ADVERTISEMENT

We suck

Nojel not having touch shouldnt be a surprise...wasnt able to watch the game but seemed like everyone had a rough day with the exception of Sasha...judging from box score.

Glad they're playing quality teams early on though, will help them in conference. See IUs non con schedule? LOL

Nojel not having touch shouldnt be a surprise...wasnt able to watch the game but seemed like everyone had a rough day with the exception of Sasha...judging from box score.

Glad they're playing quality teams early on though, will help them in conference. See IUs non con schedule? LOL
We suck!!!!

This is not the first or second time O have said this but against good teams Haarms kills us on defense. How many times does his man get wide open?

Wheeler and Eastern had bad games tonight. Wheeler needs to show more consistency. I am starting to lose patience with Eastern. All the talk about his improved jumpshot and we have not seen him even attempt a long shot yet. He has got to find some aggressiveness at attacking the rim-not to settle for an awkward looking floater but to actually get all the way home and finish strong.

Sigh. It is a long season and I am sure we will get better but I am not liking the makeup of our team right now. Guys on the floor have to have the confidence to take a shot or they need to be able to make plays off of the dribble. So far this year I am seeing passing the ball around for 25 seconds and either turning the ball over or taking a (mostly) bad shot.

This is not the first or second time O have said this but against good teams Haarms kills us on defense. How many times does his man get wide open?

Wheeler and Eastern had bad games tonight. Wheeler needs to show more consistency. I am starting to lose patience with Eastern. All the talk about his improved jumpshot and we have not seen him even attempt a long shot yet. He has got to find some aggressiveness at attacking the rim-not to settle for an awkward looking floater but to actually get all the way home and finish strong.

Sigh. It is a long season and I am sure we will get better but I am not liking the makeup of our team right now. Guys on the floor have to have the confidence to take a shot or they need to be able to make plays off of the dribble. So far this year I am seeing passing the ball around for 25 seconds and either turning the ball over or taking a (mostly) bad shot.

The problem with Haarms on D is that he continues to pull himself from the basket to help double team guards. Then he gets burned. It happened over and over with no adjustment. So frustrating to watch it.

The problem with Haarms on D is that he continues to pull himself from the basket to help double team guards. Then he gets burned. It happened over and over with no adjustment. So frustrating to watch it.

and we have literally seen that same thing happen 5-10 times during the Haarms era and Painter never has an answer for it. It always happens against the more athletic teams. You’d think we would expect it by now

Reactions: purduepat1969
My buddy said Texas has one of the most talented teams in the nation. Haven't looked it up but he thought they had like 9 top 100 kids. If so, maybe Texas will be very good this year and this might not be a bad loss.

Reactions: CHUD in FL

I love the experts who think they no better I also love fans who could not sniff playing at a level like this yet WANT to complain. I wud surely love to see you sir try to play 1 second at this level and let’s see how u do yet complain complain complain. But that’s the nature of being a FAN u have an opinion

I love the experts who think they no better I also love fans who could not sniff playing at a level like this yet WANT to complain. I wud surely love to see you sir try to play 1 second at this level and let’s see how u do yet complain complain complain. But that’s the nature of being a FAN u have an opinion

I already knew that was coming. You can make all the excuses you want about why your son had not played up to his potential in the past- but no one is allowed to criticize him or point out when he is not playing well.

I already knew that was coming. You can make all the excuses you want about why your son had not played up to his potential in the past- but no one is allowed to criticize him or point out when he is not playing well.
No excuses but hey 2 games into the season this is exactly what I new was coming last I check about 30 games to go

I don’t understand why people freak out about losses in November.
Its like they have never watched a full season of basketball before. Have they watched any other games this last week? Pretty much every team I have watched this week looked bad for many stretches of each game.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I've never seen a Purdue team who didn't lose to a team with a name in November/December. If you don't understand this is how it works yet, I don't know what to say. They always get better, and then they always run into a more athletic team and don't make the Final Four.

I've never seen a Purdue team who didn't lose to a team with a name in November/December. If you don't understand this is how it works yet, I don't know what to say. They always get better, and then they always run into a more athletic team and don't make the Final Four.
Disagree that UVA was more athletic than us.

Stop deflecting and blaming Nojel and his mom for YOUR stupid behavior. Talk about excuses. You should have enough maturity and decency not to throw a tantrum and criticize the grammar and logic of a player's mom posting on this board.

This thread is destined to be dug up and ridiculed in February, just like the ones from last year's meltdown after the loss to ND.

This thread is destined to be dug up and ridiculed in February, just like the ones from last year's meltdown after the loss to ND.

I for one am not melting down. I told everyone that I watched the game with last night that I felt like we might lose. It is certainly not a game that I am saying “THERE IS NO REASON WE SHOULD HAVE LOST THIS GAME!” Nope... I am simply pointing out observations. Same thing I did last year when I said Wheeler needed to play more. Nojel was my favorite player last year partly because of his remarkable improvement on free throw shooting. We simply need more from him if we are going to be a good team. We are not a good team right now.

I’m throwing a tantrum? Ms. Eastern saw a couple of critical posts about her son and within 5 minutes had sent out more than 10 replies to various people on various threads questioning our right as fans to say anything negative. Why is it immature to point out someones obvious lack of grammar when iit is known they are a parent. I see it done all the time on this board. Could it be because you know she is a woman? How very sexist of you. If parents are going to be on a Purdue fan site they shouldn’t be treated any differently than any Purdue fan. The truth is she is not a Purdue fan, she is a Nojel Eastern fan. That is completely fine... but if you are not a Purdue fan and you can’t handle your son getting criticized then that is 2 good reasons to NOT be on a Purdue fan site.

After 2+ years of giving us all of the reasons why Nojel has not played up to his 4-star rating- she says she will be offering the same criticism of him if he is still playing like this come Big Yen season.

REMEMBER THIS- because nothing would make me happier than for Nojel to become first team all B10- win defensive player and lead Purdue to B10 championship #25.... but if all I see in 2 months time is more excuses... well, I guess we will cross that bridge if we get to it.
Mr listen you are entitled to your opinion that’s fine say what you want one I’m not gonna change what I write how it write it bad grammar or not I didn’t no I needed your approval with what I write or how it’s spelled or misspelled who cares. I don’t need sympathy guy I don’t need nobody coming to my defense I’m a grown women I can handle my own even the likes of you with your opinions. Your opinions of who you think my son is or what he isn’t is simply your opinions don’t make them right plz understand that.

Yes Nojel is my son I’m his number 1 fan however I support and cheer every player on this team I come to each of these players defense bcuz that’s what I do. I did not no my son has to make u happy he don’t play for you he play for himself and his team not me or you period. Criticizing him he’s about his lack of play I can’t stop peoples opinions bcuz being in the public eye it comes with the territory. Bottom line it really doesn’t matter what you think keep thinking what you doing is right tough guy coming on a message board berating a player bcuz he hasn’t played in 2 years to your standard yet he did help Purdue win a big ten championship and help Purdue get to an elite eight doing what he do whatever it is yet he wins games but I guess that’s not enough huh.

Season gonna go on despite your rants about what my son hasn’t done you complaining about it won’t charge nothing and as for me being on this site it’s my god giving right to be here and trust and believe none of you intimidate me by your words life going still go on and I won’t let no one still my joy this season that I believe will be a special one and Nojel gonna help make it special too.

I for one am not melting down. I told everyone that I watched the game with last night that I felt like we might lose. It is certainly not a game that I am saying “THERE IS NO REASON WE SHOULD HAVE LOST THIS GAME!” Nope... I am simply pointing out observations. Same thing I did last year when I said Wheeler needed to play more. Nojel was my favorite player last year partly because of his remarkable improvement on free throw shooting. We simply need more from him if we are going to be a good team. We are not a good team right now.
Not a good team after 2 games not many are. Florida state lost to nichols who barely barley lost to Illinois than Florida state beat the number 6th team in Florida so does that make them a bad team 2 games into the season. You think Florida is saying they a bad team after 1 loss early November and calling out there players like you are doing who knows.

As I said b4 life will go on I’m gonna enjoy watching my son do what he do whether you like what he do or don’t do that’s ur right be mad or disappointed so be it but my son is not here at Purdue to prove absolutely nothing to you that’s just how it goes and if what he isn’t doing not making you happy than I can’t help you.

If this is not a meltdown for you then you need serious help. Losing this game clearly sent you into a tantrum. You were obviously raised to exhibit no self control.

Iuhaterade needs to disappear. What a loser. Please start your own forum and leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT