anyone on CNBC short of Dan Nathan, was ripping the president and anyone speaking ++++ of Plaquenil tonight on their 7:00 show. I found that rich given that CNBC was the lead pony last week hyping the Gilead drug, when anyone who knows anything about the process was saying that "trial" was bogus. In the first two weeks of April, Big Pharma was 9 of the top 20 add buyers on NBC, CBS and ABC.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Scott Wapner, arguably the most liberal of anyone on CNBC short of Dan Nathan, was ripping the president and anyone speaking ++++ of Plaquenil tonight on their 7:00 show. I found that rich given that CNBC was the lead pony last week hyping the Gilead drug, when anyone who knows anything about the process was saying that "trial" was bogus. In the first two weeks of April, Big Pharma was 9 of the top 20 add buyers on NBC, CBS and ABC.

The reporter is dumb too Tony. You made my point. But unlike Fox, CNBC doesn’t actually drive policy and action from the Executive branch.

It is wrong to pump any treatment without testing. Especially ones you have invested in.

Results from a VA hospital study involving 368 patients don’t look good. HCQ recipients actually fared worse than those receiving standard care. Results need to be peer reviewed. More rigorous studies still underway

The reporter is dumb too Tony. You made my point. But unlike Fox, CNBC doesn’t actually drive policy and action from the Executive branch.

It is wrong to pump any treatment without testing. Especially ones you have invested in.
Totally agree with you. I don't watch Hannity much. He wears me out. I am just really jaded about how this treatment thing will play out. I absolutely don't trust big pharma.

No benefit and more deaths. But what the hell do you have to lose?
https://www.foxnews.com/science/cov...-showed-no-benefit-more-deaths-va-virus-study

No benefit and more deaths. But what the hell do you have to lose?
https://www.foxnews.com/science/cov...-showed-no-benefit-more-deaths-va-virus-study
That's what pisses me off about the FDA, Jim Cramer, etc. There are drugs that have been developed by small biotechs that appear to be working, but they get drug out by the FDA and then guys like Jim Cramer who says he's all in to "defeat the virus" flat out won't help these smaller companies because they are up Big Pharma's a**.

That's what pisses me off about the FDA, Jim Cramer, etc. There are drugs that have been developed by small biotechs that appear to be working, but they get drug out by the FDA and then guys like Jim Cramer who says he's all in to "defeat the virus" flat out won't help these smaller companies because they are up Big Pharma's a**.

The US as a whole is really sad. We are importing everything -- not everyone trying to ramp up American industry. I thought that was all coming back, no?

The US fumbled the testing from the get go.

Then you look at Germany who had testing ready to go, already doing antibody testing, and have already moved a vaccine to human trials.

I mean Congress and Trump just agreed to fund testing production. It was considered a "win" for Democrats. Why on earth is that a political victory for either? Why is this just not common sense?

This just doesn't seem that complicated...

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
There is an unfolding story in NYT
"A doctor says he was removed from his federal post after pressing for rigorous vetting of treatments embraced by Trump."

Excerpt:
"Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

Instead, he was given a narrower job at the National Institutes of Health. “I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in a statement to The Times’s Maggie Haberman.

“I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way,” he said."

"A doctor says he was removed from his federal post after pressing for rigorous vetting of treatments embraced by Trump."

Excerpt:
"Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

Instead, he was given a narrower job at the National Institutes of Health. “I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in a statement to The Times’s Maggie Haberman.

“I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way,” he said."

Foreshadowing of the press conference: "What administration put him in his position. Ohhhhh Obama!!!!"

Reactions: Bethboilerfan

Excerpt:

So the fast tracking of tests that detect the disease, drugs that might cure the disease and vaccines that might prevent the disease are technologies that lack scientific merit?
The government has already implemented suggested precautions.
Dr. Bright isn't so bright in my book.

More bad news on the chloroquine/HCQ front. JAMA cuts short a study involving chloroquine citing a primary outcome of death. This along with other reports of poisonings & potentially fatal side effects prompts FDA to issue warnings against using chloroquine & HCQ outside of controlled, well monitored hospital trials. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had also pulled its guidance for using HCQ for COVID 19, no longer offering any dosing recommendations. And, earlier this week, an NIH panel of experts recommended not using HCQ & azithromycin to treat the illness citing lack of evidence.
On an encouraging note, if you were able to find a quack doc to write you a prescription for HCQ, you can always use it before your next trip to a country with malaria

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Totally agree with you. I don't watch Hannity much. He wears me out. I am just really jaded about how this treatment thing will play out. I absolutely don't trust big pharma.
I don't trust big Med Tony. When hospitals find an empty bed, they're looking for ways to fill it. Pharma, Docs, Insurance, and Medical facilities are all in cahoots.

This is confirmed by my wife. They got an update from the CEO over the weekend.

Novartis' malaria drug biggest hope against COVID-19, CEO says

Mar. 29, 2020 10:10 PM ET|About: Novartis AG (NVS)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

In an interview with SonntagsZeitung, Novartis (NYSE:NVS) CEO Vas Narasimhan says pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that its hydroxychloroquine malaria drug kills the coronavirus.

Vas Narasimhan says the company is working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of the drug, "but it's too early to say anything definitively."

The CEO says Novartis is recruiting patients for hydroxychloroquine in Europe and the U.S. for clinical studies and is in talks with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and Switzerland on whether the company will be granted rapid approval.

Novartis has pledged to donate 130M doses and is supporting clinical trials needed before the medicine, which Pres. Trump also has been promoting, can be approved for use against COVID-19.

Looks like this is just more trump bullshit. When will you guys ever learn? What has happen to the modern day Republican Party. I hear lysol might be more effective.

Reactions: BleedinGold
More bad news on the chloroquine/HCQ front. JAMA cuts short a study involving chloroquine citing a primary outcome of death. This along with other reports of poisonings & potentially fatal side effects prompts FDA to issue warnings against using chloroquine & HCQ outside of controlled, well monitored hospital trials. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had also pulled its guidance for using HCQ for COVID 19, no longer offering any dosing recommendations. And, earlier this week, an NIH panel of experts recommended not using HCQ & azithromycin to treat the illness citing lack of evidence.
On an encouraging note, if you were able to find a quack doc to write you a prescription for HCQ, you can always use it before your next trip to a country with malaria
The problem with some of these studies for both the Remdisvir and HCQ is they have been focusing on treatment once a Coronavirus patient is already in critical shape. Any treatment for any serious disease/ injury is likely to have a "primary outcome" of death if treatment isn't administered until a patient is in bad shape.

A Dr in New York identifies high risk group as people over 60 with underlying conditions. For that high risk group upon Coronvirus diagnosis he immediately puts them on HCQ (with azithromycin & zinc). His claims are out of 400 patients from high risk group ....only 2 deaths.

That doesn't mean the drug works. It could be coincidence. But other Dr's have said they have had success. So in order to determine whether it works, do a clinical study on early treatment with hydroxy & a similar early treatment study with Remdisvir (and other potential treatments)

If a Coronavirus patient is in critical condition and given tylenol...and dies next day. It probably isn't the tylenol that killed him, and it shouldn't prevent Dr's from prescribing tylenol to patients with mild Coronavirus symptoms to help ease the pain.

What's your Facebook friend have to say about all of this ?
Which FB Friend? I haven't asked anyone. What was charged and done when my wife was battling her Glioblastoma is proof enough for me that we'll never have cures. I used to believe that docs had morals, that hospitals were honest, and that they gave a shit about their patients. That all changed during her stays in Marion and Ft. Wayne. It's all about the treatment and never about the cure.+ With cures docs would be making regular money, hospitals would be broke, and big pharma would still be peddling.

The problem with some of these studies for both the Remdisvir and HCQ is they have been focusing on treatment once a Coronavirus patient is already in critical shape. Any treatment for any serious disease/ injury is likely to have a "primary outcome" of death if treatment isn't administered until a patient is in bad shape.

A Dr in New York identifies high risk group as people over 60 with underlying conditions. For that high risk group upon Coronvirus diagnosis he immediately puts them on HCQ (with azithromycin & zinc). His claims are out of 400 patients from high risk group ....only 2 deaths.

That doesn't mean the drug works. It could be coincidence. But other Dr's have said they have had success. So in order to determine whether it works, do a clinical study on early treatment with hydroxy & a similar early treatment study with Remdisvir (and other potential treatments)

If a Coronavirus patient is in critical condition and given tylenol...and dies next day. It probably isn't the tylenol that killed him, and it shouldn't prevent Dr's from prescribing tylenol to patients with mild Coronavirus symptoms to help ease the pain.

Which NY doc are you referring to? Please, please, please don’t tell me you are referring to dr “Zev” or “Kev”, the guy who assumed 90% of his community had the virus and thus the miraculous results. I would love to see his data published, along with his study design and data. The Tylenol analogy, I don’t even know what to say

Which NY doc are you referring to? Please, please, please don’t tell me you are referring to dr “Zev” or “Kev”, the guy who assumed 90% of his community had the virus and thus the miraculous results. I would love to see his data published, along with his study design and data. The Tylenol analogy, I don’t even know what to say

Dr. Zelenko. He said he is working on a large study with other Dr's and will release results soon. I have no idea if any of these potential treatments work. I do know the logic in some of these studies is extremely flawed. Cuomo had data showing 80%+ of Coronavirus patients put on ventilators end up dying. Hence my tylenol example. Its unlikely any drug is going to work consistently after a patient is on a ventilator in critical shape. Cuomo was talking about Coronavirus essentially causing people to die from heart issues.....before hydroxy was even being used in New York

Yeah, I know. I thought of that when I read it. But you never know what will work in combination.

I posted earlier about Andrographis Complex which I've used since my wife's illness. It has worked for me without fail on colds and flu and builds your immune system....which in turns fights invaders. And it's a herbal combination. Echinacea angustifolia root and Holy Basil. But I swear by it as do friends that I've shared with.

Which FB Friend? I haven't asked anyone. What was charged and done when my wife was battling her Glioblastoma is proof enough for me that we'll never have cures. I used to believe that docs had morals, that hospitals were honest, and that they gave a shit about their patients. That all changed during her stays in Marion and Ft. Wayne. It's all about the treatment and never about the cure.+ With cures docs would be making regular money, hospitals would be broke, and big pharma would still be peddling.

The FB post you evidently deleted. I was just having a little fun at your expense twin. I would never disrespect you through your beloved, may she forever be blessed, I just don't do that. I enjoy our back and forths.

Reactions: BSIT
The FB post you evidently deleted. I was just having a little fun at your expense twin. I would never disrespect you through your beloved, may she forever be blessed, I just don't do that. I enjoy our back and forths.
THanks....I try not to take this place seriously.. She was the love of my life man....I hope no one ever has to go through the agony of slowly watching a loved one die like she did. One of my greatest memories is of my oldest grandson during his 9-12 year old time line would show up at our front door and ask, "Grandma, my mom's tired of me and told me to come over here so you can love me." He's now an "adult" and we talk about that time a lot.

As for the Andrographis, I've started taking it again during this virus phase and I still swear by it.

Reactions: PurdueFan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT