ADVERTISEMENT

ISU/Drake

May 1, 2016
Anybody watching this game? Can't help but think about how Zach would go for at least 40 against either of these teams.
I've thought all year that ISU wouldn't win a game in the BT. I guess we will find out soon enough how some of these teams match up.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
Drake pulled the upset. I'll be curious to see if ISU still gets a spot in the tournament given that they were ranked earlier in the year. Quite a few tournament upsets so far.

Samford is losing in their tournament, too, despite dominating their conference all season (and of course we crushed them by like 40 points).

Reactions: Hardwood
I think I heard they only have 1 Quad 1 win. Probably be sweating it on Selection day.

Reactions: pboiler18
Drake pulled the upset. I'll be curious to see if ISU still gets a spot in the tournament given that they were ranked earlier in the year. Quite a few tournament upsets so far.

Samford is losing in their tournament, too, despite dominating their conference all season (and of course we crushed them by like 40 points).
yea but they have a 17 - 14 Nova team in it

Reactions: pboiler18
yea but they have a 17 - 14 Nova team in it

Yea Nova & M$U are bothersome type teams. Both have a few big wins ....but plenty of big losses. Way more.

If M$U loses to iu today (Big If) they will be 18-13.

Thus if/when both lose in their respective tourney's will have 15 loses and 14 losses respectively. How is that many losses worthy of anything but watching the tournament?

Meanwhile ISU 6 losses can't get in. I know M$U beat ISU but believe it was close and on MSU court?

Last edited:

Indiana State's resume here. #26 in the NET, which in and of itself isn't enough, but a ranking that high has never been left out.

1-4 against Quad 1, with the win being at Bradley. Meh. It will be difficult to compare them to teams like St. John's, Mississippi State, and New Mexico because they just don't have the quality wins.

22-1 against Q3-4.

I am rooting for the trees, but I can't say right now if they'll make it.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I think ISU is in barring several "bid stealers" in the coming week. I think that NET ranking will carry the day. For the poster above that said they wouldn't win a game in the B1G, you couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. I think they are better than MD, Rutgers, PSU and Michigan. If Michigan can manage to win 3 games ISU could do it too.

Hoping ISU makes it, my wife was a cheerleader for the trees, she was crushed today. Hoping at least a play in Tuesday, they were like 29 going in I heard, no doubt they’ll be sweating. At any rate, their entire lineup is underclassmen, wonder how many return, hope they all do.

I think ISU is in barring several "bid stealers" in the coming week. I think that NET ranking will carry the day. For the poster above that said they wouldn't win a game in the B1G, you couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. I think they are better than MD, Rutgers, PSU and Michigan. If Michigan can manage to win 3 games ISU could do it too.

8f38f6c3-759e-477c-8336-6a1b1b3c677b_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT