ADVERTISEMENT

Hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 Treatment Update

Dr. Zelenko. He said he is working on a large study with other Dr's and will release results soon. I have no idea if any of these potential treatments work. I do know the logic in some of these studies is extremely flawed. Cuomo had data showing 80%+ of Coronavirus patients put on ventilators end up dying. Hence my tylenol example. Its unlikely any drug is going to work consistently after a patient is on a ventilator in critical shape. Cuomo was talking about Coronavirus essentially causing people to die from heart issues.....before hydroxy was even being used in New York
I guess I’m confused by the Tylenol bit because it’s based on what people who believe in anecdotes over scientific study pin their hopes on. Using that logic, you can say that dose of Tylenol the patient got before death must have killed him or, that dose of Tylenol they got before waking from their coma must have saved them. Or, I took a dose of HCQ, and within hours I was better. Or, I’ve given HCQ/Azi/Zn to hundreds of people and they’ve all lived. Are you more influenced by anecdotal evidence or scientific evidence?

I guess I’m confused by the Tylenol bit because it’s based on what people who believe in anecdotes over scientific study pin their hopes on. Using that logic, you can say that dose of Tylenol the patient got before death must have killed him or, that dose of Tylenol they got before waking from their coma must have saved them. Or, I took a dose of HCQ, and within hours I was better. Or, I’ve given HCQ/Azi/Zn to hundreds of people and they’ve all lived. Are you more influenced by anecdotal evidence or scientific evidence?

There have been no scientific studies on tylenol and Covid 19. It is assumed safe because it's long term safety record. It isn't being used as a potential cure, rather to lessen pain.

Hydroxy has been used in United States since 1955. Like tylenol.....It has a very safe track record....especially when given for short term.

I don't have any idea if Hydroxy is effective for Covid 19. There is anecdotal evidence when given early to high risk Covid 19 patients....it has helped.

Last I read it was the most prescribed drug around the world for Covid 19. The focus in scientific trials for hydroxy or any treatment should be,....is it safe and effective when given early on for Covid 19?

Instead the observational trials in US so far that have released results....have been for late stage treatment. If we waited until late stage to treat any disease ....we wouldn't have many treatments that work. When given early we have a lot of drug treatments that help with a lot of diseases.

There have been no scientific studies on tylenol and Covid 19. It is assumed safe because it's long term safety record. It isn't being used as a potential cure, rather to lessen pain.

Hydroxy has been used in United States since 1955. Like tylenol.....It has a very safe track record....especially when given for short term.

I don't have any idea if Hydroxy is effective for Covid 19. There is anecdotal evidence when given early to high risk Covid 19 patients....it has helped.

Last I read it was the most prescribed drug around the world for Covid 19. The focus in scientific trials for hydroxy or any treatment should be,....is it safe and effective when given early on for Covid 19?

Instead the observational trials in US so far that have released results....have been for late stage treatment. If we waited until late stage to treat any disease ....we wouldn't have many treatments that work. When given early we have a lot of drug treatments that help with a lot of diseases.
I’m not the smartest pharmacist on the block, but I do know that Tylenol is not used to cure COVID 19, but thanks for pointing that out, I guess. Here’s hoping HCQ will be of some use, maybe to help patients post exposure, maybe prevent mild symptoms from getting worse. I think these studies are ongoing at the university of Minnesota right now

This is confirmed by my wife. They got an update from the CEO over the weekend.

Novartis' malaria drug biggest hope against COVID-19, CEO says
Mar. 29, 2020 10:10 PM ET|About: Novartis AG (NVS)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

In an interview with SonntagsZeitung, Novartis (NYSE:NVS) CEO Vas Narasimhan says pre-clinical studies in animals as well as the first data from clinical studies show that its hydroxychloroquine malaria drug kills the coronavirus.

Vas Narasimhan says the company is working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of the drug, "but it's too early to say anything definitively."

The CEO says Novartis is recruiting patients for hydroxychloroquine in Europe and the U.S. for clinical studies and is in talks with regulatory authorities in the U.S. and Switzerland on whether the company will be granted rapid approval.

Novartis has pledged to donate 130M doses and is supporting clinical trials needed before the medicine, which Pres. Trump also has been promoting, can be approved for use against COVID-19.

does your wife still confirm this? Sucker.

Reactions: PUBV
My quack doctor prescribed me a medicine cabinet full of it, I’m just biding my time, waiting for that proper moment to chug a bottle. Maybe one of the armchair docs on here can refresh me on that one precise moment when HCQ therapy is optimal

Reactions: Monkey Pox
NVS wants to do clinical trials here in Switzerland where there are plenty of people already infected. Their entire 130 million pill inventory is in the US so the first challenge is getting it released and shipped over here which is being worked on at the moment.

Hopefully, given the seriousness of this pandemic, this can all be accelerated. Trials apparently began in the US late last week and France either has or will very shortly approve its use. India is already using it

any update?

• Haha
Reactions: indy35
Clinical trials started this week. A good friend of mine was hospitalized in Delaware with the virus after being very ill for 8-9 days. His doc gave him HCQ and Zithromax and he was home after three days.

If you legit want more examples and articles I'm game. If you're going to continue to be a jerk, forget it

who is the jerk now? I demand an apology.

Reactions: 52 1/2
who is the jerk now? I demand an apology.
I'm guessing they banned you from the clown pants forum for being too intelligent for them, but you really can't keep up here. Please do go south with Coach Geese for the winter, and then stay there.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Not surprising that you don't understand anecdotal evidence vs. actual research. Where did you get your GED?
I was referring to anecdotal evidence. You couldn't understand that from my first sentence - the part about doctors using it successfully on covid patients, with no mention of research results? How could that have confused you so much that you resorted to a childish insult?

The point being that some people of science were agreeing with him based on their experience in using it.

You better call a lid on it for the day. I am sure Joe has.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Not surprising that you don't understand anecdotal evidence vs. actual research. Where did you get your GED?
Scientific data vs Fox prime time hosts. Gosh if you want to believe all those liberal scientists with their fancy experiments and data, you go right ahead.
Truth comes from all knowing people like Ingraham and Hannity.

Scientific data vs Fox prime time hosts. Gosh if you want to believe all those liberal scientists with their fancy experiments and data, you go right ahead.
Truth comes from all knowing people like Ingraham and Hannity.
Here is something in late March from all those liberal scientists at Oxford, showing there was a basis for what Trump was saying at the time. The FDA did not revoke emergency use authorization until June 15.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Where is the connection to Fox prime time that you are claiming, because it sounds like you are once more just spewing forth groupthink propaganda? Are you?

Reactions: SKYDOG
Here is something in late March from all those liberal scientists at Oxford, showing there was a basis for what Trump was saying at the time. The FDA did not revoke emergency use authorization until June 15.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Where is the connection to Fox prime time that you are claiming, because it sounds like you are once more just spewing forth groupthink propaganda? Are you?
Going to pretend that Fox wasn’t talking about the drug constantly?

Going to pretend that Fox wasn’t talking about the drug constantly?
No, but what if Fox was doing that? What does it matter in light of info like the Oxford and FDA links I gave you? Do you not believe what Oxford and FDA were saying?

Sounds like you might be watching Fox too much, or else the airport channel and NBC-Weinstein and their constant bashing of Fox.

nice non peer reviewed commentary from 2 authors that doesn’t necessarily represent the views from the institution per the little ole disclaimer at the end of the article

So what? The point was that some medical professionals were using the stuff and thus Trump was not making claims without some justification. And, the FDA did not revoke emergency use authorization until June 15.

You knee-jerks are going to miss Trump, but it is time to let TDS go and move on to BDS, Biden Dementia Syndrome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT