ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Basketball Thread

You do realize that Brooks has been watching the IU train wreck all season and still is a hope and a wish for IU.
IU and MSU are outfront in the recruitment. He has things he likes and dislikes about both schools. IU still has a very good shot here.

True, but they beat MSU and are probably playing at a higher level than MSU right now. Illinois is very young and took a while to come together. It appears that they have and are likely a force to be reckoned with.
Haha they are no where near MSU's level.

It also depends on Euro players, which can move someone like Romeo down if they declare.

At this time, there are many, many comments recognizing that Langford has been a disappointment to the expectations that IU fans had for him. Miller is also a huge disappointment as voiced by the fans.

As for Brooks, it is fair to say that time works against IU regarding him. That does not mean that he does not sign with them. It does mean that the probability declines over time. It would only seem reasonable that the family looks at how the team has developed over the season (or lack thereof) and factor that into their final judgment. Train wrecks are not a beneficial recruiting tool when you are on that train.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
Hold your breath and stuff some hundreds in a Fed Ex envelope.
It's not really a hold your breathe type recruitment. Based on the info out there from national and regional analysts, I still expect it to be IU. You were probably saying Romeo was a longshot last year given IU's struggles.

It's not really a hold your breathe type recruitment. Based on the info out there from national and regional analysts, I still expect it to be IU. You were probably saying Romeo was a longshot last year given IU's struggles.

IU was a longshot until Louisville got in trouble.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Of course it does not, but results matter. Illinois has been playing very well and I doubt that any team in the B1G looks forward to playing them now, especially in C-U.

I get that and I said something to that effect last night. I think where people lost your argument was when you said Illinois was on Michigan State's "level" just because they beat them. That's simply a flawed take.

I think that it is very fair to say that at this moment Illinois is playing at MSU's level. It is more than a one-game thing. However, "playing at a level" is a relative term and duration can vary. Purdue did not play at MSU's level in Nov and Dec but in Jan and Feb it has exceeded them. I think Michigan is very happy that they got Purdue when they did and are pleased that there is no upcoming game in Mackey.

Jerry Palm just dropped Purdue to a 4 seed. It has more to do with LSU winning at Rupp than anything else. Purdue was the only 3 seed to lose mid-week, including Marquette beating Nova, Kansas winning at TCU shorthanded and Houston winning on the road once again. I guess it makes sense. Also Jerry was noticeably surprised at the bracket reveal last week that Purdue was #9.

Nope....knowing where Lil' Arch learned his recruiting techniques, I thought IU was his only choice after Slick got fired. Had Slick stayed, Romeo would be playing closer to his home.

Nope....knowing where Lil' Arch learned his recruiting techniques, I thought IU was his only choice after Slick got fired. Had Slick stayed, Romeo would be playing closer to his home.
You seem salty. With how well Purdue is playing right now, I would think most of your posts would be about Purdue. As it turns out you just continue to only post about IU. I should have expected nothing less from you, Ducati.

You seem salty. With how well Purdue is playing right now, I would think most of your posts would be about Purdue. As it turns out you just continue to only post about IU. I should have expected nothing less from you, Ducati.
Nope....look at the posts about PU, the posts about politics.....far, far more. Take time to read before you make statements of fact. As for PU, they're at the top of the heap when predicted to be at the bottom. IU...predicted to be a tourney team and a contender for the league....stuck in the swamp.

Don't forget about his infatuation with Alford.

Nope....look at the posts about PU, the posts about politics.....far, far more. Take time to read before you make statements of fact. As for PU, they're at the top of the heap when predicted to be at the bottom. IU...predicted to be a tourney team and a contender for the league....stuck in the swamp.
Yea, this isnt close to accurate. If I were to look at your last 100 posts on this board (the basketball board), over 50 of them would be about IU.

What does where teams were predicted vs where they are now have to do with this discussion? Trying to move the goalposts?

You definitely spend most of your time on the basketball board talking about IU.

Why do you continue to pretend to be a Purdue fan? Nearly all of your posts are about IU / Romeo.
Yea, this isnt close to accurate. If I were to look at your last 100 posts on this board (the basketball board), over 50 of them would be about IU.

What does where teams were predicted vs where they are now have to do with this discussion? Trying to move the goalposts?
Why are you, a supporter of IU arguing the merits of Romeo on a PU forum? If I look at IU's board, you're no where to be seen or if you are, it's another name?

Why are you, a supporter of IU arguing the merits of Romeo on a PU forum? If I look at IU's board, you're no where to be seen or if you are, it's another name?
I'm not arguing the merits of Romeo. You've moved the goalposts so much you dont even remember what started this. Hint: the original subject was about Keion Brooks.

What IU board are you looking for me on? If you arent a premium IU member at either the Rivals or 247 site, then of course you won't see my posts. Why post on the free board when I'm a paying member?

Why are you a disgruntled IU fan posing as a Purdue fan on a Purdue forum? That's the better question.

I'm not arguing the merits of Romeo. You've moved the goalposts so much you dont even remember what started this. Hint: the original subject was about Keion Brooks.

What IU board are you looking for me on? If you arent a premium IU member at either the Rivals or 247 site, then of course you won't see my posts. Why post on the free board when I'm a paying member?

Why are you a disgruntled IU fan posing as a Purdue fan on a Purdue forum? That's the better question.
If you knew as much as you think you do, you'd understand I'm not a disgruntled IU fan. Been a Purdue fan for at least 10 years.

And I remember the original post...it was to discuss the B10 and then you, an IU fan brought up Brooks on a PU forum.

Seems like nearly everyone posts about IU/Romeo. (See above). What’s your point?

My point was simply why do you like to pretend that you're a Boilermaker fan / supporter? I have seen where others have asked you that too. After reading many of your posts, it seems pretty obvious that you're not...

It just seems bizarre is all I'm saying. Wouldn't it be better to just use a screen name that doesn't attempt at a facade / ruse? At least the NC Trojan dude and others, make no attempt to hide the fact of what team they truly root for.

If you knew as much as you think you do, you'd understand I'm not a disgruntled IU fan. Been a Purdue fan for at least 10 years.

And I remember the original post...it was to discuss the B10 and then you, an IU fan brought up Brooks on a PU forum.
You've been a "Purdue fan" ever since your man crush was fired from IU. I'm sure you would rather IU lose a game than Purdue win a game

k
My point was simply why do you like to pretend that you're a Boilermaker fan / supporter? I have seen where others have asked you that too. After reading many of your posts, it seems pretty obvious that you're not...

It just seems bizarre is all I'm saying. Wouldn't it be better to just use a screen name that doesn't attempt at a facade / ruse? At least the NC Trojan dude and others, make no attempt to hide the fact of what team they truly root for.
Really....you need to go back to whatever team you support. I have no need to defend myself, but let me 'splain it to you so you might have a clue...which at the present time you have none.

Yes, I was an IU guy...for a long time. Tickets, money, classes...all that. Set my clock for IU basketball and FB. Then, they fired a legend, and what followed...Davis, Sampson, Crean, and now Miller all had problems that IU shouldn't have had. After they hired Sampson, I felt the need to shower every time I watched them. My late wife was a huge Boiler fan...Die Hard just like her Cubbies (who as a baseball guy I'll never root for)..and she talked me into really watching Purdue. I'd seen Painter play as my son played against him in HS, knew he was a good guy, and really discovered PU basketball under Matt was what I'd been watching for years. Motion, tough defense, Players graduate, clean kids with no issues, they played hard....and I liked it much better than the garbage IU basketball had become. Then, my wife passed from a brain tumor...way too early...and I now find comfort AND joy watching a team and coach I respect and can root for. So for your information,I'm OFFICIALLY now a Boilermaker fan. Shirts, hats, tickets (I'm old enough I've had enough classes). All the good stuff. And if you'd been around awhile, you would have noticed I'm a bigger fan of Painter than a lot of so-called fans on here.

If you have a problem with that...put me on ignore. I'm done with it.

k
Really....you need to go back to whatever team you support. I have no need to defend myself, but let me 'splain it to you so you might have a clue...which at the present time you have none.

Yes, I was an IU guy...for a long time. Tickets, money, classes...all that. Set my clock for IU basketball and FB. Then, they fired a legend, and what followed...Davis, Sampson, Crean, and now Miller all had problems that IU shouldn't have had. After they hired Sampson, I felt the need to shower every time I watched them. My late wife was a huge Boiler fan...Die Hard just like her Cubbies (who as a baseball guy I'll never root for)..and she talked me into really watching Purdue. I'd seen Painter play as my son played against him in HS, knew he was a good guy, and really discovered PU basketball under Matt was what I'd been watching for years. Motion, tough defense, Players graduate, clean kids with no issues, they played hard....and I liked it much better than the garbage IU basketball had become. Then, my wife passed from a brain tumor...way too early...and I now find comfort AND joy watching a team and coach I respect and can root for. So for your information,I'm OFFICIALLY now a Boilermaker fan. Shirts, hats, tickets (I'm old enough I've had enough classes). All the good stuff. And if you'd been around awhile, you would have noticed I'm a bigger fan of Painter than a lot of so-called fans on here.

This guy wasnt responding to you... unless you are actually @Bay Area Boiler .... that would actually make a lot of sense. Did you forget to switch usernames?

k

Twin, I am not sure why you're replying to me or quoting me. I never questioned your Boilerhood. My posts were clearly asking Bay Area Boiler -- NOT you. Did you reply to the wrong poster perhaps? Because I haven't posted anything to you buddy. I'll go back and look just to make sure but I'm very confused as to why you think my question were directed to you -- because there weren't!

Twin, I am not sure why you're replying to me or quoting me. I never questioned your Boilerhood. My posts were clearly asking Bay Area Boiler -- NOT you. Did you reply to the wrong poster perhaps? Because I haven't posted anything to you buddy. I'll go back and look just to make sure but I'm very confused as to why you think my question were directed to you -- because there weren't!
Sorry....need to read it all.:)

Same as yours. There is a difference between saying we would have more wins than we do now if fully healthy and saying we would definitely have gotten passed the sweet 16 if fully healthy. I've never claimed the latter.
If it's clear that you may not make the tourney, it doesn't take a prophet to know that it would be unwise to claim you are going to get past the Sweet 16.

Wins are wins, no matter what time of year. It's only logical to think that you could win more games if a key player remained healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT