ADVERTISEMENT

Will Moore see double defenders?

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Moore had a big first game. Now the country knows about him. Defensive coordinators will pay special attention to him. Will he have more defenders closing in on him and see occasional doubles? Great chance for other Purdue receivers to step up.

Moore had a big first game. Now the country knows about him. Defensive coordinators will pay special attention to him. Will he have more defenders closing in on him and see occasional doubles? Great chance for other Purdue receivers to step up.
great chance to use him as a decoy once in awhile too.

The first time we have an outside receiver make a couple Mahoungou like catches off of the extra attention on moore.. we will be rolling.

Bc he is in the slot, it will be easier to move him around to get matchups that favor him. At best, the defense will be forced in to a nickel package to have a DB play against him in the flat and roll a safety over the top. However, depending on the call (zone vs man), Moore can be put in motion to force the defense in to either having a LB or S in one on one coverage or then putting a CB on an island with an outside WR.

What really gets exciting is the decoy stuff Brohm can now use bc of Moore’s big play potential.

I would say that on kickoff returns they will start kicking away from him more. I would like to see Amad Anderson back there with him, since he did kickoff returns in HS too.

I'm just hoping he doesn't transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT