ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Drops Series at Michigan

Conference race is incredibly tight, with the top 6 having played each other this weekend. If Iowa beats Illinois today, the top 6 will be separated by 1 game. Iowa will be done. Purdue hosts Illinois. Nebraska at Michigan St. Michigan at Indiana.

Conference race is incredibly tight, with the top 6 having played each other this weekend. If Iowa beats Illinois today, the top 6 will be separated by 1 game. Iowa will be done. Purdue hosts Illinois. Nebraska at Michigan St. Michigan at Indiana.

Yep - Boilers need a sweep of the Illini and Nebraska to drop at least one against Michigan State.....could be a two or three team tie @ 16-8 IF things break Purdue's way.

Those late losses against Indiana and Michigan likely the difference for the regular season crown, and only shot now for the NCAA tourney is for Purdue to get the auto-bid winning the Big Ten tournament.

I can't remember, does the winner of the BT regulars season get an at-large and tourney winner get an automatic?

I watch a lot of SEC/ACC baseball and those dudes are a different breed. They'd likely destroy most B10 teams.

I can't remember, does the winner of the BT regulars season get an at-large and tourney winner get an automatic?

I watch a lot of SEC/ACC baseball and those dudes are a different breed. They'd likely destroy most B10 teams.

Conference tournament winner gets the auto-bid to the NCAA field. Slim pickings right now for at-large bids.

Conference tournament winner gets the auto-bid to the NCAA field. Slim pickings right now for at-large bids.
Yeah, B1G might get one at-large but it wouldn't likely be Purdue. The top half of the conference is just beating each other up. No one stands out.

Current NCAA baseball championship odds (mind you they don't get updated with great regularity):
Nebraska +10000
Iowa +15000
Indiana +15000
Maryland +20000

I swear now that I looked at them, they haven't been adjusted, at least at the bottom, in a month or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT