ADVERTISEMENT

Conservatives Against Trump

Matt Bevin was HIGHLY unpopular. If the Kentucky Rs had run almost anyone else, the D would have lost. As it was, Bevin came close to winning KY anyway, despite his unpopularity.

LA has a history of electing D governors.

VA has been turning from a Red state to a Purple state to a Blue State since the first term of the Obama years.

Your attempt to make these election results in 2019 all about Trump is highly specious.
So we can’t use 2018 or 2019 election results, can’t use polling/exit polling data. What do you suggest we use to tell the story that Trump and the Republican Party as a whole are secretly super popular?

Last edited:
So we can’t use 2018 or 2019 election results, can’t use polling/exit polling data. What do you suggest we use to tell the story that Trump and the Republican Party as a whole are secretly super popular?
You can use whatever you want. Just don’t extrapolate findings or trends like you did without taking the context of those local and state elections into account. Your narrative is to make all of the elections you cited about a referendum on Trump. That’s just not true.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
You can use whatever you want. Just don’t extrapolate findings or trends like you did without taking the context of those local and state elections into account. Your narrative is to make all of the elections you cited about a referendum on Trump. That’s just not true.
Keep telling yourself that if you want.

Literally nothing supports your position but that’s par for the course. Guess you missed the results of the 2018 elections. Sounds like you’re equally ignorant of the 2019 electors where Democrats won the Kentucky governorship, the Louisiana governorship, flipped the Virginia Senate and now have trifecta control of that state for the first time since 1994. Republican support in the suburbs has collapsed. Turns out that educated and decent people hate Trump and the dishonesty the Republican Party has to engage in in order to support him.
Please tell us all what illegal drugs you use so that we can avoid them. The out of power party usually wins one or both houses in off year elections. As for Kentucky, the GOP guy was an idiot. Louisiana....the Dem was very popular. Virginia....Northern Counties put the lib over the top.

Please tell us all what illegal drugs you use so that we can avoid them. The out of power party usually wins one or both houses in off year elections. As for Kentucky, the GOP guy was an idiot. Louisiana....the Dem was very popular. Virginia....Northern Counties put the lib over the top.
Keep telling yourself that, it'll make the tears all the sweeter in 2020.

Keep telling yourself that, it'll make the tears all the sweeter in 2020.
Let me help you out....

From Wiki....Thus, 36 governors are elected during midterm elections. ... Midterm elections usually see the president's party lose seats in Congress, and also frequently see the president's intraparty opponents gain control of one or both houses of Congress.

Understand it now?

Here's my question....will all you libs jump from the same bridge in lock step, or will you sneak away in the night and find one that's three feet over the water?

Let me help you out....

From Wiki....Thus, 36 governors are elected during midterm elections. ... Midterm elections usually see the president's party lose seats in Congress, and also frequently see the president's intraparty opponents gain control of one or both houses of Congress.

Understand it now?

Here's my question....will all you libs jump from the same bridge in lock step, or will you sneak away in the night and find one that's three feet over the water?

What about Trump's unpopularity gives you confidence in the next election? Will you ever feel bad that you gave up whatever little moral character and intellectual honesty you may have had (i'll assume you had a little at some point) to support a corrupt criminal. Will that ever register for you?

People are tired of Trump's lies, his narcissism, his ignorance, his criminality. More and more will come out with the continued investigations. Think Giuliani in handcuffs will help or hurt Trump's public perception?

Or....he could be seeking attention too. Happens.
Go read his tweet threads or articles about him to make a decision on the likelihood that he is a "publicity whore" and let us know your conclusion.
People who Tweet like this don't seem to me to fit your thought. (The joke actually is kinda funny and very appropriate to many threads on this Board)

What about Trump's unpopularity gives you confidence in the next election? Will you ever feel bad that you gave up whatever little moral character and intellectual honesty you may have had (i'll assume you had a little at some point) to support a corrupt criminal. Will that ever register for you?

People are tired of Trump's lies, his narcissism, his ignorance, his criminality. More and more will come out with the continued investigations. Think Giuliani in handcuffs will help or hurt Trump's public perception?
Dude, Trump has not done a thing "Criminal" in office. Rudy isn' going to jail. No Russian collusion. No quid pro quo. As for his being unpopular, his approval ratings have slowly, but steadily been rising. He's at 95% with GOP'er's and small business owners have him at 60%. Depending on which poll, most show an upward trend for POTUS DJT or at worse, holding where it's been.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Go read his tweet threads or articles about him to make a decision on the likelihood that he is a "publicity whore" and let us know your conclusion.
People who Tweet like this don't seem to me to fit your thought. (The joke actually is kinda funny and very appropriate to many threads on this Board)
YOu know....I try to avoid twitter...never been on it and don' have the time for it. I'd rather get my news eleswhere.

Keep telling yourself that if you want.
You actually think the D nominee is going to win the 2020 election? First of all who do you think the D nominee will be?

Second, do you think the Senate trial is going to end up finding Trump guilty?

What will you say when Schiff is compelled to testify? How do you think Hunter and Joe Biden will look when they are compelled to testify about Ukraine? What will happen when John Durham puts out his findings? (HINT: It won’t help the D cause.)

The House proceedings were a partisan sham. The American people see it for what it really was. Trump’s ratings have improved since the House started the proceedings.

You actually think the D nominee is going to win the 2020 election? First of all who do you think the D nominee will be?

What will you say when Schiff is compelled to testify? How do you think Hunter and Joe Biden will look when they are compelled to testify about Ukraine? What will happen when John Durham puts out his findings? (HINT: It won’t help the D cause.)

The House proceedings were a partisan sham. The American people see it for what it really was. Trump’s ratings have improved since the House started the proceedings.
Any of the front runners would be able to beat Trump. If Schiff testifies, it doesn't matter, the House impeachment hearing was completely by the book. Hunter and Joe won't have to testify, and it wouldn't matter anyway. That's a completely separate matter from Trump's crimes. Hanging your hopes on Durham now are you? The IG report was supposed to be the savior and it landed with a thud. Your thoughts about the impeachment hearings is completely wrong, there’s no way to think that Trump was helped by any of that.

We’re getting off track though, this thread is for discussing conservatives that have shown integrity in speaking out against Trump.

Any of the front runners would be able to beat Trump. If Schiff testifies, it doesn't matter, the House impeachment hearing was completely by the book. Hunter and Joe won't have to testify, and it wouldn't matter anyway. That's a completely separate matter from Trump's crimes. Hanging your hopes on Durham now are you? The IG report was supposed to be the savior and it landed with a thud. Your thoughts about the impeachment hearings is completely wrong, there’s no way to think that Trump was helped by any of that.

We’re getting off track though, this thread is for discussing conservatives that have shown integrity in speaking out against Trump.
Your brain is truly addled if you think any of that’s true. Bernie? No. Pocahontas? No. Biden? LMAO. Gay mayor? No. Face it, the Ds have no compelling candidates and they have even worse policy proposals.

The House impeachment proceedings were in no way, shape, or form by-the-book?

Schiff didn’t allow much of any Republican participation. Impeachments are supposed to be bipartisan affairs where both sides get to participate. That largely did not happen. Schiff wanted complete control of who could talk, who could be questioned, etc.

This was a partisan sham that was a waste of everyone’s time. Ds going home to their districts are getting yelled at by their constituents. The people know it was a sham, except in places like looney tunes CA and NYC.

The Bidens aren't going to testify lol. Just like Comey Clapper and Brennen aren't going to jail.
There are people that do have direct factual evidence that should testify but trump is stomping on the Constitution by blocking them.

Reactions: indy35
Your brain is truly addled if you think any of that’s true. Bernie? No. Pocahontas? No. Biden? LMAO. Gay mayor? No. Face it, the Ds have no compelling candidates and they have even worse policy proposals.

Schiff didn’t allow much of any Republican participation. Impeachments are supposed to be bipartisan affairs where both sides get to participate. That largely did not happen. Schiff wanted complete control of who could talk, who could be questioned, etc.

This was a partisan sham that was a waste of everyone’s time. Ds going home to their districts are getting yelled at by their constituents. The people know it was a sham, except in places like looney tunes CA and NYC.
Once again, you've been fooled by Republican lies instead of understanding the facts. Your characterization and understanding of the rules of the impeachment hearing is laughably wrong.I won't even touch your delusions about politicians having trouble with constituents outside CA and NYC.

Reactions: doubleyous
The vile and demeaning attitude of the President has become endemic to his supporters and virtually the entire Republican party. I'm sure grandparents are oh, so proud.
You don’t know a damn thing about me. Nice try though. BTW, all of my grandparents are dead, but I know this for certain. If they were still alive, the would be voting R now. The D party of today resembles nothing like their years. The were fond of FDR but socially conservative. They would be truly appalled by the LGBTQ movement, the Open Borders crowd, the absolute abandonment of the people of Christian faith for secular humanism, the utter disdain for the military and law enforcement......

They would say Trump was crude, but they would agree with his policies and say they Ds have truly gone off rails.

* Schiff had NO such control over House Intelligence Committee proceedings that precluded Republicans from having every opportunity to "participate", as you claim. LIST the breaches of protocols that you see as evidence of that !! No general BS: Specifics.
* Which Republican House members were denied their opportunity to "talk" ?? HUH ??
*" Partisan Sham ? "
What?...…..No "HOAX" ???? No "WITCH HUNT" ??? No "DISGRACE" ???.....slipping

Once again, you've been fooled by Republican lies instead of understanding the facts. Your characterization and understanding of the rules of the impeachment hearing is laughably wrong.I won't even touch your delusions about politicians having trouble with constituents outside CA and NYC.
You watch - the House is going to flip back to the Rs in 2020. Ds are very vulnerable and it has been highly documented that constituents are giving the libs an earful.

Ever hear of Jeff Van Drew in NJ? He’s switching parties for God’s sake.

You don’t know a damn thing about me. Nice try though. BTW, all of my grandparents are dead, but I know this for certain. If they were still alive, the would be voting R now. The D party of today resembles nothing like their years. The were fond of FDR but socially conservative. They would be truly appalled by the LGBTQ movement, the Open Borders crowd, the absolute abandonment of the people of Christian faith for secular humanism, the utter disdain for the military and law enforcement......

They would say Trump was crude, but they would agree with his policies and say they Ds have truly gone off rails.
So your grandparents found the LGBTQ population "appall(ing) " ??
Would you like to expand on that view and your degree of agreement with it ??
Or the party's "disdain" for the military ?? And law enforcement ??
Or the "abandonment" of Christians" ??
Enlighten us.

You watch - the House is going to flip back to the Rs in 2020. Ds are very vulnerable and it has been highly documented that constituents are giving the libs an earful.

Ever hear of Justin Amash? He already left the GOP for God's sake.

Highly documented by who? Trump is driving people away from the Republican party. Look for the Democrats to expand their majority.
You mean the guy that received terrible polling that he was going to get destroyed in a Democratic primary so he decided to switch parties? Yeah, I'm aware of him. Are you aware of Justin Amash? He took a moral stand in leaving the Republican party, he wasn't just trying to save his job.

Don't be so modest. You articulate your views quite clearly and the following words tell me and others a huge amount about you.
Your brain is truly addled if you think any of that’s true. Bernie? No. Pocahontas? No. Biden? LMAO. Gay mayor?...

The current circumstances have caused 96 year old former FBI and CIA Director William Webster, who is a friend of A.G. William Barr and Rudy Giuliani, to take them and the President a bit to task in a New York Times opinion piece.
It also speaks volumes that he pose to publish it there, imho.

Excellent article that clearly expresses the need to protect and defend the rule of law. It was very disturbing to hear the President express such disdain by calling the FBI "scum". Thanks for posting.

So your grandparents found the LGBTQ population "appall(ing) " ??
Would you like to expand on that view and your degree of agreement with it ??
Or the party's "disdain" for the military ?? And law enforcement ??
Or the "abandonment" of Christians" ??
Enlighten us.
In their day there was no alphabet soup like LGTBQ. They didn’t hate people but they would not affirm their lifestyle.

Who do the Ds pander to? Folks like BLM. People who yell “pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon”. The Ds keep trying to back Iran - a country where people yell “Death to America! Death to Israel!”

Why are most Christians on the R side? Because the Ds don’t represent their values anymore. Most Christians find abortion reprehensible. The Ds want to expand abortion rights (like the Governor of Virginia).

In their day there was no alphabet soup like LGTBQ. They didn’t hate people but they would not affirm their lifestyle.

Who do the Ds pander to? Folks like BLM. People who yell “pigs in a blanket, fry ‘em like bacon”. The Ds keep trying to back Iran - a country where people yell “Death to America! Death to Israel!”

Why are most Christians on the R side? Because the Ds don’t represent their values anymore. Most Christians find abortion reprehensible. The Ds want to expand abortion rights (like the Governor of Virginia).
If you find LGBTQ people " appalling"...as you just wrote.....how far do you think that word is to the concept of "hate" ??

Nice try.
Trust me: you do NOT want to start a range war about which side of the political spectrum....in history...is the most intolerant.
do NOT.

Reactions: indy35

It’s Fox News segments come to life.
Republicans love to hate anyone that’s not a straight white Christian male.

If you find LGBTQ people " appalling"...as you just wrote.....how far do you think that word is to the concept of "hate" ??

Nice try.
Trust me: you do NOT want to start a range war about which side of the political spectrum....in history...is the most intolerant.
do NOT.
The Klan was a democrat organization supported by Senator Byrd. The Democrats were not for the civil war and wanted slavery to continue. THere is an impeachment going on right now because someone doesn't like a Republican in the WH....and your Nancy hates Trump Need I go on?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT