ADVERTISEMENT

Well crap...IU pauses activities to Covid

Yep didn’t want to say anything until it got out , but Brian said Both sides (Purdue and IU) were having the same possible COVID problems.

Reactions: DAG10
Looks more and more likely the game will be cancelled.

At this point the B1G should of just not played any games at all.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Looks more and more likely the game will be cancelled.

At this point the B1G should of just not played any games at all.

Nah. Im grateful for the games I got to see. There would be no spring football IMO. The VID numbers are only going to increase. No way they would start a season with these numbers. I think everyone benefited from the games we were able to get in. Was it perfect? Not by any stretch. But it was a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Just never know with this virus. Seems you can be doing everything right and still have it happen unfortunately. Pretty sure neither squad went home for Thanksgiving.

IU having played MD, a team with multiple Covid case cancellations the 2 weeks prior, followed by a trip to Madison, one of the worst Covid places around likely didn't help. And I am sure Alvarez never considered playing that game in B-ton despite the high positivty rate there.

Purdue at home vs Rutgers (from a high Covid area), maybe?? But haven't heard much about Nebraska.

Just sucks for both schools. Unfortunate, but hope both sides get well quick. Maybe a week 9 vs a wk 8 matchup??

Just never know with this virus. Seems you can be doing everything right and still have it happen unfortunately. Pretty sure neither squad went home for Thanksgiving.

IU having played MD, a team with multiple Covid case cancellations the 2 weeks prior, followed by a trip to Madison, one of the worst Covid places around likely didn't help. And I am sure Alvarez never considered playing that game in B-ton despite the high positivty rate there.

Purdue at home vs Rutgers (from a high Covid area), maybe?? But haven't heard much about Nebraska.

Just sucks for both schools. Unfortunate, but hope both sides get well quick. Maybe a week 9 vs a wk 8 matchup??
Kind of interesting the perennial top teams have been able to avoid the bug (tongue is placed SQUARELY in cheek). As far as I can tell, most of their missed games/postponements have been from the team they were supposed to play? ND may be the outlier but I can't remember if their cancelled Wake Forrest was on them or Wake.

Kind of interesting the perennial top teams have been able to avoid the bug (tongue is placed SQUARELY in cheek). As far as I can tell, most of their missed games/postponements have been from the team they were supposed to play? ND may be the outlier but I can't remember if their cancelled Wake Forrest was on them or Wake.

Game was cancelled due to an outbreak at ND. I believe they played South Florida the week before and had 20 something players out. Most of the top teams (Alabama, ND, Clemson) have had multiple games postponed but due to their conference having a pair, started their seasons that allowed for built-in bye weeks to make up necessary games. Big Ten give their member schools ZERO room for error. Epic leadership and virtue signalling failure on the B10's part.

Just because you like to hide in your basement, doesn't mean everyone else should.
What a reach of a response. My comment was in context with the B1G starting late and cancelling so many games. Nothing more.

The conclusion you came to is both irrelevant, out of context, substance lacking and completely off the mark. Try again perhaps?

Nah. Im grateful for the games I got to see. There would be no spring football IMO. The VID numbers are only going to increase. No way they would start a season with these numbers. I think everyone benefited from the games we were able to get in. Was it perfect? Not by any stretch. But it was a hell of a lot better than nothing.
fair enough. My last line was more sarcasm than anything else. We should of played sooner really and maybe got more games in before the VID went rampant.

I cannot imagine EITHER team would want to "back out" of this game.

For Indiana it's another step for building upon a season that has not happened in over 100 years (a 1-loss season) and continue to play games to impress the NY6 committee.

For Purdue, what better way to salvage something from a disappointing season than to beat Indiana on the road when no one expects them to do so, and likely keep them from a NY6 bowl game.

I think the most likley scenario is a postponement to the day of the BIG 10 Title game, since we all know OSU will be in it somehow (and rightfully so, IMO).

I cannot imagine EITHER team would want to "back out" of this game.

For Indiana it's another step for building upon a season that has not happened in over 100 years (a 1-loss season) and continue to play games to impress the NY6 committee.

For Purdue, what better way to salvage something from a disappointing season than to beat Indiana on the road when no one expects them to do so, and likely keep them from a NY6 bowl game.

I think the most likley scenario is a postponement to the day of the BIG 10 Title game, since we all know OSU will be in it somehow (and rightfully so, IMO).
Trust me, IU knows what they have. They were lucky to be in the same galaxy against tOSU. If tOSU hadn't taken their foot off the accelerator, they might have scored 70 on IU's amazing defense.

Last edited:
Trust me, IU knows what they have. They were lucky to be in the same galaxy against tOSU. If tOSU hadn't take their foot of the accelerator they might have scored 70 on IU's amazing defense.

By the same token, if IU doesn't drop a 4th and 1 pass that sets ups first and goal and fumbles on the 5 yard line minutes before half, you're looking at possibly a 21-14 half time score and not 28-7.

• Haha
Reactions: mk_peters
Trust me, IU knows what they have. They were lucky to be in the same galaxy against tOSU. If tOSU hadn't take their foot of the accelerator they might have scored 70 on IU's amazing defense.
True, and IU does not want to play tosu again or they will be knocked out of any chance of a nyd 6 bowl game. Tosu will not let up on them this time if Purdue is out. Thus, iu may be tempted to pre-emptively claim covid to avoid tosu.

True, and IU does not want to play tosu again or they will be knocked out of any chance of a nyd 6 bowl game. Tosu will not let up on them this time if Purdue is out. Thus, iu may be tempted to pre-emptively claim covid to avoid tosu.

Big Ten already came out and said they weren't going to reschedule opponents on less than a weeks notice, so claiming IU is using COVID to duck a hypothetical game that the B10 already said wasn't going to happen doesn't warrant further discussion.

By the same token, if IU doesn't drop a 4th and 1 pass that sets ups first and goal and fumbles on the 5 yard line minutes before half, you're looking at possibly a 21-14 half time score and not 28-7.
If...if....if....IU is still the losingest CFB team in D1. While I am not a Brohm fan...never was during the hire...IU risks losing face, losing a major bowl game, and a reality check were this game to be played, PU and Brohm have at least a chance at a moral victory. My guess....IU calls it off due to "Covid".

If...if....if....IU is still the losingest CFB team in D1. While I am not a Brohm fan...never was during the hire...IU risks losing face, losing a major bowl game, and a reality check were this game to be played, PU and Brohm have at least a chance at a moral victory. My guess....IU calls it off due to "Covid".

Why would IU call it off because of COVID? Purdue suspended its team activities 4 hours before Indiana did yesterday. IU stands to gain more beating Purdue than Purdue losing to IU for a second consecutive year.

Big Ten already came out and said they weren't going to reschedule opponents on less than a weeks notice, so claiming IU is using COVID to duck a hypothetical game that the B10 already said wasn't going to happen doesn't warrant further discussion.
B10 also said it is discussing changing the rules today.

What amazes me is that, unlike almost every school, IU hasn’t had a single covid related hiccup all season. Now, when it suits its need, IU is awash in covid cases.

That’s why people chant IU sucks because they do.

fair enough. My last line was more sarcasm than anything else. We should of played sooner really and maybe got more games in before the VID went rampant.

Agreed. However, I believe the hold up was the B1G couldn't get the testing in place sooner. Im not sure if they had or could have had the testing equipment earlier.

Why would IU call it off because of COVID? Purdue suspended its team activities 4 hours before Indiana did yesterday. IU stands to gain more beating Purdue than Purdue losing to IU for a second consecutive year.
IU stands to lose much more from losing to Purdue. That is why, Geese.

Reactions: Level 42
What amazes me is that, unlike almost every school, IU hasn’t had a single covid related hiccup all season. Now, when it suits its need, IU is awash in covid cases.

Guessing playing in Madison last weekend, a team who has had to cancel 3 games this season due to COVID, probably didn't help.

IU stands to lose much more from losing to Purdue. That is why, Geese.

Then why did Purdue cancel their practice 4 hours before Indiana? Because Jeff Brohm can't afford to lose back to back games against Indiana after having his team mentally check out 3 weeks ago. Further hurts his stature and hurts in-state recruiting even more.

IU is locked into a second place finish in the B10 East, win or lose to Purdue, unless the B10 sticks true to their word and they play in the B10 championship game against Northwestern. At the very worst, IU is getting either the Outback or Citrus Bowl with the Purdue outcome being irrelevant at that point.

Then why did Purdue cancel their practice 4 hours before Indiana? Because Jeff Brohm can't afford to lose back to back games against Indiana after having his team mentally check out 3 weeks ago. Further hurts his stature and hurts in-state recruiting even more.

IU is locked into a second place finish in the B10 East, win or lose to Purdue, unless the B10 sticks true to their word and they play in the B10 championship game against Northwestern. At the very worst, IU is getting either the Outback or Citrus Bowl with the Purdue outcome being irrelevant at that point.
Not if iu loses to Purdue and then Iowa. Possibilities, geese.

Guessing playing in Madison last weekend, a team who has had to cancel 3 games this season due to COVID, probably didn't help.
If that helps you sleep better at night, fine, but don't expect anyone with a single functioning brain cell to buy it.

This is so IU, right on brand.

Last edited:
If that helps you sleep better at night fine, but don't expect anyone with a single functioning brain cell to buy it.

This is so IU, right on brand.

Right. Not like Purdue paused their team activities yesterday or anything like that? There isn't a single member within the IU football program that isn't salivating at the possibility of blowing you donkey's out.

Both teams were aware of mutual covid problems starting this week. Not sure if we’ll find out if either team is “awash” or if there were a few isolated cases. Indiana really could’ve used two wins to close out their season...not sure how missing an easy win suits their need

Both teams were aware of mutual covid problems starting this week. Not sure if we’ll find out if either team is “awash” or if there were a few isolated cases. Indiana really could’ve used two wins to close out their season...not sure how missing an easy win suits their need
Because IU knows it wasn't an easy win. It's bush league, and it's the reason everyone in the Big Ten says IU sucks.

Trust me, IU knows what they have. They were lucky to be in the same galaxy against tOSU. If tOSU hadn't taken their foot off the accelerator, they might have scored 70 on IU's amazing defense.
IU amazing Defense! Wouldn't you be happy with any defense at all.

The good thing is we won't spread more covid nor any of the other diseases IU would of given us.

The bad thing is that IU will be seeking our approval and acceptance even more since they couldn't show it on the field. And while the bucket will stay in gloomington, it'll have an asterisk next to IU since it wasn't officially played for.

Kinda funny really.

Not true Mo. A loss to PU would certainly drop IU from both of those. And with at least 10 bowls cancelled, that puts a premium on the big boys getting a spot. Most folks would rather see a cheating LSU play than an opportunistic IU.

Not true Mo. A loss to PU would certainly drop IU from both of those. And with at least 10 bowls cancelled, that puts a premium on the big boys getting a spot. Most folks would rather see a cheating LSU play than an opportunistic IU.

LSU just self-banned so they aren't even an option, and there's still enough bowls with B10 tie-ins available that a 6-3 IU goes bowling no matter what. Enjoy your offseason Ducatti.

Iu wouldn't lose to Purdue this year even if they played all back-up's. Purdue is that bad!!!
That's your opinion, and you wear clown pants. Purdue beat Iowa. We will see if Rev. Coach Leo's love boys do too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT