ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the scoop on Arizona ?

I think we match up well. Should have a slight advantage inside with Edey.

Game in Indy will be crazy as I can't recall a time before where #1 vs. #2 was played so early in the season.
They still have the big foreign guy inside ?

Reactions: Woodsa
They still have the big foreign guy inside ?

Oumar Ballo, yes. All five starters in double figures against Michigan State, who played them tough right before Thanksgiving after getting down big in the first half. Michigan State didn't shoot well enough and gave up some critical second chance scores from the part I saw. Was an entertaining contest.

It should be another battle. Caleb Love (transfer from North Carolina) will be a tough cover, especially if he is hitting from deep. Definitely the type of team Purdue could see IF it were playing the second week in the tournament......but, that's a long long way down the road.

Oumar Ballo, yes. All five starters in double figures against Michigan State, who played them tough right before Thanksgiving after getting down big in the first half. Michigan State didn't shoot well enough and gave up some critical second chance scores from the part I saw. Was an entertaining contest.

It should be another battle. Caleb Love (transfer from North Carolina) will be a tough cover, especially if he is hitting from deep. Definitely the type of team Purdue could see IF it were playing the second week in the tournament......but, that's a long long way down the road.
I was thinking of Tubelis. He’s playing pro ball overseas according to google.

Not known for 3pt shooting but good guards who can penetrate and hit on the midrange.

Ballo is a solid big but not near the level of Zach. Will be curious how he adjusts to playing against him.

We will need to limit penetration and slow down the tempo.

Don’t forget we also have Northwestern, Iowa and Alabama before we play Arizona.

Not known for 3pt shooting but good guards who can penetrate and hit on the midrange.

Ballo is a solid big but not near the level of Zach. Will be curious how he adjusts to playing against him.

Don’t forget we also have Northwestern, Iowa and Alabama before we play Arizona.
And they should be our focus!

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
And they should be our focus!
Same. One game at a time.

Northwestern is always tough at home and on a Friday night - makes me a little nervous.

Iowa - they have some solid freshmen players to compliment their returning players. Their only downside is Fran is their coach. Perhaps once all his kids have used their college eligibility Iowa will consider a change.

Playing Alabama and Arizona is beneficial as they have some similar qualities. Both teams want to run, averaging about 73 possessions per game over the last 3 years. This is about 7 possessions higher than our FASTEST team over the same time.

Alabama is probably a poor man's Arizona at this point. Probably equally good offensively, but Nate Oates hasn't figured out how to get 2 teams in a row to play defense (3rd in 2021, 92nd in 22, 3rd again in 23, currently 61 in KP Adj D). Watching them get completely carved up by Ohio State was pretty fun.

I still don't know how good Arizona is defensively, they played Duke and MSU but MSU isn't good on offense unless their guards get hot and Duke might be Kyle Filipowski + 5* talent (and somehow still Jeremy Roach??) that isn't that good of a team and might not have a good coach. Duke played their best ball at the end of the year last year, BUT that was possibly the worst ACC ever. So were they better or just playing a bunch of Nebraska-level teams?

Either way, will be 2 awesome games for Purdue and glad they end up back-to-back due to the similar styles and qualities of the teams.

We have a advantage over everyone on the inside with Edey how the outside game is going will determine our wins
Pretty much, but have you seen how big this team is? I did see where thankfully most of their bigs don't log enough minutes. But they have four 7 ft or bigger.

Same. One game at a time.

Northwestern is always tough at home and on a Friday night - makes me a little nervous.

Iowa - they have some solid freshmen players to compliment their returning players. Their only downside is Fran is their coach. Perhaps once all his kids have used their college eligibility Iowa will consider a change.

NW should make anyone a bit nervous. Between their home court, the possibility of bad B10 refs, and their ability to shoot the 3 when they get going, and it can be a potential loss. Be a nice test for our emerging D though, put a major damper on their 3's and they lose easily like they did vs. Miss. State.

NW should make anyone a bit nervous. Between their home court, the possibility of bad B10 refs, and their ability to shoot the 3 when they get going, and it can be a potential loss. Be a nice test for our emerging D though, put a major damper on their 3's and they lose easily like they did vs. Miss. State.
And as long as Collins doesn't try and grab Fletcher again like last year. Still can't believe after the videos showed him clearly interfering with the game and a player that there was 0 public reprimanding for that.

And as long as Collins doesn't try and grab Fletcher again like last year. Still can't believe after the videos showed him clearly interfering with the game and a player that there was 0 public reprimanding for that.

Or a call on the bench?

I am sure most of our B10 refs are great people and of unapproachable character. But given B10 history I have watched, there have been more than a few head scratching crucial moments, that would at least make one wonder if perhaps one or two aren't on the take? But maybe I watch too many cop/crook shows...lol.

Or a call on the bench?

I am sure most of our B10 refs are great people and of unapproachable character. But given B10 history I have watched, there have been more than a few head scratching crucial moments, that would at least make one wonder if perhaps one or two aren't on the take? But maybe I watch too many cop/crook shows...lol.

The biggest one I recall from last year was Rutgers/Ohio State, but the conference at least acknowledged that "mistakes were made."

ohsnap.gif

Reactions: Boiler Buck

My daughter goes to Arizona so i pay attention to them. This will be a huge test for Eddy. Ballow is big, strong. Offensively he wont challenge him, but he will be a big body at 7 foot 265lbs or so.

They also bring a 7'2 kid 260 lbs off the bench, more size and fouls against Eddy. Their guards are quick, best player might be their PF Johnson or guards named Boswell or the transfer in Love. They are fast, big and athletic in the back court.

Should be a great test. They are a legit contender.

Or a call on the bench?

Buck, I see the same. First it was the NFL and how obvious to me the game was being controlled by someone other than the two teams playing the game. The Big ten games are managed to the spread in my opinion. Makes my head explode because it fears me to think it's bad enough to make me leave the game I hold the closest.

Buck, I see the same. First it was the NFL and how obvious to me the game was being controlled by someone other than the two teams playing the game. The Big ten games are managed to the spread in my opinion. Makes my head explode because it fears me to think it's bad enough to make me leave the game I hold the closest.

Any any walk of life you have lots of great people, but always a few corrupt people looking for the easy buck. I am afraid referring population is likely no different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT