ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing to me

lovelyblonde

True Freshman
Aug 27, 2018
It really does amaze me the people who don't think Berg should get any minutes right now, but will defend Furst and his sloppy play. Before anyone jumps on me, I LOVE THIS TEAM and all of the players, but just reading or hearing comments that do not make any sense to me whatsoever. Furst is an older player that has had chance after chance and Berg hasn't seen many minutes, but will get us some quick point everytime in.

Reactions: mathboy
It really does amaze me the people who don't think Berg should get any minutes right now, but will defend Furst and his sloppy play. Before anyone jumps on me, I LOVE THIS TEAM and all of the players, but just reading or hearing comments that do not make any sense to me whatsoever. Furst is an older player that has had chance after chance and Berg hasn't seen many minutes, but will get us some quick point everytime in.

Furst and TKR have yet to set the world on fire, but both do better as ,5s than 4. In the last game I thought Furst's play was below average.

Reactions: lovelyblonde
Furst and TKR have yet to set the world on fire, but both do better as ,5s than 4. In the last game I thought Furst's play was below average.
I totally agree. I just get tired of the ones defending them and laughing at when someone suggests maybe Berg deserves some more minutes. Furst loses the ball way too much right now.

Furst is struggling. I’ve seen some describe it as he has lost confidence. He does play hard and we have seen him be a difference maker in the past. I think Paint is just letting him play through it, hoping he breaks through. I do agree somewhat about Berg maybe running with the second unit a bit. What can it hurt to try?

Reactions: Boiler Buck
looks like you noticed my comment on Furst in the Berg thread today around 3;30. This is Furst's 3rd yr in and being a former Mr. Basketball, I was expecting a bit more. He misses most of his short shots, so so FT shooter, gets bottled up in the lane, then puts it on the floor and gets a jump ball call. Seems like he tries and plays decent D on opposing bigs, must of played against inferior competition in H,S. As far as TKR goes, seems like the more PT he gets, the better

looks like you noticed my comment on Furst in the Berg thread today around 3;30. This is Furst's 3rd yr in and being a former Mr. Basketball, I was expecting a bit more. He misses most of his short shots, so so FT shooter, gets bottled up in the lane, then puts it on the floor and gets a jump ball call. Seems like he tries and plays decent D on opposing bigs, must of played against inferior competition in H,S. As far as TKR goes, seems like the more PT he gets, the better
Actually I didn't see your comment, but agree with you. I know we know it's up to what coach wants, its his team, but we all have questions at times.

Unless you believe Berg is also a better option than TKR to backup Edey at the 5, poor play by Furst won't result in more minutes for Furst, it will just mean more minutes for TKR and Gillis.

Except in situations when someone's in foul trouble (which is rare for Edey) we could play without Furst or Berg and we would be fine.

By the way I don't agree that Berg is a better option than Furst, but in the end it really won't determine whether Purdue wins or loses this year.

Yea I am sure I can do that. This is a discussion board, other wise we would probably have all of our thoughts and concerns answered by the coach huh?
Berg has shown some promise, but we haven’t real seen him in a competitive situation yet. The coaches see all of the practices, so I have to trust Painter that he isn’t ready to break into the rotation, which is understandable, given Purdue’s depth on the front line.

As I see it, Painter can always have an excellent post player on the court with Edey or TKR. Furst, on the other hand, brings athleticism and hustle. I’d say that it just isn’t Berg’s time yet.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Actually I didn't see your comment, but agree with you. I know we know it's up to what coach wants, its his team, but we all have questions at times.
Something tells me that Furst is going to have a breakout game, just like Loyer did, when he was the target of many well paid coaches on here a few weeks back! I know a lot of guys like to show how WISE of basketball minds you have, but at the end of the day your just a bunch of little puppies barking at a blank wall, waiting for someone to throw you a bone! Proud to be a BOILER!

Something tells me that Furst is going to have a breakout game, just like Loyer did, when he was the target of many well paid coaches on here a few weeks back! I know a lot of guys like to show how WISE of basketball minds you have, but at the end of the day your just a bunch of little puppies barking at a blank wall, waiting for someone to throw you a bone! Proud to be a BOILER!

Rsomm, another puppy barking at the wall. Lol.

It's a basketball board. Enjoy the discussion. Enjoy the season.
My barking is done. Lol.

Defense is still 50% of the game.
If you aren't able to discern the value that players like Gillis and Furst bring beyond scoring that's ok.
I am happy we have a coach that grasps the value and treasures guys like that.
We did NOT win that tournament because our offense was on fire. ;)

Berg is still young, needs growth and maturation, lucky for us his growth is against the best big man in the country at practice. I don't agree that Berg would "get us some quick points everytime in", your sample for that is small and mostly against mid major bench players. CP gets to evaluate these players everyday at practice and has determined that we need Furst or TKR to take the minutes at the 5 when Zach is out, that is good enough reason for me. We may see Berg take some minutes, but for now I expect he is going to continue to improve at practice.

I wouldnt hate trying Berg, but I wouldnt hate also trying Heide at the 4 either against smaller teams. We have some horses that can run this year and would love to just let them fly. The show time Lakers of the 80's used to run constantly with an older Kareem, fast break isnt 5 on 5, so even with Edey out there we can just put some horses in and run.

l
Yea I am sure I can do that. This is a discussion board, other wise we would probably have all of our thoughts and concerns answered by the coach huh?
lol that guy doesn't really think when posting...just posts whatever pops up in his head and then will contradict himself later...

• Haha
We all are rooting for the Boilers...but it is a discussion board for people to discuss...Purdue...basketball. Some think Berg should play over Furst, others do not and some don't have an opinion yet. But we all continue to want Purdue to succeed.

Right now Furst is the much better option, Berg in my opinion would be a disaster if he were forced to play a lot of minutes, way too slow right now. I do think he’ll be a nice player, just don’t think he’s ready yet, obviously Painter agrees. As for Furst, he’s playing fine except he needs shots to fall, he’s missing easy ones, hopefully, that changes!

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Furst is the elf in the latest Purdue food drive commercial! If you give 5 items, you get his picture as an elf! He therefore MUST stay! At least until the food drive has concluded.

Right now Furst is the much better option, Berg in my opinion would be a disaster if he were forced to play a lot of minutes, way too slow right now. I do think he’ll be a nice player, just don’t think he’s ready yet, obviously Painter agrees. As for Furst, he’s playing fine except he needs shots to fall, he’s missing easy ones, hopefully, that changes!
I started this about Furst, simply because if you have been watching games, he struggles to hold onto the ball. For the few minutes Berg has played, he has had an impact. I still want Furst to do well, so I hope he gets it turned around on offense very soon. I will be the first to hype him when he does.

Berg has shown some promise, but we haven’t real seen him in a competitive situation yet. The coaches see all of the practices, so I have to trust Painter that he isn’t ready to break into the rotation, which is understandable, given Purdue’s depth on the front line.

As I see it, Painter can always have an excellent post player on the court with Edey or TKR. Furst, on the other hand, brings athleticism and hustle. I’d say that it just isn’t Berg’s time yet.
But Furst has had a lot of trouble holding on to the ball If he can have an all around game soon, I will be applauding him for sure.

But Furst has had a lot of trouble holding on to the ball If he can have an all around game soon, I will be applauding him for sure.
Sure, but he also has a track record and Painter knows what he is capable of. Players are going to have rough patches. Furst is very athletic and plays hard, but sometimes has to play through some rough patches.

Furst is the most athletic of the 4/5 group. He may be struggling due to less minutes, not starting or any number of other mental things. Hopefully he can get it sorted as he can be really good when he is on.

I started this about Furst, simply because if you have been watching games, he struggles to hold onto the ball. For the few minutes Berg has played, he has had an impact. I still want Furst to do well, so I hope he gets it turned around on offense very soon. I will be the first to hype him when he does.
ALL you see is OFFENSE.
One track mind.

Yes I do!!
But we know you don't have the opinion that playing pretty good defense is enough to earn pt. ;)
Score the ball or you aren't any good. IF you score the ball THAT IS THE WHOLE GAME and you should be starting.........
that's where we differ.

Yes I do!!
But we know you don't have the opinion that playing pretty good defense is enough to earn pt. ;)
Actually I do and I take the view that if Loyer is killing us on defense so much, that his offense isn't gonna help enough only showing up every 3 to 4 games. We need both and last night I thought Furst was better than the game before. AGain, I don't dislike any of our guys. Been a fan for a VERY LONG TIME, but I have opinions on things just as everybody else does.

Actually I do and I take the view that if Loyer is killing us on defense so much, that his offense isn't gonna help enough only showing up every 3 to 4 games. We need both and last night I thought Furst was better than the game before. AGain, I don't dislike any of our guys. Been a fan for a VERY LONG TIME, but I have opinions on things just as everybody else does.
absolutely fine. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT