ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Basketball Thread

That Iowa Wisconsin game last night was realllllllyyyy great basketball. The conference is shaping up to be extremely competitive this year.

Good win for the Badgers beating a ranked opponent on the road. They have a decent schedule and will be a tough out, especially in Madison. They struggled last year, although some injuries played a part in that. The Boilers go to Wisconsin January 11 for the only meeting, IIRC.

I would say that I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of depth in the B1G this year. However, I'm not sure how the top teams stack up at the national level besides Michigan.

I've now seen Romeo Langford twice. He's good, for sure, but doesn't he look like Vince Edwards with a slightly quicker shot? I definitely don't see a top 5 national player.

The difference between his skills and the 3 freshmen at Duke are night and day. Again, nice player but.........

Reactions: DAG10
I've now seen Romeo Langford twice. He's good, for sure, but doesn't he look like Vince Edwards with a slightly quicker shot? I definitely don't see a top 5 national player.

The difference between his skills and the 3 freshmen at Duke are night and day. Again, nice player but.........
I would say he is a better athlete, specifically laterally. But yeah I'm starting to think he was/is overrated. His shot doesn't even look that good.

Vince Edwards was vastly superior in skill to Romeo. Vince was a career 40ish% 3point shooter on high volume. Romeos shot is absolutely broken.

But, but, but ........ It's IU!!!

Lol no.... he and Vince arent even close to the same players.

Reactions: SegregationOfDuties
Lol no.... he and Vince arent even close to the same players.

I understand he's just a freshman but, at Duke and vs. NW, he looked like Vince Edwards with a quicker shot. Sorry.

If he's a top 5 talent then this is a very weak class. Now, don't get me wrong. He's very good but, to me, Yogi Ferrell had much more impact as a freshman than Langford.

I understand he's just a freshman but, at Duke and vs. NW, he looked like Vince Edwards with a quicker shot. Sorry.

If he's a top 5 talent then this is a very weak class. Now, don't get me wrong. He's very good but, to me, Yogi Ferrell had much more impact as a freshman than Langford.
That statement just makes you look dumb. Yogi had almost no impact as a freshman. He was a guy that could only get assists. Couldn't score and couldn't play defense.

Laughable comparison.

Reactions: cropper53
That statement just makes you look dumb. Yogi had almost no impact as a freshman. He was a guy that could only get assists. Couldn't score and couldn't play defense.

Laughable comparison.

To you, which makes no difference to me.

And your memory about the importance of Yogi as freshman sucks.

You better hope Romeo is a lottery pick, or he will come back. You certainly dont want that.

I'm sure he will be. I'm simply stating that I don't see the skills you typically see from a lottery pick and the difference between the Duke freshmen and what I've seen is vast. Maybe it's because of the transition to bigger games, bigger bodies, more talented opposition but I haven't seen "it" yet.

I'm sure he will be. I'm simply stating that I don't see the skills you typically see from a lottery pick and the difference between the Duke freshmen and what I've seen is vast. Maybe it's because of the transition to bigger games, bigger bodies, more talented opposition but I haven't seen "it" yet.
Go look at RJ Barrett's stats and get back to me.

To most IU Fans.

FIFY. Most people know of the Duke freshmen and Gonzaga so far.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with one person's opinion that Romeo Langford has not LOOKED like a, typical, top 5 national talent against the best teams he's faced........so far.

He's really good. Barring injury, he'll be a lottery pick and I'm sure he'll have some amazing conference games. Jeez.........

FIFY. Most people know of the Duke freshmen and Gonzaga so far.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with one person's opinion that Romeo Langford has not LOOKED like a, typical, top 5 national talent against the best teams he's faced........so far.

He's really good. Barring injury, he'll be a lottery pick and I'm sure he'll have some amazing conference games. Jeez.........
It's just a bad take. Averaging 19 pts and 6 rebs. Shooting 50% from the field. What more do you want from a freshman?

It's just a bad take. Averaging 19 pts and 6 rebs. Shooting 50% from the field. What more do you want from a freshman?

For a freshman, that's awesome. For a lottery pick, I want top 20 in scoring abilities from a slashing guard like him. He's not top 100 in scoring at 17.7ppg........but it's early.

Last edited:
And is shooting like 25% from 3 after 8 games and only 2 games from a significant set by your own definition. Those NBA GMs are going to be all over a 2 guard that is a bad shooter from a closer point than he would see in the pros. That makes sense to me. (Dws)

For a freshman, that's awesome. For a lottery pick, I want top 20 in scoring abilities from a slashing guard like him. He's not top 100 in scoring at 17.7ppg........but it's early.
And is shooting like 25% from 3 after 8 games and only 2 games from a significant set by your own definition. Those NBA GMs are going to be all over a 2 guard that is a bad shooter from a closer point than he would see in the pros. That makes sense to me. (Dws)
You guys obviously dont know how the NBA draft works.

I'm guessing you both would love to have romeo on your team right now given your offensive deficiencies.

You guys obviously dont know how the NBA draft works..

I'm guessing you both would love to have romeo on your team right now given your offensive deficiencies.

1.) You're perception of our knowledge of the inner workings of the NBA has no bearing on anything important. However, are you saying that "smart" people would expect far superior results against far superior opposition than what IU has faced to date? I think the more realistic answer you're looking for is that a second year at IU may do the kid wonders if he doesn't step it up. I've already heard, and seen, the same statements made by "smarter" people.

2.) Absolutely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT