ADVERTISEMENT

Another white supremacist mass shooting

See, my point proven. Thanks for making it that much easier.
Do you seriously not understand how you posted something completely fake and thought you were making a good point? Your inability to understand something so completely basic is why I don't worry about changing your mind. You don't have the mental capability.

I didn't say 97%, you did.

I did some checking, and here's what I found:

In 2018, about 43 percent of U.S. households had at least one gun in possession.

How many guns does an average American gun owner possess?

The average American gun owner owns three guns, according to a 2015 survey conducted by Harvard and Northwestern University. More than a half of them own just one or two, whereas 14% of them–7.7 million or 3% of the US population–own anywhere between eight to 140 guns. This 3% of the population owns half of the civilian guns in the US.

shooting3_post2.png

A note of caution: Gun ownership surveys always contain a degree of inaccuracy. As long as Americans can still legally purchase guns in many states without a permit or license, there doesn’t seem to be a systematic method of tracking the population of US gun owners.
1) 97% was incorrect. You posted above that you saw a stat...that said that the 3% owned "close to 90 %" of US guns. My carelessness, if perhaps mitigated by its relative accuracy.
2) surveys on gun ownership are indeed subject to inaccuracies.

1) 97% was incorrect. You posted above that you saw a stat...that said that the 3% owned "close to 90 %" of US guns. My carelessness, if perhaps mitigated by its relative accuracy.
2) surveys on gun ownership are indeed subject to inaccuracies.
I said it was “something like......”. It was based on recollection from a couple of years ago - obviously somewhat off, as we now know.

What did Trump talk about to hospital workers in El Paso?

Himself, and his crowd sizes of course!

And he was busy visiting the staff as 0 hospitalized victims wanted to meet with Trump.

In addition to the obvious things previously mentioned, since he only hires the best and brightest people, what were his and her advisors doing and thinking in the posing, and the releasing of the photo or allowing the access of people to take their own pics? How could they possibly keep their jobs?

In addition to the obvious things previously mentioned, since he only hires the best and brightest people, what were his and her advisors doing and thinking in the posing, and the releasing of the photo or allowing the access of people to take their own pics? How could they possibly keep their jobs?

He has surrounded himself with yes people. They are consumed with him and the need to promote him they and they see this as a good thing through that prism. Their senses of morality and good taste have taken a back seat to their love of Trump.
People with this kind of judgement have positions at the highest level of our government. It's scary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 70boiler and indy35

Incoming responses focusing on the fact the tweet was from CNN in 3...2...1...

That known Trump hater Jim Acosta. That you'd post anything from him says it all about your honesty.
Right on cue. What did Acosta say that was incorrect in the tweet? Did he tell the Trumps to take the picture like that? Did he Photoshop Trump's smile and thumbs up? It doesn't matter one bit that the tweet came from Acosta.

Right on cue. What did Acosta say that was incorrect in the tweet? Did he tell the Trumps to take the picture like that? Did he Photoshop Trump's smile and thumbs up? It doesn't matter one bit that the tweet came from Acosta.
It's what Trump has managed to do by using the authoritarian playbook. Our resident high stepper pays absolutely ZERO attention to the content of the tweet.......didn't even have to READ anything.......and dismisses it based on the author.

And what's incorrect about his reporting?
Everything.
It seems that he reported the following things in the Tweet:

1. The hospital confirmed the additional and following information.
2. This is the baby who was brought back to the hospital to meet with Trump and FLOTUS
3. The child had been discharged.
4. The child is two month old
5. The child's parents were Jordan and Andre Anchondo
6. The child's aforesaid parents died protecting him
7. The aforeaid purported parents died during the El Paso shooting.
If you read the Tweet in that manner, please state which of those 7 assertions was untrue, and please provide your basis to conclude that each, or any is untrue, together with some way to verify that assertion.
Thanks for what I am sure will be helpful in understanding the matter.

And frankly the well-armed militia to protect against a tyrannical government is a ridiculous argument because TwinDegrees armed with an AR-15 isn't stopping the drone strike that's going to take him out anyway.

Okay, do we punish the many for the few? What if I really like shooting an AK/AR but never abuse owning it?
99.9% of AK/AR owners never abuse the power they have or the destruction they can serve on humanity.
To the lib's that is not a valid discussion point. They'd rather take freedom's away
and that apsect/divergence of power began many years ago

republicans have already accepted gun/weapon control for a long time

Last edited:
and that apsect/divergence of power began many years ago

republicans have already accepted gun/weapon control for a long time
This doesn't quite square up to me. Why would the Rs have NOT extended the "assault weapons ban" after the first 10 years if they truly accepted gun/weapon control? If anything, one could make the argument that they've generally hardened their views on protecting 2nd Amendment rights.

It seems that he reported the following things in the Tweet:

1. The hospital confirmed the additional and following information.
2. This is the baby who was brought back to the hospital to meet with Trump and FLOTUS
3. The child had been discharged.
4. The child is two month old
5. The child's parents were Jordan and Andre Anchondo
6. The child's aforesaid parents died protecting him
7. The aforeaid purported parents died during the El Paso shooting.
If you read the Tweet in that manner, please state which of those 7 assertions was untrue, and please provide your basis to conclude that each, or any is untrue, together with some way to verify that assertion.
Thanks for what I am sure will be helpful in understanding the matter.
Did I say anywhere that he lied in that tweet?

Reactions: 70boiler
Kinda wondering what newspaper TD2 would recommend. The choices out there are limited with the decline of the newsprint industry.

This doesn't quite square up to me. Why would the Rs have NOT extended the "assault weapons ban" after the first 10 years if they truly accepted gun/weapon control? If anything, one could make the argument that they've generally hardened their views on protecting 2nd Amendment rights.
in the last 100 years, the gap between civilian and government has widened exponentially.

team-republican's typical modern day fight is on the lower end of that spectrum. will they advocate for civilian use of more advanced weapons, more freedoms

Everything.
The NY TIMES....a bastian of journalistic integrity. Come on man, you're better than to quote that pile of poop.

That " pile of poop" is recognized as THE best US newspaper there is by publishers in virtually every country in Europe and the rest of the free world. One doesn't need to add up all of their Pulitzers to determine its reputation.

The fact that Times reporters keep pulling Trump's pants down on a regular basis only serves to ratchet up the Right's displeasure of being confronted with political truth, while the rest of the non-TrumpLovers just wait for Hannity at 9:00 P.M. for YOUR version of reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT