ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Basketball Thread

B10POY is going to go to the most valuable player which is obviously Carsen or Happ. Without Carsen or Happ, Purdue and Wisconsin are looking at sub .500 records. Romeo plays alongside Juwan Morgan who is also going to warrant all B10 consideration. If Romeo was allowed to chuck like Carsen he’d average 30+ ppg in his sleep and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I don’t think Romeo is going to win POY nor have I ever said that, but to call NCTrojan’s posts dumb (which are statically based) is ridiculous. He isn’t wrong.

POY is exactly that.

Romeo is NOT the POY in the B1G.

To suggest so is to risk being called an idiot.

Parse it how you like.

POY is exactly that.

Romeo is NOT the POY in the B1G.

To suggest so is to risk being called an idiot.

Parse it how you like.

Who said Romeo was going to win POY? I asked earlier if you needed me to define contention and clearly you don’t know what contention means. NCTrojan said Romeo was playing at an all-B10 level (which is true) and would be in contention for POY (contention means he’d be in the running), not that he’d necessarily win it.

Who said Romeo was going to win POY? I asked earlier if you needed me to define contention and clearly you don’t know what contention means. NCTrojan said Romeo was playing at an all-B10 level (which is true) and would be in contention for POY (contention means he’d be in the running), not that he’d necessarily win it.

Dude.

When people mention his name with "POY" in the sentence, that's your first clue.

Goodness. Let's use the brain God gave us.'

You're trying this too hard.

Reactions: mathboy
Dude.

When people mention his name with "POY" in the sentence, that's your first clue.

Goodness. Let's use the brain God gave us.'

You're trying this too hard.

You’re showing your ass. Either you aren’t listening and/or have bad reading comprehension skills (likely both because you clearly aren’t very bright). No one said Romeo was going to win POY.

Now you may not agree that Romeo isn’t in consideration for POY but that’s your own ignorance. Romeo statistically blows Carsen out of the water and it isn’t close. I will assure you that a player like Romeo, given his stats on top of his projection as a lottery pick and highest B10 player drafted next year, will warrant consideration for POY. And while he may not win it, he’ll likely end up on 1st team all-B10, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT NCTROJAN SAID. Something you referred to as posting “some of the dumbest shit”.

You’re showing your ass. Either you aren’t listening and/or have bad reading comprehension skills (likely both because you clearly aren’t very bright). No one said Romeo was going to win POY.

Now you may not agree that Romeo isn’t in consideration for POY but that’s your own ignorance. Romeo statistically blows Carsen out of the water and it isn’t close. I will assure you that a player like Romeo, given his stats on top of his projection as a lottery pick and highest B10 player drafted next year, will warrant consideration for POY. And while he may not win it, he’ll likely end up on 1st team all-B10, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT NCTROJAN SAID. Something you referred to as posting “some of the dumbest shit”.

Awww.

Don't be so sore.

We can all agree with you, if that's what you need to feel better.

Awww.

Don't be so sore.

We can all agree with you, if that's what you need to feel better.

Not asking you to agree. Pointing out your ignorance when referring to NCTrojan’s post(s) as the “dumbest shit ever”. My guy arcb (whose never picked up a basketball in his life) would have to agree that Romeo Langford is better than Carsen Edwards if we’re talking strictly from a statistical standpoint. I already illustrated that Romeo Langford statistically blows Carsen Edwards out of the water and it’s not even close, and while those were primarily offensive stats, I forgot to mention that Romeo has a better defensive rating by more than 10 points. Using these statistics (which are non-debatable as my guy arcb will sooner than later let us know), Romeo is better to Carsen and statistically it isn’t close.

FWIW, Cassius Winston in my opinion will win POY as he’s the best player on the best team.

I watched the IU Maryland game tonight and I thought Romeo was terrific on both sides of the ball. I dont think he gets enough credit for how good he was defensively tonight.

His jumpshot was on as he shot 3 of 6 from 3. I think his best days are ahead of him. He seems like a Donovan Mitchell type in the league 2 years from now. I think a shot doctor in the NBA will fix his inconsistent release point and probably make a good shooter out of him.

Ive moved him back ahead of IGNAS and Jalen Smith for B1G frosh of the year, although Tre Williamsis coming on strong there and will loom large.

If the season ended today, I think the awards are pretty straight forward.

Player of the year - Its Ca$$ius Winston here. I dont see how anyone can justify giving it to anyone else. He has been the best player in the conference a qiarter of the eay through. Still 15 conference games left for each team.

Freshman of the year - with his efficient performance tonight, Romeo has moved into the driver seat here.

Defensive player of the year - Its Jon Teske for me here. He is the college Rudy Gobert and a major reason Michigan is elite defensively.

Purdue is 3-2 with wins over Maryland (4-1), Wisconsin(3-2), and Iowa (2-3).

Their losses are at MSU (5-0) and at Michigan (5-0).

The teams theyve faced are a combined 19-6.

Indiana is 3-2 with wins over Northwestern (1-4), Penn State (0-5), and Illinois (0-5).

Their losses are to Michigan (5-0) and Maryland (4-1).

The teams theyve faced are a combined 10-15.

Purdues opponents 19-6
Indianas opponents 10-15

So I think theres no doubt Purdue has the vastly superior resume in conference despite the same record.

Not asking you to agree. Pointing out your ignorance when referring to NCTrojan’s post(s) as the “dumbest shit ever”. My guy arcb (whose never picked up a basketball in his life) would have to agree that Romeo Langford is better than Carsen Edwards if we’re talking strictly from a statistical standpoint. I already illustrated that Romeo Langford statistically blows Carsen Edwards out of the water and it’s not even close, and while those were primarily offensive stats, I forgot to mention that Romeo has a better defensive rating by more than 10 points. Using these statistics (which are non-debatable as my guy arcb will sooner than later let us know), Romeo is better to Carsen and statistically it isn’t close.

FWIW, Cassius Winston in my opinion will win POY as he’s the best player on the best team.

1. I am not "your guy."

2. I have played the game of basketball.

Mark Twain once observed: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." You know nothing about me and your surmises are grossly incorrect.

1. I am not "your guy."

2. I have played the game of basketball.

Mark Twain once observed: "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt." You know nothing about me and your surmises are grossly incorrect.

1. No shit, I was being sarcastic. You’re a loser.

2. I doubt it.

Yes, it's ... my "ignorance."

You're so enlightened! If anyone doubts, all they need to do is ask you!

Genuinely asking, what has NCTrojan said about Langford that’s wrong? He’s averaging 22ppg in conference, shooting 40% from 3, and 55% from the field. That’s exceptional effiency for a guard with that high of usage and volume.
Here are questions you should be genuinely answering. Why are you asking me? Did I argue with him? Why are you defending him to someone who said nothing to him? And more importantly, why do you have this obsessive need to come to a Purdue forum to defend IU, its players, and fans? Even defending them against Purdue fans who have not commentented on them?

Indiana just got absolutely dumptrucked at home to drop their third straight. Their offense is honestly painful to watch and one of the worst in the conference.

Theyre now 3-3 in conference.

Theyve beat 1-5 Northwestern by 2 at home
Theyve beat 0-6 Penn State by 2 when Penn State missed 20 free throws
Theyve beat 0-6 Illinois by 8 at home

Theyve got dumptrucked by 6-0 Michigan
Got beat by 5-1 Maryland

And now have been dumptrucked by 3-3 Nebraska at home by 15.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
He likes to make things up. Didn't you know that Romeo is currently on a team that hasn't been chosen yet?

OT but Pitt takes down FSU. Capel doing a masterful job there after Stallings left a dumpster fire. Capel is going to be a recruiting force there.

Good night to keep your children locked up if you're a Loosier fan because their board animals are eating their young after Archie's latest effort.

Ok so then you can agree that calling Romeo a major risk because he's shooting 21% on 55 3PA is maybe an overreaction on your part? Considering he has great measurables (size/wingspan/athleticism) to go along with being a proven scorer? Just trying to get on the same page as you.
How did that work out for the sixers?

Good night to keep your children locked up if you're a Loosier fan because their board animals are eating their young after Archie's latest effort.
Yeah, the funny thing is they are getting in very similar arguments about McRoberts as folks on here get in about Grady.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Yeah, the funny thing is they are getting in very similar arguments about McRoberts as folks on here get in about Grady.
Same kind of fans that don't understand that value doesn't only come from 5 star recruits. Role players plug gaps as needed.

Last edited:
My current B1G Power Rankings

National Title Contenders
1. Michigan / Michigan State

Top 25 teams
3. Purdue
4. Maryland
5. Nebraska
6. Wisconsin

Tournament teams
7. Iowa
8. Ohio State