ADVERTISEMENT

Will Karlaftis or Bell play final 3 games?

Jul 9, 2005
Curious on thoughts if Karlaftis or Bell play the remaining 2 games or the bowl game? George appears to be a consensus top-15 pick lock and Bell doesn’t have much else to prove either. Would you risk playing given both of their situations? I still hate knowing what happened to Lorenzo Neal in his final game against IU and how much $ he lost out on. Why would George or David risk playing?

Curious on thoughts if Karlaftis or Bell play the remaining 2 games or the bowl game? George appears to be a consensus top-15 pick lock and Bell doesn’t have much else to prove either. Would you risk playing given both of their situations? I still hate knowing what happened to Lorenzo Neal in his final game against IU and how much $ he lost out on. Why would George or David risk playing?
Risk of injury is present every game played, and the love of the game helps high performance athletes minimize that risk every time they step on the field!!! :)

Are you kidding? Norm

Both will play because they want to and you probably don't want them to. They still have things to accomplish. Mcfadden or Fryfogle playing the last 2 games? They certainly have no reason to.

Both will play because they want to and you probably don't want them to. They still have things to accomplish. Mcfadden or Fryfogle playing the last 2 games? They certainly have no reason to.
Come on dude he’s just asking for a friend 🙄

Now you've done it. I posted they should both not play the rest of the season for the exact reasons you posted. The sky fell right after that. I don't like players leaving early, but if they don't someone needs a big insurance policy to get them to stay.

This thread is the dumbest shit an indiiiiiiinia fan ever posted here

That explains it.

I was secretly thinking, "Damn, what a dumb question. Clearly doesn't know what kind of person DB3 and GK5 are." But out of respect, I was just gonna keep my mouth shut.

But then it all makes sense from a dumb sh!t Indinia fan trying to troll by asking dumb sh!t questions. Moving on.

They’re are both in contention for national awards. They will play. Bowl game might be a maybe.
I agree with Nat100’s view. Many top end players across the nation finished their season. They forego bowl to start focusing on NFL combine and draft day preparations.

I know for a fact that one has an insurance policy and have heard that the other one does also. It's pretty common among those expected to have the opportunity to go high in the draft.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Sounds like Indinia’s Stephen Carr has already cleaned out his place and headed back to California to prep for the draft. He was one of their few players who’s actually been able to gain positive yardage this year, so this is a bold move for the RevCoach LEO. We’ll see how it works out, Cotton.

Now you've done it. I posted they should both not play the rest of the season for the exact reasons you posted. The sky fell right after that. I don't like players leaving early, but if they don't someone needs a big insurance policy to get them to stay.
As a lifelong Purdue fan and graduate from the College of Ag, I’m kind of surprised at the disconnect some of these “experts” have with their thinking here on this board. I’m not an Indiana fan- I actually bleed hatred for that school. What I presented is very much a business decision these two great athletes have and the responses demonstrate how senile some of our fans truly are. If you can’t comprehend the reasoning for my question and where it is coming from (instead jump to “he’s an IU fan”) I can only appreciate my education and connection to the world even more while many are stuck with their head in the clouds.

Word on the street is that GK and DB#, both being Indiana kids, Purdue fans and Purdue players, really, really dislike iu. As in, they dislike iu so much, that not only do each of them want to have career type games, but they want to completely demoralize and humiliate the iu program and fan base.
If I were an iu fan, I'd hope they wouldn't play either.

Mcfadden is the only one still playing, There are rumblings of locker room issues. LEO didn't last.

I work with a big IU fan. He has reported some grumbling in the locker room, concerns about players playing when injured, and multiple portal exits after the season.

It’s too bad..he’s actually a decent IU fan

Reactions: purduepat1969
As a lifelong Purdue fan and graduate from the College of Ag, I’m kind of surprised at the disconnect some of these “experts” have with their thinking here on this board. I’m not an Indiana fan- I actually bleed hatred for that school. What I presented is very much a business decision these two great athletes have and the responses demonstrate how senile some of our fans truly are. If you can’t comprehend the reasoning for my question and where it is coming from (instead jump to “he’s an IU fan”) I can only appreciate my education and connection to the world even more while many are stuck with their head in the clouds.
Your alleged Purdue degree is clearly deficient in deductive logic, as well as an understanding of why people are drawn to college athletics.

Using your rationale, Why would any “great athlete” EVER risk the possibility of ruining a lucrative pro career by subjecting themselves to college competition???

Our Purdue stars are here to play the games, and to get an education— it’s a pretty straightforward concept, but one that is apparently lost on the Indinia expatriates who lurk on these forums.

Hopefully they both have injury insurance.

That explains it.

I was secretly thinking, "Damn, what a dumb question. Clearly doesn't know what kind of person DB3 and GK5 are." But out of respect, I was just gonna keep my mouth shut.

But then it all makes sense from a dumb sh!t Indinia fan trying to troll by asking dumb sh!t questions. Moving on.
Your repeated use of dumb shit let’s me know you’re not to be trifled with 😁

With all due respect, I think you are the one who has the disconnect. I understand your thought process, but you seem to lack awareness of the individuals of which you speak. There have been multiple times when either of these guys could have decided to sit out for various reasons. The most notable was after the vicious hit DB3 took in the ND game. GK took the field from game 1 this season as a projected first round pick, yet he has gone out there every week to absorb double and triple teams for the betterment of the team. These guys aren't quitting on their teammates with 2 games left and the opportunity to cap something special.

If you were half as smart as you think you are then every first round pick would sit out every year because “hey I was a projected first round pick. Someone told me that as I was about to go to practice.. so I took my pads off and moved back to my parents to await the draft.”

Last edited:
Actually I would think a great performance in a quality bowl would help both of their stock. Neither looked great against OSU. I expect both to play the season out.
Agree neither Bell and Karlaftis showed like they did against some of the other teams we've played but I still think they are in a pretty good position in the draft.

I could see either guy sitting out a lower level bowl game but I would be surprised if they don't play the last 2 regular season games.

Agree neither Bell and Karlaftis showed like they did against some of the other teams we've played but I still think they are in a pretty good position in the draft.

I could see either guy sitting out a lower level bowl game but I would be surprised if they don't play the last 2 regular season games.
They were both gameplanned out. Ohio state and Wisconsin could both afford to put extra attention on those guys and cover the rest of the field with fewer resources… knowing that kydran Jenkins couldn’t beat a single team fast enough for it to matter.

those two didn’t “play worse” dude … 🙄

They were both gameplanned out. Ohio state and Wisconsin could both afford to put extra attention on those guys and cover the rest of the field with fewer resources… knowing that kydran Jenkins couldn’t beat a single team fast enough for it to matter.

those two didn’t “play worse” dude … 🙄
Agree to disagree. We haven't seen Bell drop to many TD passes this year like he did near the end of the game and he had more than one opportunity to make some plays when he was one on one. I'm not saying he was bad, he just wasn't his best. It also didn't help that Ohio State had two or three receivers have pretty good games.

As for Karlaftis, he's been double teamed all year and has still made his presence felt. He just wasn't a difference maker in this game.

Both are great and they'll both go in the first few rounds so I'm not trying to argue but I don't think its a stretch to say they didn't have their best games last Saturday.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I say both will play thru the bucket game. George is a high 1st round projection, he may opt out of a bowl game ( unless it's in Vegas baby ). Bell still may have some more upside to gain in the draft if he plays in a bowl game. I give George a 50/50 chance @ playing in a bowl. Bell = 70% he will play in bowl. If I was George I would sit. I totally changed my tune on this after the LB from nd blew his knee out in a bowl game a few years back. He was projected high in 1st round.

Reactions: pboiler18
Agree to disagree. We haven't seen Bell drop to many TD passes this year like he did near the end of the game and he had more than one opportunity to make some plays when he was one on one. I'm not saying he was bad, he just wasn't his best. It also didn't help that Ohio State had two or three receivers have pretty good games.

As for Karlaftis, he's been double teamed all year and has still made his presence felt. He just wasn't a difference maker in this game.

Both are great and they'll both go in the first few rounds so I'm not trying to argue but I don't think its a stretch to say they didn't have their best games last Saturday.
Agree with you totally.

On bell.. sometimes there is a lot of pressure dealing with multiple players that are better than anyone else besides you on on your offense.. so I could see him trying to overcompensate.

on karlaftis two things.. double teamed by better talents than previous doubles and also Ohio state was getting the ball out super quick to nullify the pass rush

If they don’t so what.. I appreciate them both. They are both Purdue legends .. both can walk into a room with rod woodson, drew Brees etc and feel like they belong in my book
Oh absolutely. Now that the season is over it is a reasonable thing to consider. The bowl game is icing on the cake and dangerously close to the combine dates. I would be somewhat surprised if either guy plays and I wouldn't think anything of it if they don't. But I also won't be surprised if Brohm takes their status all the way to game week to make our opponent game plan for them.

Oh absolutely. Now that the season is over it is a reasonable thing to consider. The bowl game is icing on the cake and dangerously close to the combine dates. I would be somewhat surprised if either guy plays and I wouldn't think anything of it if they don't. But I also won't be surprised if Brohm takes their status all the way to game week to make our opponent game plan for them.
We have questions at both spots..

> defensive end - can Anderson give us reason to be excited. We know what Sullivan is and I question his burst, though he appears to be improving. I’d like to see what Anderson brings

> wide receiver - if rice and yaseen are out, will broc thompson show that he is a serious option opposite Wright? Can Collin Sullivan get involved.. seems he’s been dressed forever, would like to see something

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT