ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you find +/- ratings in box scores? Which site has them?

I take it back - if you look in the advanced metrics section of the link in my post above, you will see "BPM" which is an adjusted +/-.

I take it back - if you look in the advanced metrics section of the link in my post above, you will see "BPM" which is an adjusted +/-.
Ok thanks appreciate you taking the time. The Indy Star guy who rates players performance uses this metric as part of his player ratings. Example:

Zach Edey — He picked up his second foul with 4:30 left in the first half and the game changed from there. Ohio State went on an 11-2 run with him on the bench and took a five-point lead into halftime. He became the program's all-time leading rebounder (passing Joe Barry Carroll) in the first minute of the second half, then went down and scored off an easy hook. He finished with 22 points, 13 rebounds and was a perfect 8-of-8 at the free-throw line. But he had six turnovers as the OSU bigs did a great job smothering him and having active hands to slap the ball loose from Edey. "That wasn't something that's really happened to him, all year," Matt Painter said afterward. Edey still had a team-best +/- of +10. Rating: 7.5

Btw Ohio State is the greatest slapping down on the ball without fouling team in the history of basketball, college and pro. Thus, Painters comment above, cryptic, because he does not go after refs.

+/- can have some value when looking over many games. But for individual games it is a completely useless measure that people use incorrectly to try and make their point for an individual player. CMP has been guilty of it himself with Morton earlier this season, I believe it was the Alabama game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT