ADVERTISEMENT

Conservatives Against Trump

Or it’s an accurate representation of conservatives. Now we could argue on if they really are that way, or if they just have to act like it to justify their positions.
You are so jaundiced in your opinions. There are intelligent Rs, intelligent Ds, and intelligent independents.

You are so jaundiced in your opinions. There are intelligent Rs, intelligent Ds, and intelligent independents.
Ok, so you’d vote that there are smart Republicans, they just have to act dumb to provide cover for Trump. I disagree, I’m pretty sure all the smart Republicans have been jettisoned out of the party. The mouth breathers call them Never Trumpers now.

Ok, so you’d vote that there are smart Republicans, they just have to act dumb to provide cover for Trump. I disagree, I’m pretty sure all the smart Republicans have been jettisoned out of the party. The mouth breathers call them Never Trumpers now.
No, maybe they just disagree with D policies and the direction they want to take the country.

Some would say that Never Trumpers aren’t Republicans at all.

No, maybe they just disagree with D policies and the direction they want to take the country.

For the record, I voted for Mark Souder twice. He was moderate, worked with teachers, and was overall ok with unions. Then the TEA party threatened to label him a RINO and he appeased them. He resigned in disgrace after being caught in a woods banging someone not his wife. Then came the dolt Marlin Stutzman and I haven't voted a statewide, or districtwide R since. I do like Governor Holcomb.

For the record, I voted for Mark Souder twice. He was moderate, worked with teachers, and was overall ok with unions. Then the TEA party threatened to label him a RINO and he appeased them. He resigned in disgrace after being caught in a woods banging someone not his wife. Then came the dolt Marlin Stutzman and I haven't voted a statewide, or districtwide R since. I do like Governor Holcomb.
I am not very familiar with recent IN politicians in general.

I am not very familiar with recent IN politicians in general.

I get that. My point is I used to be able to find candidates from both sides of the isle that I could vote for. Today, outside of the county stuff (school board, county commissioners, judges), not so much.

Resorting to calling others stupid is a sign of weakness in the Land of Adults.
It's a perfectly serviceable word in the English language. If you prefer one of the useful synonyms of the word "stupid" to attach to yourself......we'll all be happy to accommodate you.

" Some would say 'that' " ??
Those who would are primarily identified as fools.

Warren=Liar.
Not really. She is a liar.

Elizabeth Warren has told lies in her lifetime.
New Palestine has told lies in his lifetime.
SDBoiler has told lies in his lifetime.

Add all of those lies up.

The forty-fifth President of the United States tells more lies every 24 hours than the three of you have
told in your lifetimes, combined.

One of you will have to burn in hell for all of the lies that were told.
Which one should you pick ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Elizabeth Warren has told lies in her lifetime.
New Palestine has told lies in his lifetime.
SDBoiler has told lies in his lifetime.

Add all of those lies up.

The forty-fifth President of the United States tells more lies every 24 hours than the three of you have
told in your lifetimes, combined.

One of you will have to burn in hell for all of the lies that were told.
Which one should you pick ??
God decides who goes to Heaven and who goes to hell.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
How 'bout you consider the obvious allegory in my post ?
Never mind. I think we both know the reason, do we not ?
I wouldn’t presume to understand your reasoning outside of your sheer contempt for President Trump. He’s not perfect, neither am I, and neither are you.

I wouldn’t presume to understand your reasoning outside of your sheer contempt for President Trump. He’s not perfect, neither am I, and neither are you.

If a poster began a comment, here, with " A priest..a rabbi..and a minister walked into a bar..."

would you be able to " PRESUME " it was probably a joke ??

That's what we thought....we'll just dial down the presumption of the awareness you might possess, going forward.....

If a poster began a comment, here, with " A priest..a rabbi..and a minister walked into a bar..."

would you be able to " PRESUME " it was probably a joke ??

That's what we thought....we'll just dial down the presumption of the awareness you might possess, going forward.....
No, the lack of presumption only applies to folks like you and indy35. You guys are so full of anger and rage, it’s actually quite sad.

No, the lack of presumption only applies to folks like you and indy35. You guys are so full of anger and rage, it’s actually quite sad.

Golly gee, SD !!

Anger & rage ??!! So help me God, my overwhelming first reaction to the majority of these Right-wing, Trump & Co.- defense posts is the comical entertainment value of it all. The fact that many of my posts then exhibit the applicable blowback dialog, just means that it all seems like so much fun.

Armchair psychology is not as easy at it looks, it would seem !

(speaking for myself, only)

Bryan Garner co-authored 2 books with Antonin Scalia: Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges and Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts. He's also the editor in chief of Black's Law Dictionary.
But, isn't it clear with those kinds of credentials that he simply is not a real conservative, but is a mere RINO poser?

Reactions: indy35
Amazing....he's now an independent. Which means he's still going to vote Repub most of the time.
I would suggest that Mr. Garner's future influence on politics will prove to be enormously more impactful than his SINGLE vote cast in any particular election.....

Amazing....he's now an independent. Which means he's still going to vote Repub most of the time.
Like many other people that are fed up with Trump and the current lawless Republican Party, I’d assume he’s likely to contribute to another blue wave like in 2018 or the big Democratic wins this year.

Probably but I suspect far less than you presume. I expect someone of that pedigree to decline to vote for anyone that can be shown to have remotely refused to disclaim the President's actions. His is a repudiation of the entire concept of the GOP protecting what he obviously believes to be wrongdoing of a Constitutional level.

Probably but I suspect far less than you presume. I expect someone of that pedigree to decline to vote for anyone that can be shown to have remotely refused to disclaim the President's actions. His is a repudiation of the entire concept of the GOP protecting what he obviously believes to be wrongdoing of a Constitutional level.
Or....he could be seeking attention too. Happens.

Or....he could be seeking attention too. Happens.
Many would suggest that a serious journalist's "attention seeking" is merely the endeavor to have as many people as possible seeking to read what they've written. If he just wanted " attention".....he could open a Twitter Account and regale followers with poorly written and defamatory tripe at every opportunity.....

Like many other people that are fed up with Trump and the current lawless Republican Party, I’d assume he’s likely to contribute to another blue wave like in 2018 or the big Democratic wins this year.
Who is fed up with whom? The general population is fed up with lying democrats and it is showing. I dont know how big the bubble you live in is but you might want to be adding on. The big Democratic wins? Where ? You just spout BS on here 24/7 like you have some greater being than the rest of the world. Better make 2 connecting bubbles for you and W to live together in whatever delusional world that is. Please, please both of you keep quoting the insanity hotlines. It makes both of you look even dumber every time you do it.

Who is fed up with whom? The general population is fed up with lying democrats and it is showing. I dont know how big the bubble you live in is but you might want to be adding on. The big Democratic wins? Where ? You just spout BS on here 24/7 like you have some greater being than the rest of the world. Better make 2 connecting bubbles for you and W to live together in whatever delusional world that is. Please, please both of you keep quoting the insanity hotlines. It makes both of you look even dumber every time you do it.
Literally nothing supports your position but that’s par for the course. Guess you missed the results of the 2018 elections. Sounds like you’re equally ignorant of the 2019 electors where Democrats won the Kentucky governorship, the Louisiana governorship, flipped the Virginia Senate and now have trifecta control of that state for the first time since 1994. Republican support in the suburbs has collapsed. Turns out that educated and decent people hate Trump and the dishonesty the Republican Party has to engage in in order to support him.

Literally nothing supports your position but that’s par for the course. Guess you missed the results of the 2018 elections. Sounds like you’re equally ignorant of the 2019 electors where Democrats won the Kentucky governorship, the Louisiana governorship, flipped the Virginia Senate and now have trifecta control of that state for the first time since 1994. Republican support in the suburbs has collapsed. Turns out that educated and decent people hate Trump and the dishonesty the Republican Party has to engage in in order to support him.
Matt Bevin was HIGHLY unpopular. If the Kentucky Rs had run almost anyone else, the D would have lost. As it was, Bevin came close to winning KY anyway, despite his unpopularity.

LA has a history of electing D governors.

VA has been turning from a Red state to a Purple state to a Blue State since the first term of the Obama years.

Your attempt to make these election results in 2019 all about Trump is highly specious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT