ADVERTISEMENT

Will this be our biggest win of the year?

POTFHBTFU

Sophomore
Jul 25, 2021
Illinois may be the second best team in the big ten to us. I’d rather play wisconsin again than Illinois. They lost to Marquette in a close one with Cockburn out, bad loss vs Cincy, tough game against #3 Arizona, and has played really good even with curbelo out. This may be our biggest win as a loss for Illinois might be more important than a win for us. I’d rather beat Illinois on the road than Rutgers for that reason.

Illinois may be the second best team in the big ten to us. I’d rather play wisconsin again than Illinois. They lost to Marquette in a close one with Cockburn out, bad loss vs Cincy, tough game against #3 Arizona, and has played really good even with curbelo out. This may be our biggest win as a loss for Illinois might be more important than a win for us. I’d rather beat Illinois on the road than Rutgers for that reason.
I sure as hell hope not. It was a great win but there are a bunch of them left on the schedule. Our best wins of the year are going to come in the NCAAT!

I sure as hell hope not. It was a great win but there are a bunch of them left on the schedule. Our best wins of the year are going to come in the NCAAT!
For sure, I meant of the regular season. At wisconsin might be up there and the MSU road game. Illinois doesn’t have to play at Ohio state or wisconsin and would have been tough to catch up with them down 3 games if we lose.

Reactions: delarno
For sure, I meant of the regular season. At wisconsin might be up there and the MSU road game. Illinois doesn’t have to play at Ohio state or wisconsin and would have been tough to catch up with them down 3 games if we lose.
Yes, huge win no doubt. A loss really would have put us in a bind relative to winning the Big Ten. We would have been 3 down in the loss column and now we are only one.

Without a doubt the most important win so far this season. Considering it's a road game against the #1 team in the conference going into the game. Our matchups were very difficult, size vs size, shooters vs shooters, they probably had the edge in team quickness. So yeah,....I agree, this was the biggest, most important win to this point.

Thursday night and every game after that one will be the next most important games. Cause this is the B1G and you are about half way through the conference regular season. With two losses, we can't aford to look past anyone, home or away. Every game has to be approached that way. Chip on our shoulder, focused on one game at a time.... We can still do it.

I would say that it is the biggest resume win so far, being a road win. Villanova was big too, of course. I think you can make a strong case that Purdue deserves a one seed at the moment.
Don't tell Mike DeCourcy...he may have dropped Purdue another line just because they did not win in regulation.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Don't tell Mike DeCourcy...he may have dropped Purdue another line just because they did not win in regulation.
Yeah, his comment that he dropped Purdue a seed line because we didn’t play Michigan (due to their Covid outbreak) is such hor$e$hit. DeCourcy has always been a shill for IU (and Coach K) and seems to go out of his way to dig at Purdue. He’s not even good at his job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT