ADVERTISEMENT

We Need a Wilcher in March...& Thank You Huskers...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
Sometime your regulars aren't hitting their shots. Then we better be ready to have someone from the bench ready with theirs in the tournament...

That's why there many of us want to see more minutes for Colvin and Heide. Let's hope Painter learned his lessons after the loses to double seated teams in the last few years.

Thank you Huskers.

Sometime your regulars aren't hitting their shots. Then we better be ready to have someone from the bench ready with theirs in the tournament...

That's why there many of us want to see more minutes for Colvin and Heide. Let's hope Painter learned his lessons after the loses to double seated teams in the last few years.

Thank you Huskers.
Hopefully we don’t lose to a team with 3 seats this year!

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER

Thank you Huskers.
Mason Gillis says hello

Thank you Huskers.
Wilcher has bee proving himself all year. He is a regular.

I would like to see Furst step up again. We may get one of those crews who think Edey deserves fouls because he's big.

Reactions: pboiler18
Mason Gillis says hello
Gillis was afraid to shoot during the FDU game if you remembered. He is shooting well this year, but I think we need additional shooters like Colvin and Heide in case we get in the "deer in the headlights moment" again with both our players and coaches.
Wilcher has bee proving himself all year. He is a regular.

I would like to see Furst step up again. We may get one of those crews who think Edey deserves fouls because he's big.
Yes. We need to Furst going too.

Gillis was afraid to shoot during the FDU game if you remembered. He is shooting well this year, but I think we need additional shooters like Colvin and Heide in case we get in the "deer in the headlights moment" again with both our players and coaches.

Yes. We need to Furst going too.
The FDU game is a big outlier in Gillis' career. He's hit some massive shots for Purdue. If you are going to go on a single game and assume it's going to be the case again, maybe we should just excuse ourselves from the NCAA tournament.

The FDU game is a big outlier in Gillis' career. He's hit some massive shots for Purdue. If you are going to go on a single game and assume it's going to be the case again, maybe we should just excuse ourselves from the NCAA tournament.
I don't think anyone is saying the FDU lose is due to Gillis. I think the coaches deserve much more blames than the players. That's why they are paid millions to figure this sh!t out. It's the coaches that need to prepare the players and have a backup plans when sh!t go south. I'm saying we need to have Colvin & Heide ready as backup plans. What happened in the tournament is what the regular folks remember the most and Purdue been crapping the bed in the last few years.
And when it happens over and over is not outlier anymore, it's a trend. If you don't see a trend in the last few years then I don't know what the hell to tell you.

If Loyer, Smith, Jones, Heide, and Gillis all act like deer in the headlights this year, Purdue has a big problem that a freshman 4-star player is not going to solve.

Purdue does not need Colvin to produce this year. The team and Colvin need him to embrace the Purdue system and the physicality of the college game so that he can be several steps ahead of the freshmen next year.

If Loyer, Smith, Jones, Heide, and Gillis all act like deer in the headlights this year, Purdue has a big problem that a freshman 4-star player is not going to solve.

Purdue does not need Colvin to produce this year. The team and Colvin need him to embrace the Purdue system and the physicality of the college game so that he can be several steps ahead of the freshmen next year.
Spot on. We're doomed if the guys wilt under the bright lights. If they step up and play to their abilities, we should go far regardless how much Colvin impacts the games.

Reactions: RossMackey

This.

Colvin’s potential is undeniable, but it’s also undeniable that for the most part, he has looked to be totally overmatched physically, and in understanding what’s required to succeed at big boy basketball…

Time is his friend!

This.

Colvin’s potential is undeniable, but it’s also undeniable that for the most part, he has looked to be totally overmatched physically, and in understanding what’s required to succeed at big boy basketball…

Time is his friend!

Imo. it's been awhile....but Colvin now is not ready on both sides of the ball. Might have the prettiest jump shot on the team, but ball sticks when he has it, and stands around on offense. D not there obviously.

I agree he has a tremendous upside and world's of athletic ability. With great Purdue coaching he could be all B10. Hope that happens.

Last edited:
Imo. it's been awhile....but Colvin now is not ready on both sides of the ball. Might have the prettiest jump shot on the team, but ball sticks when he has it, and stands around on offense.

I agree he has a tremendous upside and world's of athletic ability. With great Purdue coaching he could be all B10. Hope that happens.
Well said. When Colvin is in it’s not 4 on 5 on offense it’s 1 on 5. Plus his defense is not there. He can be a great asset in the future if he listens to coaches.

I don't think anyone is saying the FDU lose is due to Gillis. I think the coaches deserve much more blames than the players. That's why they are paid millions to figure this sh!t out. It's the coaches that need to prepare the players and have a backup plans when sh!t go south. I'm saying we need to have Colvin & Heide ready as backup plans. What happened in the tournament is what the regular folks remember the most and Purdue been crapping the bed in the last few years.
And when it happens over and over is not outlier anymore, it's a trend. If you don't see a trend in the last few years then I don't know what the hell to tell you.
I still think we need the twin tower look with Berg and edey....then play heide, tkr, and furst....have the tallest starting 5 ever and play zone....c'mon painter!....

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
I still think we need the twin tower look with Berg and edey....then play heide, tkr, and furst....have the tallest starting 5 ever and play zone....c'mon painter!....
Edey comin back for this very reason next year.

Edey, Jacobsen, Berg, Burgess and TKR. Jacobsen at point and the lineup will trap out of the 1-2-2 press and fall back into a 1-3-1. It’ll be unstoppable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT