ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren't Purdue fans clamoring for more shooters?

Give Smith and Loyer a little time. They are just getting started.
I agree, which is why I said that we haven't had a back court that is mature and talented since the 2018 and 2019 teams. Jaden was obviously talented and I agree that Braden and Fletcher are talented and are likely to be very good.

It's not fair to those two but Purdue really needs Braden and Fletcher to hit their stride this year if Zach comes back.

I keep reading about Purdue's shortfall being a dearth of athletes or an antiquated offense, but it is an undisputable fact that when Purdue lost last season it was primarily because they couldn't shoot the ball from deep and that allowed defenses to sag in the middle and gum up the rest of the offense. Defense was worse in losses than in wins but the offense was abysmal at just over 61 points per game.

Three Point Shooting was a weakness all year but in the six losses the shooting was abhorrent, averaging 24% from deep, shooting 22% or worse four times and below 20% twice. They still got good looks and shot the same number of threes per game in losses versus wins (21), but their conversion percentage was the worst in the country.
I'm clamoring for MP to look at what he is doing to result in his proven shooters to lose all confidence in hitting open shots that they had previously made at a high rate.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT