ADVERTISEMENT

Will Berg needs some financial assistance to travel to Greece for international play...dig deep.

There needs to be a Purdue/Braden Smith GoFundMe to cover the million dollars or likely more that it's costing Braden in NIL money to return to Purdue instead of entering the portal.
Nah we reward players and pay them what they’re worth and up it after each season. Good try tho.

Funny how You disappeared after your great post of “wHos GoiNG tO gUaRD wARe aNd REneaU? THeY cAN shoOt tHe 3 at 40%”

The answer was no one. No one guarded either one of them out there, just like cupps and gallo because they weren’t threats and no need to waste energy. Painters plan was to dare them to shoot and make them make shots…they did not.

Continue to try and Troll I suppose.

Last edited:
I am proud of our fans raised $ 7500 in a few hours for Cam and Will ! Proud to be a Purdue fan and on Purdue's day of giving raised almost $ 80 Million. This stuff sticks with a program. Thank You all !
$16k** combined for Will and cam! Small donations too. Pretty cool to see. Hope that helps keep them around a bit more 😊

Nah we reward players and pay them what they’re worth and up it after each season. Good try tho.

It's been stated online that lead guard and consensus #2 in the portal, Johnell Davis, is seeking 1.5 to 2 million in NIL for this upcoming season.

Certainly you believe Smith is half as good a player as Davis, so hence, the market value of Smith is at least half, right?

It's been stated online that lead guard and consensus #2 in the portal, Johnell Davis, is seeking 1.5 to 2 million in NIL for this upcoming season.

Certainly you believe Smith is half as good a player as Davis, so hence, the market value of Smith is at least half, right?
You do understand that the value provided to a player is not only the NIL payment, that there's an cost associated with the risk of moving to a new situation, correct?

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

He's asking it, but no way a guard who couldn't get his team past a decimated NW team in 1st round gets that much.

Last year was his chance for highest payday IMO and he made mistske of being loyal to Dusty, who of course bailed when the ship started to go down last year.

Purdue allegedly found NIL loop holes to take care of Edey last year. I'm sure Smith is being compensated nicely, and the Bolermake Alliance could find enough to keep him if it becomes an issue.

Side rant...all these contracts should be published publicly like pros if these athletes want to paid like pros. I'd be shocked if some of these are as high as what is being reported.

He's asking it, but no way a guard who couldn't get his team past a decimated NW team in 1st round gets that much.

Last year was his chance for highest payday IMO and he made mistske of being loyal to Dusty, who of course bailed when the ship started to go down last year.

Purdue allegedly found NIL loop holes to take care of Edey last year. I'm sure Smith is being compensated nicely, and the Bolermake Alliance could find enough to keep him if it becomes an issue.

Side rant...all these contracts should be published publicly like pros if these athletes want to paid like pros. I'd be shocked if some of these are as high as what is being reported.

I heard Smith made 800k+ this past year in NIL. Would figure that only goes up next year. Even if a lot of it is jersey sales and such, Edey not being there leaves a pretty big hole that Smith seems in-line to fill

I heard Smith made 800k+ this past year in NIL. Would figure that only goes up next year. Even if a lot of it is jersey sales and such, Edey not being there leaves a pretty big hole that Smith seems in-line to fill
If legitimate figures, yeah…no chance he would leave then for a few extra hundred thousand and the uncertainty of a new situation.

You got cooked by others, but I’ll respond too.

Johnnell Davis may certainly THINK he’s worth that much, but he’s certainly not that great. Hell, no player in the portal is worth that much this year. But he should try to get some sucker to pay that much (kinda like how Ballo got IU to pay him $1.2M, which was straight robbery by Ballo and good for him/his agent).

So do I think smith has a market value thats half as much as Davis? Yes, and probably even more. He’s younger and still developing and played vs better competition. Also, Davis and Smith are different players. And if I need a PG, I’m taking Braden—who just broke the all time B1G single season assists record. His impact as a whole means more to a team than Davis. Now, if they played 1 on 1, Davis wins more than likely…but doesn’t mean he’s the best fit every time over smith.

Davis had 9 turnovers in his last career game with FAU vs Northwestern, who were missing their starting 7 footer and best 3pt shooter.

He’s good, but played poorly vs mediocre competition this past year and couldn’t beat a northwestern team They were a buzzer beater away from no one ever hearing about Dusty May or Johnnell Davis.

But by all means, maybe IU can shell out another $1M to see if they can finally get past the second weekend for the first time in 20 years.

You got cooked by others, but I’ll respond too.

Johnnell Davis may certainly THINK he’s worth that much, but he’s certainly not that great. Hell, no player in the portal is worth that much this year. But he should try to get some sucker to pay that much (kinda like how Ballo got IU to pay him $1.2M, which was straight robbery by Ballo and good for him/his agent).

So do I think smith has a market value thats half as much as Davis? Yes, and probably even more. He’s younger and still developing and played vs better competition. Also, Davis and Smith are different players. And if I need a PG, I’m taking Braden—who just broke the all time B1G single season assists record. His impact as a whole means more to a team than Davis. Now, if they played 1 on 1, Davis wins more than likely…but doesn’t mean he’s the best fit every time over smith.

Davis had 9 turnovers in his last career game with FAU vs Northwestern, who were missing their starting 7 footer and best 3pt shooter.

He’s good, but played poorly vs mediocre competition this past year and couldn’t beat a northwestern team They were a buzzer beater away from no one ever hearing about Dusty May or Johnnell Davis.

But by all means, maybe IU can shell out another $1M to see if they can finally get past the second weekend for the first time in 20 years.
That's a 10-8 round for you.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT