ADVERTISEMENT

Another white supremacist mass shooting

If, as some would like you to believe, Trump is inspiring white supremists to commit murder, why would these people only be targeting blacks or hispanics where they can find them concentrated as opposed to indiscriminately shooting up a Walmart or festival.
Hey dumdum, he literally drove 9 hours to a Walmart in El Paso because of its large Hispanic population

Reactions: indy35
Been wanting to ask....and this might be a good time to veer from the current subject matter, do you ride today
Very rarely. Sold my last HD several years ago but occasionally will take a spin on a loaner.
I guess that I did enough to get it mostly out of my system quite a few years ago. When young, my friends and I would ride when the snow started to melt until it was back on the ground in the early winter. It's a different ride on the roads today though. Took a couple trips to California, to Nevada and Utah and a lot of shorter stuff.
Then kids, competitive softball, coaching track, grandkids, and, oh yeah work, all squeezed me out. Lol.

PF, I will stand my ground that anyone....who would take another's life whether by gun, knife, car, or fishing rod is nuts and mentally unstable. The exception being soldiers and police who are following orders.

You think that because you would not deliberately take another person’s life but we know that alcohol is very often involved in taking a life. Anger is very often involved. Greed is often involved. Retribution is sometimes involved. Youth (lack of frontal lobe development, etc) may be involved. Etc. If it were true that every person who is guilty of killing another person was “nuts and mentally unstable” we could do away with laws, courts, etc. and just institutionalize them all. People are complex creatures with complex motives. Take the Columbine killings -one boy appears to have been a psychopath but the other boy appears to have been “normal” but easily influenced and a “follower”.

Reactions: doubleyous
Your utter gibberish aside, you mange to respond to my posts. Do you have nothing better to do? That's a weak argument that's common to those that don't have anything better to say. I understand why you'd get so angry when your complete ignorance is constantly pointed out.

You've been here for 18 years and 1 month and have 13,800 posts.You average 63 posts per month. I've been here 12 years and 8 months.and have 5,893. I average 38 posts per month. i understand that facts will do nothing but confuse you, but who lives here?
You practically live on this board. I’ve spent more time on KHC through the years. You know, talking sports on a Purdue Sports board.

For purposes of this discussion, just how many firearm mass murders would one expect from (expletive) SWITZERLAND ??!!! Pacifist nation, small population, hardly any guns. Go ahead and COUNT them, fool...…....for what, I don't know, but COUNT 'em if you must.

The remainder of my rebuttal involves 8th grade arithmetic....
In other words, for YOU ? - futility
Looks like you need to do some research about Switzerland.

Hardly any guns? WRONG. The country has about 2 million privately owned guns in a nation of 8.3 million people.

"The Swiss have long been known for shooting guns and marksmanship."

"Many Swiss see gun ownership as part of a patriotic duty to protect their homeland."

"Most Swiss men are required to learn how to use a gun." They have mandatory military service.

https://www.businessinsider.com/switzerland-gun-laws-rates-of-gun-deaths-2018-2

SO...TSB is a useless puppet because his views differ from yours. Typical Liberal response...
He's a useless puppet because he's not providing any insight, is trolling, and is stumping party lines. His answer to "why does someone need 30 rounds or 100 rounds in a magazine?" was "because freedom." Useless. Puppet.

I have no problem with disagreement if you can defend it with viable rationale and aren't willfully ignorant. Unfortunately, a few of you are just flat out willfully ignorant puppets spouting whatever Fox told you to that day. This stuff about the Dayton shooter being a liberal is a red herring. It's pretty clear, to me at least, that that guy was driven to shoot by deep-rooted personal issues - he had rape lists and murder lists and he killed his sister.

The El Paso shooter cited extreme political rhetoric in his manifesto. TSB is drawing a false equivalency between the two because that's what right wing media was telling him to do today.

Puppet.

The country has about 2 million privately owned guns in a nation of 8.3 million people.
I get what you're saying, and citing Switzerland was misinformed... but the US has 393 million privately owned guns and a population of 330 million. Access to guns in Switzerland is more restricted than here. Hell, everywhere in the developed world is markedly more restrictive than the US both in volume and type, and whattaya know, the US has more mass killings by firearms than anywhere else in the developed world!

It's like third grade logic to me, but WTF do I know? I'm an "idiot" according to TSB who has decided guns would be driven to the black market, and somehow that would be WORSE than having 393 million guns out there.

I get what you're saying, and citing Switzerland was misinformed... but the US has 393 million privately owned guns and a population of 330 million. Access to guns in Switzerland is more restricted than here. Hell, everywhere in the developed world is markedly more restrictive than the US both in volume and type, and whattaya know, the US has more mass killings by firearms than anywhere else in the developed world!

It's like third grade logic to me, but WTF do I know? I'm an "idiot" according to TSB who has decided guns would be driven to the black market, and somehow that would be WORSE than having 393 million guns out there.
I saw a stat about this. It was something like 3% of the USA population owned close to 90% of the guns. I believe that could be possible. Some gun owners horde huge caches. Do people really need to own hundreds of guns? Probably not. It is their right though.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
Looks like you need to do some research about Switzerland.

Hardly any guns? WRONG. The country has about 2 million privately owned guns in a nation of 8.3 million people.

"The Swiss have long been known for shooting guns and marksmanship."

"Many Swiss see gun ownership as part of a patriotic duty to protect their homeland."

"Most Swiss men are required to learn how to use a gun." They have mandatory military service.

https://www.businessinsider.com/switzerland-gun-laws-rates-of-gun-deaths-2018-2

Rather than hitting the trail with an adjunct discussion of Swiss gun ownership and the history of SWISS gun control & the EU, why don't we get back to the original post having to do with OUR firearm history and its ultimate effect on the number of citizens killed as a result, in particular mass shootings.

You might want to double-check the stat that you said showed 97% of guns owned by 3% of the population. Since almost 1/3 of adults own at least one, I'll let you crunch the probability of that.

One would think Trump could go at least one day without.......being Trump. Considering his statement just two days ago about unity and the trips to Dayton and El Paso today...........just go one full day being presidential. Meet the victims and law enforcement and medical personnel, say something at least mildly profound and stfu about politics. One day. Couldn't do it.

One would think Trump could go at least one day without.......being Trump. Considering his statement just two days ago about unity and the trips to Dayton and El Paso today...........just go one full day being presidential. Meet the victims and law enforcement and medical personnel, say something at least mildly profound and stfu about politics. One day. Couldn't do it.
That is simply the pathology of this Presidency.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Erin Burnett simply scorched him

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Very rarely. Sold my last HD several years ago but occasionally will take a spin on a loaner.
I guess that I did enough to get it mostly out of my system quite a few years ago. When young, my friends and I would ride when the snow started to melt until it was back on the ground in the early winter. It's a different ride on the roads today though. Took a couple trips to California, to Nevada and Utah and a lot of shorter stuff.
Then kids, competitive softball, coaching track, grandkids, and, oh yeah work, all squeezed me out. Lol.
Kids....coaching....went through all of that coaching Baseball and football for years. Still love to take that late evening ride though.

Oh yes... that I do miss.
See....we're breaking down that barrier. Beer?

tenor.gif

Reactions: 70boiler
Kids....coaching....went through all of that coaching Baseball and football for years. Still love to take that late evening ride though.
Quite partial to the brews... maybe too partial...lol.

I am undoubtedly better off having basically stopped riding given that my problem was that I never had the most sense.... the avatar photo was in the Utah desert with throttle lock at about 85 in a leanback cruise mode while my ex-USMC helo pilot friend was snapping pics. Duh.

Quite partial to the brews... maybe too partial...lol.

I am undoubtedly better off having basically stopped riding given that my problem was that I never had the most sense.... the avatar photo was in the Utah desert with throttle lock at about 85 in a leanback cruise mode while my ex-USMC helo pilot friend was snapping pics. Duh.
We've all had those lean back moments. Feet up, back down, cruise locked on. Damn, if it wasn't past midnight I'd get her out of the garage.

We've all had those lean back moments. Feet up, back down, cruise locked on. Damn, if it wasn't past midnight I'd get her out of the garage.
Reminds me of the night that helo and I decided we were going to leave central Illinois to go get ribs in Kansas City at about 2 am. We were awakened the next morning by the train going down the tracks about 30' from where we put down the sleeping bags about 50 miles away from home.
Another Duh moment.

The bike looks like a HD case but a Triumph tank? Am I wrong? It surely isn't a sportster is it?
Super Glide 1975, stock tank then, 74 cubic inch, cammed, with head work. Was a pretty good go getter and dependable but was a kick starter that needed a push start quite often.

Yeah, but lol mine often weren't moments. I would expressway ride on trips across kansas, nebraska, texas with the relatively straight roads and soft curves for up to an hour occasionally. Lean stearing at its best.
Certainly wouldn't want to give that a reprise anymore.

Yeah, but lol mine often weren't moments. I would expressway ride on trips across kansas, nebraska, texas with the relatively straight roads and soft curves for up to an hour occasionally. Lean stearing at its best.
Certainly wouldn't want to give that a reprise anymore.
And that helmet did a great job of protecting your tote bag.:)

Rather than hitting the trail with an adjunct discussion of Swiss gun ownership and the history of SWISS gun control & the EU, why don't we get back to the original post having to do with OUR firearm history and its ultimate effect on the number of citizens killed as a result, in particular mass shootings.

You might want to double-check the stat that you said showed 97% of guns owned by 3% of the population. Since almost 1/3 of adults own at least one, I'll let you crunch the probability of that.
I didn't say 97%, you did.

I did some checking, and here's what I found:

In 2018, about 43 percent of U.S. households had at least one gun in possession.

How many guns does an average American gun owner possess?

The average American gun owner owns three guns, according to a 2015 survey conducted by Harvard and Northwestern University. More than a half of them own just one or two, whereas 14% of them–7.7 million or 3% of the US population–own anywhere between eight to 140 guns. This 3% of the population owns half of the civilian guns in the US.

shooting3_post2.png

A note of caution: Gun ownership surveys always contain a degree of inaccuracy. As long as Americans can still legally purchase guns in many states without a permit or license, there doesn’t seem to be a systematic method of tracking the population of US gun owners.

Last edited:
You mean like some of your info? I can recognize it.
Hahaha, I knew you wouldn’t be able to do it. It would be so incredibly easy and you couldn’t manage to buck up. I’ll continue to mock you for your complete ignorance. There’s no hope for you.

Telling SDBoiler to make a sound argument is telling a pig to do algebra. Not gonna happen.

Tell the relatives of the dozens murdered from El Paso and Dayton that we're doing just fine on a per capita basis! That'll make them feel better.

Reactions: indy35
Hahaha, I knew you wouldn’t be able to do it. It would be so incredibly easy and you couldn’t manage to buck up. I’ll continue to mock you for your complete ignorance. There’s no hope for you.
If mockiing me makes you a better person, go for it. But it's taking away any manhood you may have had at one time. It makes you look like the internet tool you are.

If mockiing me makes you a better person, go for it. But it's taking away any manhood you may have had at one time. It makes you look like the internet tool you are.
You can't even admit you got taken completely by a fake graphic. It'd be incredibly easy for you to say, yep I didn't know it was fake. If you had the ability to reflect on that and maybe see all the other things you've been misled on, well you'd have a chance of coming out a decent person.

You can't even admit you got taken completely by a fake graphic. It'd be incredibly easy for you to say, yep I didn't know it was fake. If you had the ability to reflect on that and maybe see all the other things you've been misled on, well you'd have a chance of coming out a decent person.
See, my point proven. Thanks for making it that much easier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT