ADVERTISEMENT

Another white supremacist mass shooting

Exactly. I have yet to see one justification as to why a civilian should own a weapon like that.

well you don't NEED your fancy car either. Let's take that away. You don't NEED your tv or 7 spray shower. Those are just wastes of resources. We don't NEED alcohol, that kills people all the time. Let's get rid of that freedom too while we're shitting on things. Let's get rid of all sugar. Obesity kills. However you are right about your scenario. He does have a tactical advantage. So if you want to put up a barrier to this, then carry. I guarantee if every person in that walmart is packing this guy runs out of balls and this doesn't happen. Maybe 1 on 1 a person is disadvantaged with a handgun but not 1 on 20. Why ignore that side of your tactical argument? you can DO SOMETHING!

To the lib's that is not a valid discussion point. They'd rather take freedom's away (and no, Indy 35 I'm not supporting white supremists, Antifa, the Black Panthers, or any other whacked out group including the KKK-all seven remaining members) while making sure only their kind ever wins the White House again. When your ideology is such that you're totally intolerant of the other's idea's, nothing like carrying is tolerated in their discussion points.

Here you go with a false equivalency. I never said I wanted to all your guns away. I want to know why anyone needs a semi automatic assault weapon. Because they don’t. Please do not put words in my mouth.

well you don't NEED your fancy car either. Let's take that away. You don't NEED your tv or 7 spray shower. Those are just wastes of resources. We don't NEED alcohol, that kills people all the time. Let's get rid of that freedom too while we're shitting on things. Let's get rid of all sugar. Obesity kills. However you are right about your scenario. He does have a tactical advantage. So if you want to put up a barrier to this, then carry. I guarantee if every person in that walmart is packing this guy runs out of balls and this doesn't happen. Maybe 1 on 1 a person is disadvantaged with a handgun but not 1 on 20. Why ignore that side of your tactical argument? you can DO SOMETHING!
Your answer is “because freedom” and then waving red herrings around. That’s not good enough for me, sorry. There is no practical use for large magazines. None.

To the lib's that is not a valid discussion point. They'd rather take freedom's away (and no, Indy 35 I'm not supporting white supremists, Antifa, the Black Panthers, or any other whacked out group including the KKK-all seven remaining members) while making sure only their kind ever wins the White House again. When your ideology is such that you're totally intolerant of the other's idea's, nothing like carrying is tolerated in their discussion points.
Make a salient argument as to why someone has any use whatsoever for a 30 round magazine on a semiautomatic long rifle.

Because they wanna is not a salient argument.

Make a salient argument as to why someone has any use whatsoever for a 30 round magazine on a semiautomatic long rifle.

Because they wanna is not a salient argument.

Yes, twin, please do tell. Especially crazy people. Because they’re all crazy according to you. So why so crazy people especially need these weapons?

Your answer is “because freedom”. That’s not good enough for me, sorry. There is no practical use for large magazines. None.
Probably the same reason that I have had cars and motorcycles with 140 or 160 mph speedometers and obscene 0-60 acceleration, not that either is at all sensible, of course...
But, unfortunately, the results of people possessing them are so very different historically and tragic.
You are right, it no longer is good enough in today's world.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
t
Aren't they all...in their own little way...bat shit crazy?

Twin. There are times when I think we are all a bit off. We live in a time when everything’s is changing so quickly that we are all a bit adrift. Plus the speed of communication is mind boggling. My great grandmother told me that it took 3 months for the news of McKinley’s assassination to reach her community. Now we instantly know - and see disturbing pictures of- events happening thousands of miles from us.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
White supremacy is a small fraction of white people across the world that take an extremist position. Members of ISIL or Al Qaeda is a small fraction of Muslims that take an extremist position.

Neither represent white people or Muslims as a whole. No race encourages mass murder, and no religion does either.

Mental illness, when motivating as a crime factor to me at least, means they aren't thinking clearly and don't understand what they are doing.

The shooter in El Paso knew exactly what he was thinking, strategizing, doing, etc.

I agree, I don't think anyone in their right mind would think that shooting up a mall, school, festival or whatever is appropriate behavior for society. They're definitely mentally ill and might be influenced by any number of factors that trigger their sick mind.

So, really your answer is “do nothing, because freedom.” You are truly a useless puppet in this discussion.
I'm fine with doing something that would work. The things I've heard are stupid, knee jerk, useless gestures right up there with thoughts and prayers.

Why would you think that you should pose an either-or question? Despite your attempts to do so, most real world decisions and actions are more complex than either-or analysis. The alternatives that you propose simply are not mutually exclusive. Nor would including various political positions in your query, or various personal issues.
Much of my disagreement with the President and his supporters is the apparent refusal to attempt moderately complex analyzation of issues and to rather opt for simplistic either-or decision making.

The argument is a simple one:
A lot of lefties are making the argument that white supremacy and Trump have some culpability in these mass shootings.
My question to them, is: Ok, then does the islamic religion and koran have soe responsibility for influencing a muslim who commits murder in the name of islam? (most lefties would say that they don't and they're just a lone wolf crazy person and religion had nothing to do with it.)

The argument is a simple one:
A lot of lefties are making the argument that white supremacy and Trump have some culpability in these mass shootings.
My question to them, is: Ok, then does the islamic religion and koran have soe responsibility for influencing a muslim who commits murder in the name of islam? (most lefties would say that they don't and they're just a lone wolf crazy person and religion had nothing to do with it.)
Would not the proper comparison be white supremacists with jihadists, not with Muslims? You present a false equivalency as a premise in your proposition.

Would not the proper comparison be white supremacists with jihadists, not with Muslims? You present a false equivalency as a premise in your proposition.

Either one. The point being, you can't lump in Trump supporters, righties, conservatives, and Republicans just like you can't lump in muslims and followers of islam with jihadists.
But, that's what's happening this week.

This view that anyone who shoots/kills a lot of people is mentally ill is inconsistent with the history of man. I know what you all are saying and to some extent I agree but it is a simplistic argument and is not a defense for lack of control of these rapid firing, no reloading machine gun type guns. (my knowledge of guns is very limited). Of course I think people have the right to have guns but that is really not the question here.

Either one. The point being, you can't lump in Trump supporters, righties, conservatives, and Republicans just like you can't lump in muslims and followers of islam with jihadists.
But, that's what's happening this week.
I generally try to avoid over-generalization and lumping, although admittedly not always successfully.
I can justify the Trump inclusion for some level of responsibility because with his bully pulpit, the strongest in the world, he has opted to paint Hispanics, particularly immigrants, in dark ways. The commonest recognition of the meaning of the word "invasion" would be an incursion of an army for conquest or plunder and its usage isn't an accident. Subconsciously, I would submit, it's usage is designed to be taken in war terms, real war, and that coupled with the pathology of mass shooters seemingly makes them particularly accepting of seeing the world through the real war prism, particularly me against them who are holding me back and taking that to which I am entitled. Since the beginning of the year, the Trump campaign has published 2200 advertisements on Facebook utilizing the term invasion, which has certainly been amplified significantly.
That is, imho, a clear reason that some level of responsibility exists,and for which I simply see no corollary from any Democratic Presidential candidate.

You do realize your rhetoric and the way you say it, tends to push folks away from even considering your arguments, don't you?
He doesn’t care because he thinks he’s the smartest person on the board. He’s not, he just screeches his left-wing tripe the loudest and with the most emotion. There is no reasoning with this guy. He’s as close-minded as they come.

I generally try to avoid over-generalization and lumping, although admittedly not always successfully.
I can justify the Trump inclusion for some level of responsibility because with his bully pulpit, the strongest in the world, he has opted to paint Hispanics, particularly immigrants, in dark ways. The commonest recognition of the meaning of the word "invasion" would be an incursion of an army for conquest or plunder and its usage isn't an accident. Subconsciously, I would submit, it's usage is designed to be taken in war terms, real war, and that coupled with the pathology of mass shooters seemingly makes them particularly accepting of seeing the world through the real war prism, particularly me against them who are holding me back and taking that to which I am entitled. Since the beginning of the year, the Trump campaign has published 2200 advertisements on Facebook utilizing the term invasion, which has certainly been amplified significantly.
That is, imho, a clear reason that some level of responsibility exists,and for which I simply see no corollary from any Democratic Presidential candidate.

You can try to create a corollary between what Trump says and what someone does, as long as you're willing to agree that the same argument can be made for what the koran says and what a jihadist does in the name of islam.
But, the media is all too happy to assign blame to Trump in these situations but when it's a muslim causing the mayhem, it's treated much differently. Typical double standard.

You can try to create a corollary between what Trump says and what someone does, as long as you're willing to agree that the same argument can be made for what the koran says and what a jihadist does in the name of islam.
But, the media is all too happy to assign blame to Trump in these situations but when it's a muslim causing the mayhem, it's treated much differently. Typical double standard.
I suppose that my response should be that we may as well talk about the Bible next. However, I have no interest in excerpting religious texts from 1300, 2000, and 2500 years ago to match my views of aberrant religious beliefs to form an equivalency with modern speech and social media.

You do realize your rhetoric and the way you say it, tends to push folks away from even considering your arguments, don't you?
I am making no attempt whatsoever to change your mind or SDBoiler, bonefish, hunkgolden, etc. When you get proven wrong again and again with documented facts and still can't begin to understand, I don't think any of you have that capability. Mockery is what's left. But why don't you prove me wrong. Will you say right now that the image you posted about the electoral college was fake? Prove that you're capable of understanding that.
https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/th...to-do-away-with-the-electoral-college.173456/

He doesn’t care because he thinks he’s the smartest person on the board. He’s not, he just screeches his left-wing tripe the loudest and with the most emotion. There is no reasoning with this guy. He’s as close-minded as they come.
Are you still crying about that beating I gave you about gerrymandering? Where I posted a quote from the Republican Senate leader saying the map was fair, while your only claim was that the boundary maps didn’t look right. Hard hitting analysis from you on that one. Haha

Or when you claimed Obamacare was responsible for rural hospital closures? I posted studies proving otherwise while you said “respected sources say differently” without being able to provide any of that information.

Or when you claimed that Obama visiting gay bathhouses was documented fact and provided a link to the freaking National Enquirer?

Last edited:
The equivalency I draw between some of the extreme right wing rhetoric and Muslim extremism is when a Muslim issues a fatwa on foreign invaders in the holy land. I can see pretty easily the parallels between Trump and others calling people invaders, going into the “name basket and this one’s a murderer, oh this one’s a rapist, oh and this one is another murderer” with the thinly veiled implication that every person attempting to cross the border - legally or illegally - is a capital criminal. Similar to the rhetoric of the Taliban and other extreme Muslim groups, people who aren’t from here are lesser people, and are to be treated as such, and shall assimilate or be subjected to measures meant to dehumanize them.

Reactions: 70boiler
Are you still crying about that beating I gave you about gerrymandering? Where I posted a quote from the Republican Senate leader saying the map was fair, while your only claim was that the boundary maps didn’t look right. Hard hitting analysis from you on that one. Haha

Or when you claimed Obamacare was responsible for rural hospital closures? I posted studies proving otherwise while you said “respected sources say differently” without being able to provide any of that information.

Or when you claimed that Obama visiting gay bathhouses was documented fact and provided a link to the freaking National Enquirer?
Cry because of you and what you write on here? Sorry, but you’re just not that important, smart, or erudite. You’re just an angry, hateful, leftist internet tough guy. You’ve swallowed the left-wing identity politics mantra hook, line, and sinker.

BTW, you seem to spend every waking hour on this board, as if you have nothing better to be doing. Why is that?

Cry because of you and what you write on here? Sorry, but you’re just not that important, smart, or erudite. You’re just an angry, hateful, leftist internet tough guy. You’ve swallowed the left-wing identity politics mantra hook, line, and sinker.

BTW, you seem to spend every waking hour on this board, as if you have nothing better to be doing. Why is that?
Your utter gibberish aside, you mange to respond to my posts. Do you have nothing better to do? That's a weak argument that's common to those that don't have anything better to say. I understand why you'd get so angry when your complete ignorance is constantly pointed out.

You've been here for 18 years and 1 month and have 13,800 posts.You average 63 posts per month. I've been here 12 years and 8 months.and have 5,893. I average 38 posts per month. i understand that facts will do nothing but confuse you, but who lives here?

Last edited:

See, now here is where it gets interesting. It comes down to interpretation.
While the majority of the Koran is a guide book to how to live your life peacefully, there are certainly a few parts that promote violence. The same is true of the Bible. Just as our society has evolved over the past few thousand years, we've learned to separate the parts that are still socially acceptable (You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors /
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness) from the parts that.....haven't aged well (death to the infidels / stone the adulterer).

The problem is, some people haven't figured that out yet. I met a person last year who got visibly upset with me (I almost thought he was going to throw a punch) because I tried to reason with him the concept of evolution. He wanted nothing to do with it and absolutely BELIEVED to his core that human life began with Adam and Eve, exactly as the Bible says. Some people just get fixated on certain words that either inspire them or kinda reach their core mental programming, and once it's there, it's nearly impossible to change.

This is where Trump's problem comes. I'm not on the bandwagon that he is a racist, specifically, or that he endorses white supremacy. I just think that he doesn't properly think through his remarks before he speaks them. I'd have to find the exact source to get the numbers right, but I read that a majority of politicians give speeches with words that have an equivalent required education level of a 6th-7th grader. It makes sense; you don't want to throw out words that a portion of your target audience will be confused by. Again, I'd have to find the source, but I believe I read that Trump's usual speeches are rated to a lower equivalent grade level (2nd to 3rd). I am not trying to insult him or the intelligence of his target audience. I just think he shoots from the hip with a lot of his language and he puts it out there in broad terms that he thinks everyone will understand.

The problem therein becomes interpretation. The more that you generalize, the more you "dumb-it-down", the greater the range of false interpretation. Between this practice and the fact that a lot of his rhetoric is delivered via Twitter (where he has to convey his opinion in a truncated 160 character limit), two different groups will look at the exact same statement and take completely different meanings (ie. Democrats will say "that's a racist statement" while a white supremacist will say "Look, it's a call to arms!").

How many times have we seen it where Trump will release a late night / early morning tweet, and then we had Conway or Sanders on CNN or Fox News the next day saying "What the President is really trying to say here is....". If the President really, truly wants to get away from the characterizations that he is racist / white supremacist empowering, he needs to choose his words more carefully. The Koran and the Bible are thousands of years old and have are filled with parables to for you to "interpret what the deeper meaning is". The trick is to convince the audience what the right answer is.

So Norway, France, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, China, South Korea, Scotland, Switzerland, Canada.....don't count?

For purposes of this discussion, just how many firearm mass murders would one expect from (expletive) SWITZERLAND ??!!! Pacifist nation, small population, hardly any guns. Go ahead and COUNT them, fool...…....for what, I don't know, but COUNT 'em if you must.

The remainder of my rebuttal involves 8th grade arithmetic....
In other words, for YOU ? - futility

" Let's get rid of that freedom, too...……"
Getting rid of AK-15's is piggy-backed on getting rid of freedom....rhetorically....

And here we all thought TopSecret lacked intellectual heft...…….

Last edited:
See, now here is where it gets interesting. It comes down to interpretation.
While the majority of the Koran is a guide book to how to live your life peacefully, there are certainly a few parts that promote violence. The same is true of the Bible. Just as our society has evolved over the past few thousand years, we've learned to separate the parts that are still socially acceptable (You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors /
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness) from the parts that.....haven't aged well (death to the infidels / stone the adulterer).

The problem is, some people haven't figured that out yet. I met a person last year who got visibly upset with me (I almost thought he was going to throw a punch) because I tried to reason with him the concept of evolution. He wanted nothing to do with it and absolutely BELIEVED to his core that human life began with Adam and Eve, exactly as the Bible says. Some people just get fixated on certain words that either inspire them or kinda reach their core mental programming, and once it's there, it's nearly impossible to change.

This is where Trump's problem comes. I'm not on the bandwagon that he is a racist, specifically, or that he endorses white supremacy. I just think that he doesn't properly think through his remarks before he speaks them. I'd have to find the exact source to get the numbers right, but I read that a majority of politicians give speeches with words that have an equivalent required education level of a 6th-7th grader. It makes sense; you don't want to throw out words that a portion of your target audience will be confused by. Again, I'd have to find the source, but I believe I read that Trump's usual speeches are rated to a lower equivalent grade level (2nd to 3rd). I am not trying to insult him or the intelligence of his target audience. I just think he shoots from the hip with a lot of his language and he puts it out there in broad terms that he thinks everyone will understand.

The problem therein becomes interpretation. The more that you generalize, the more you "dumb-it-down", the greater the range of false interpretation. Between this practice and the fact that a lot of his rhetoric is delivered via Twitter (where he has to convey his opinion in a truncated 160 character limit), two different groups will look at the exact same statement and take completely different meanings (ie. Democrats will say "that's a racist statement" while a white supremacist will say "Look, it's a call to arms!").

How many times have we seen it where Trump will release a late night / early morning tweet, and then we had Conway or Sanders on CNN or Fox News the next day saying "What the President is really trying to say here is....". If the President really, truly wants to get away from the characterizations that he is racist / white supremacist empowering, he needs to choose his words more carefully. The Koran and the Bible are thousands of years old and have are filled with parables to for you to "interpret what the deeper meaning is". The trick is to convince the audience what the right answer is.

Very well said. And I tend to agree with much of it. I don't like seeing Pres Trump fire off tweets that make his supporters say " I wish he wouldn't have said that" but, I also don't think that anyone is taking what he says and misinterprets is to the degree where they honestly believe it's a call to arms and to cause mass murder.
If, as some would like you to believe, Trump is inspiring white supremists to commit murder, why would these people only be targeting blacks or hispanics where they can find them concentrated as opposed to indiscriminately shooting up a Walmart or festival.

Here you go with a false equivalency. I never said I wanted to all your guns away. I want to know why anyone needs a semi automatic assault weapon. Because they don’t. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Okay, do we punish the many for the few? What if I really like shooting an AK/AR but never abuse owning it? Like I said before, I could own 10 of them, but I don't...simply because I'd rather shoot pistols with high accuracy, or clay/skeet with shotguns.

99.9% of AK/AR owners never abuse the power they have or the destruction they can serve on humanity. And, when something like this occurs, people get wound up screaming the worst. And again, I'm not condoning these shootings or the shooters in any way and think they're horrible.

What good does protestors at the Dayton/El Paso rally do when the Prez arrives, or for that matter those protesting the protestors. The way to resolve any issue is open and honest dialogue by both parties involved, yet the Dem's want to use it to further their effort to impeach Trump, who if we are honest had nothing to do with any of it. Hell, now we're finding that the El Paso shooter may have had contact with Muslim terrorist groups, or at the least studied their philosophy.

And what good does it do for you or I to call people, including the Prez names....it does nothing but put logs on a fire that shouldn't be burning.

You know, I'd bet that you as a liberal, and me as a conservative, could set down with a few beers and come up with a workable solution and probably walk away somewhat friends. But first, we'd have to check the knives and guns at the door. And then be honest and respect the other's thoughts.

Twin. There are times when I think we are all a bit off. We live in a time when everything’s is changing so quickly that we are all a bit adrift. Plus the speed of communication is mind boggling. My great grandmother told me that it took 3 months for the news of McKinley’s assassination to reach her community. Now we instantly know - and see disturbing pictures of- events happening thousands of miles from us.
Beth, well said and I totally agree. Not to mention there are over 1000 channels on my cable system all playing "Gotcha". I detest social media, and what it's bringing to the world. Everyone's a photographer, they're journalist's, and their opinion is the only one that's valid or matters.

Yes, twin, please do tell. Especially crazy people. Because they’re all crazy according to you. So why so crazy people especially need these weapons?
PF, I will stand my ground that anyone....who would take another's life whether by gun, knife, car, or fishing rod is nuts and mentally unstable. The exception being soldiers and police who are following orders.

Probably the same reason that I have had cars and motorcycles with 140 or 160 mph speedometers and obscene 0-60 acceleration, not that either is at all sensible, of course...
But, unfortunately, the results of people possessing them are so very different historically and tragic.
You are right, it no longer is good enough in today's world.
Been wanting to ask....and this might be a good time to veer from the current subject matter, do you ride today

I am making no attempt whatsoever to change your mind or SDBoiler, bonefish, hunkgolden, etc. When you get proven wrong again and again with documented facts and still can't begin to understand, I don't think any of you have that capability. Mockery is what's left. But why don't you prove me wrong. Will you say right now that the image you posted about the electoral college was fake? Prove that you're capable of understanding that.
https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/th...to-do-away-with-the-electoral-college.173456/
C'mon @TwinDegrees2 , you've been posting in the thread but ignoring this post. Prove that you're capable of understanding when you're wrong. Prove you can recognize when completely false information is used.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT