ADVERTISEMENT

AMA Rescinds Previous Statement Against Prescription of Hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 Patients

PA Boilermakers

Sophomore
Dec 6, 2004
Milford, PA
CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA), in a surprising move, has officially rescinded a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, giving physicians the okay to return to utilizing the medication at their discretion.
Previously, the AMA had issued a statement in March that was highly critical of HCQ in regards to its use as a proposed treatment by some physicians in the early stages of COVID-19. In addition to discouraging doctors from ordering the medication in bulk for “off-label” use – HCQ is typically used to treat diseases such as malaria – they also claimed that there was no proof that it was effective in treating COVID, and that its use could be harmful in some instances.
However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.
So, there we have it. HZQ could not be approved before the election, because President Trump had recommended it. Meanwhile, with an 8o +% reduced risk of having to be admitted to the hospital if administered with Azitromycine and Zinc as soon as testing positive or symptoms occurred, many (70000+) lives could have been saved.

CHICAGO, IL – The American Medical Association (AMA), in a surprising move, has officially rescinded a previous statement against the use of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the treatment of COVID-19 patients, giving physicians the okay to return to utilizing the medication at their discretion.
Previously, the AMA had issued a statement in March that was highly critical of HCQ in regards to its use as a proposed treatment by some physicians in the early stages of COVID-19. In addition to discouraging doctors from ordering the medication in bulk for “off-label” use – HCQ is typically used to treat diseases such as malaria – they also claimed that there was no proof that it was effective in treating COVID, and that its use could be harmful in some instances.
However, on page 18 of a recent AMA memo, issued on October 30, (resolution 509, page 3) the organization officially reversed their stance on HCQ, stating that its potential for good currently may supersede the threat of any potential harmful side effects.
So, there we have it. HZQ could not be approved before the election, because President Trump had recommended it. Meanwhile, with an 8o +% reduced risk of having to be admitted to the hospital if administered with Azitromycine and Zinc as soon as testing positive or symptoms occurred, many (70000+) lives could have been saved.

"In a surprising move"

Doesn't surprise me....they made this political for the election. Election over....thus no need to lie or use this as a mediical political football anymore....

Predictable.

Reactions: BSIT
Reactions: gr8indoorsman
Care to address why you keep posting fake news?

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Monkey Pox
"In a surprising move"

Doesn't surprise me....they made this political for the election. Election over....thus no need to lie or use this as a mediical political football anymore....

Predictable.
Reminds me, Beth, I think the following is what Victor Davis Hanson was referring to in his excellent recent essay that you said was full of fallacies:

"Initially, Anticov will focus on drugs where large-scale randomised clinical trials could provide missing efficacy data in mild-to-moderate patients. The trial will begin testing, against a control arm ... and the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, which remains the standard of care for Covid-19 today in numerous African countries." (last paragraph in link)

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...clinical-trial-launched-by-13-country-network

This is fake news. Sort of like the case being on the Supreme Court docket. 😂

Predictable.

When you read the information carefully enough, you will find that AMA has changed their minds. The reference committee provides strong evidence for HCQ treatment in the early infection phase of COVID-19.
https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf (Resolution 509, page 2)

The board refused to rescind the statement only because they wanted to avoid their embarrassment. Therefore, they retained the statement and reaffirmed the H-120.988 policy to emphasize the doctor’s autonomous right to prescribe. We know what that means. 😂 This is just a word game.
https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-11/nov20-ref-com-e-annotated.pdf (page 16)

These experts are good at playing word games but they failed to help COVID-19 patients. Sad truth.

BTW, have you read the Hunter Biden report released by the Senate Homeland Security and Senate Finance Committee on 9/23?
If you read it, you will know who is selling our country.
https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC - Finance Joint Report 2020.09.23.pdf

Reactions: Riveting
When you read the information carefully enough, you will find that AMA has changed their minds. The reference committee provides strong evidence for HCQ treatment in the early infection phase of COVID-19.
https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf (Resolution 509, page 2)

The board refused to rescind the statement only because they wanted to avoid their embarrassment. Therefore, they retained the statement and reaffirmed the H-120.988 policy to emphasize the doctor’s autonomous right to prescribe. We know what that means. 😂 This is just a word game.
https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-11/nov20-ref-com-e-annotated.pdf (page 16)

These experts are good at playing word games but they failed to help COVID-19 patients. Sad truth.

BTW, have you read the Hunter Biden report released by the Senate Homeland Security and Senate Finance Committee on 9/23?
https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC - Finance Joint Report 2020.09.23.pdf
This is a damning report. Why wasn't it made public before the election?
Does everyone hate Trump? Is Trump corrupt and just good at covering it up?
Or are there a bunch of politicians in this together?
How can anyone so compromised be OTUS?

Bottom line is it wasn’t rescinded as OP claimed. He also claimed the Texas case was on the Supreme Court docket. He has a history of posting fake news.

you can take your radical right spin and conspiracy theories elsewhere. We have enough of it over the last 4 years. It’s not that hard to admit you were wrong. Your party has done enough damage to this country. That’s why the majority is moving on.

Last edited:
Bottom line is it wasn’t rescinded as OP claimed. He also claimed the Texas case was on the Supreme Court docket. He has a history of posting fake news.

you can take your radical right spin and conspiracy theories elsewhere. We have enough of it over the last 4 years. It’s not that hard to admit you were wrong. Your party has done enough damage to this country. That’s why the majority is moving on.

AMA experts fooled the American people. They don't care about COVID-19 patients at all. If you don't want to be a slave to the elite, this is what you should worry about.

If the majority in the United States think that Biden’s corrupt transactions with other countries are okay, then
we deserve a Communist despotism country.

• Haha
This is a damning report. Why wasn't it made public before the election?
Does everyone hate Trump? Is Trump corrupt and just good at covering it up?
Or are there a bunch of politicians in this together?
How can anyone so compromised be OTUS?
The report was released on 9/23 before the election.

The report was released on 9/23 before the election.
But was it released to the public?
I would have thought that would have been front and center for every news organization.
The Washington Post released information and Fox was reporting on it but no one said it was released by the Senate.
It was debunked as Russian mis-information. Why did no one reveal the Senate Sources.
I have followed this story pretty closely and didn't know it was released by the Senate Homeland Security and Senate Finance Committee.
I guess even Trump couldn't drain the swamp.

AMA experts fooled the American people. They don't care about COVID-19 patients at all. If you don't want to be a slave to the elite, this is what you should worry about.

If the majority in the United States think that Biden’s corrupt transactions with other countries are okay, then
we deserve a Communist despotism country.

The powers of a high school degree.
897684469ff40523ead185cfd37b4c94_w200.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: indy35
But was it released to the public?
I would have thought that would have been front and center for every news organization.
The Washington Post released information and Fox was reporting on it but no one said it was released by the Senate.
It was debunked as Russian mis-information. Why did no one reveal the Senate Sources.
I have followed this story pretty closely and didn't know it was released by the Senate Homeland Security and Senate Finance Committee.
I guess even Trump couldn't drain the swamp.
If you read this report before the election, will you vote for Biden?

Last edited:
you definitely don’t need one with all the bs you have been spewing lately.

Care to address why you keep posting fake news?
Awwwwww am I in your head, Bloomington boy? Didn't know a big tough guy like you was so thin-skinned. Changing your avatar once again and using mine. How pathetic but par for the course from you.

If you read this report before the election, will you vote for Biden?
When Biden asked Kamala to be VP he lost me.
When he raised his hand to give illegal immigrants free medical insurance he lost me.
Biden has turned way to liberal for me.
I was going to vote for Trump regardless.

• Haha
When Biden asked Kamala to be VP he lost me.
When he raised his hand to give illegal immigrants free medical insurance he lost me.
Biden has turned way to liberal for me.
I was going to vote for Trump regardless.

I don’t like those two things either but I simply could not take another four years of Trump. He just was not the right person for the job. It happens.

Fake news.
I hopes so. But I’m afraid the truth is not what we hoped.
These countries are not idiots. Why would they send tens of millions of dollars to a drug addict? We know that every dollar they pay is in exchange for huge benefits. What can only Hunter Biden sell to them?

Reactions: Riveting
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT