ADVERTISEMENT

Braden's worst game ever?

Won with 14 or was it 16 TOs.
Won with refs that swallowed the whistle.
Won with timely 3 pt shooting.
Won with average to poor games by everyone based on their season standards
Won with Smith's worst game of career.

We will take it. See you Monday night!!!

Last edited:
Really surprising he struggled that bad. Maybe nerves early but never really got it together. I think the first 2 over and backs got him rattled. But all this being said they still won the game big. Hopefully Monday he gets back to himself because we are gonna need everyones best.

Really surprising he struggled that bad. Maybe nerves early but never really got it together. I think the first 2 over and backs got him rattled. But all this being said they still won the game big. Hopefully Monday he gets back to himself because we are gonna need everyones best.
NCS put a lot of pressure on him, and forced him to perform at a higher level than before and the pressure of that got to him. I was surprised that CMP stayed with him, but he was still contributing in a positive way which solid players do.

NC State defended him well. It's a testament to how many weapons we have that we won as easily as we did. Lance and Loyer picked Braden up. Edey was solid even if his points and rebounds weren't as high as usual. Maybe it'll be Braden's turn on Monday.

Thing is....he can't forget it.
Why?

What do you even mean? Why cant he put a bad game behind him and go play a great one? Hasnt smith shown to be a tremendous and confident player all year? Everyone has a bad game, Ive seen nothing out of smith in his 2 years that tells me he would let a bad game ruin the biggest game of his life 2 days later

Why?

What do you even mean? Why cant he put a bad game behind him and go play a great one? Hasnt smith shown to be a tremendous and confident player all year? Everyone has a bad game, Ive seen nothing out of smith in his 2 years that tells me he would let a bad game ruin the biggest game of his life 2 days later
You ever played sports? If you have, you'll know why he can't forget last year's loss and the way he played. And he'll remember tonight's game with that one. And it will drive him absolutely nuts...probably is as we type. And hopefully it will motivate him Monday.

You ever played sports? If you have, you'll know why he can't forget last year's loss and the way he played. And he'll remember tonight's game with that one. And it will drive him absolutely nuts...probably is as we type. And hopefully it will motivate him Monday.
It appears you havent. Because if you dont know what I mean with this then Im wasting my time.

Forgetting it as in having a short memory like all shooters in basketball and cornerbacks in football say you have to have. Block out the last miss or pass completed and play with confidence that you are knocking the next one down.

The absolute reaching some of you do to pick a fight is ABSURD. Starting to wonder if its 2 or 3 of you with multiple accounts. Shameful

Last edited:
I am confident that Smith will play well on Monday. Better than he did on Saturday is a certainty imo. As far as the game goes, I think we can win it if we have a really good shooting night. The pressure is off now; we are the underdog finally - let's go get the win boys! Let's show the world who the real number 1 team is!

Should have shot more. Refs not calling at FF?
It’s been like that I feel the entire tournament this year. Ot always seems we play physical in B1G and then we get to March madness and everything is called making it a guards game and part of B1G struggles but this year they swallowed the whistle more. But last night there were several occasions where normally I would have expected a whistle and nothing.

Reactions: Purdue0023
It appears you havent. Because if you dont know what I mean with this then Im wasting my time.

Forgetting it as in having a short memory like all shooters in basketball and cornerbacks in football say you have to have. Block out the last miss or pass completed and play with co fidence that you are knocking the next one down.

The absolute reaching some of you do to pick a fight is ABSURD. Starting to wonder if its 2 or 3 of you with multiple accounts. Shameful
Your username says all I need to know about you. After a win, you show up and start running your mouth like you know anything. If you were as smart as you want us to believe, you'd understand my statement that "he can't forget these two games", you would understand what I was pointing out that games like these drive people like Smith crazy, that he can't allow himself a moment of self doubt.
I hope he has a great night on Monday.

It’s been like that I feel the entire tournament this year. Ot always seems we play physical in B1G and then we get to March madness and everything is called making it a guards game and part of B1G struggles but this year they swallowed the whistle more. But last night there were several occasions where normally I would have expected a whistle and nothing.
You watch Uconn maul Bama? WWE out there. Complete war.

Your username says all I need to know about you. After a win, you show up and start running your mouth like you know anything. If you were as smart as you want us to believe, you'd understand my statement that "he can't forget these two games", you would understand what I was pointing out that games like these drive people like Smith crazy, that he can't allow himself a moment of self doubt.
I think he's better on Monday but do we get 14 from Lance that we got today?

Jones had an off game the last game, and he came back strong last night. I expect the same from Smith tomorrow night. Just think how good of game we could play, if Smith, Jones and Loyer were all on in the same game.
I would also like to see Jones defend their best guard, because he played great defense against both Knecht and Horne.

I am confident that Smith will play well on Monday. Better than he did on Saturday is a certainty imo. As far as the game goes, I think we can win it if we have a really good shooting night. The pressure is off now; we are the underdog finally - let's go get the win boys! Let's show the world who the real number 1 team is!
Your last point is key, in my opinion.

In previous years I'd be worried about Purdue getting blinded by the moment, playing tight, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and trying to force shots.

But this year's team just feels different. I think they understand they belong on this stage. Plus, they had a chance to work through some FF jitters last night. I don't think they'll shrink from the moment.

I'm not predicting a win, but I do think Purdue will be focused and under control. That gives them the best chance to win.

Reactions: Purdue0023
I agree he'll remember it as a motivator, just like he did last year's NCAA game. High basketball IQ players learn from what works and what doesn't. The good thing is, even with Braden having a bad offensive game, PURDUE won. I often times feel bad for a player whose last game ends with him playing poorly or, even worse, making a mistake that derails their chance to win. I can think of multiple Purdue players who, after decades, probably still think if they had done something different in their final game, Purdue would have advanced.

I have been in the game threads, I do not show up after. Your stupidity is endless.

You are doubling down on stupidity too. No coach EVER worth a shit has ever pulled a player to the side after a bunch of mistakes or a bad game and said, "remember this game and your mistakes. Remember going 1-9 when you play in 2 days."

How stupid are you? Admit when you are wrong. Being motivated by bad play is NOT the same as remembering it snd dwelling on it. Coaches tell their players to have SHORT MEMORIES becsuse you cant be thinking about ypur past bad game or mistskes or misses. ESPECIALLY shooters. They HAVE to have goldfish memories. That is how confidence is maintained.

Your utter lack of knowledge when it comes to this shows exactly how little you have ever played or coached. And your doubling down on the need to look stupid just to try to get in a dig at me, even when you are blatantly wrong, shows yet again how strong your groups cult is.

Go away grandpa

Jones had an off game the last game, and he came back strong last night. I expect the same from Smith tomorrow night. Just think how good of game we could play, if Smith, Jones and Loyer were all on in the same game.
I would also like to see Jones defend their best guard, because he played great defense against both Knecht and Horne.
Question is, who is their best guard? All 3 are very good and tough. And long and athletic.

Will be interesting to see how paint matches the team up. Fletch is going to have to play great defense on Spencer. Newton and Castle I assume will be guarded by Smith and Jones. How that I think about it, maybe we just switch everything with our 3 guards and their 3 guards.

All year we have had 2 of our 3 guards play well with Zach doin Zach things. So, I agree, if we can get all 3 guards to play well and shoot it well, while Zach does Zach….we have a good shot. UConn is going to be very tough though. But going to be a good game vs the two best teams.

Your last point is key, in my opinion.

In previous years I'd be worried about Purdue getting blinded by the moment, playing tight, making uncharacteristic mistakes, and trying to force shots.

But this year's team just feels different. I think they understand they belong on this stage. Plus, they had a chance to work through some FF jitters last night. I don't think they'll shrink from the moment.

I'm not predicting a win, but I do think Purdue will be focused and under control. That gives them the best chance to win.
Agree that the pressure is now finally off for our team. Hopefully, they can now play free and loose, with a nothing to lose approach and mentality. Lay it all on the court and leave it with nothing left. The longer Purdue can keep the game close, they will increasingly put UConn in a position that they are not overly familiar with. What I would give for this to be a 1 point, back and forth game the last couple of minutes in the game. Our team has been through many of those games this season and could have the advantage there. Go Boilers!!

I have been in the game threads, I do not show up after. Your stupidity is endless.

You are doubling down on stupidity too. No coach EVER worth a shit has ever pulled a player to the side after a bunch of mistakes or a bad game and said, "remember this game and your mistakes. Remember going 1-9 when you play in 2 days."

How stupid are you? Admit when you are wrong. Being motivated by bad play is NOT the same as remembering it snd dwelling on it. Coaches tell their players to have SHORT MEMORIES becsuse you cant be thinking about ypur past bad game or mistskes or misses. ESPECIALLY shooters. They HAVE to have goldfish memories. That is how confidence is maintained.

Your utter lack of knowledge when it comes to this shows exactly how little you have ever played or coached. And your doubling down on the need to look stupid just to try to get in a dig at me, even when you are blatantly wrong, shows yet again how strong your groups cult is.

Go away grandpa
And you call others stupid? Four misspelled words in this one post. Again, you've never played nor coached except for maybe...biddy ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT