ADVERTISEMENT

We are definitely peaking

Bleedinggoldandblack

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2012
The Watchtower
at the right time , all our guards played flat footed one step behind today and passing was horrific , typical pre-tournment ŵarmup...same as last year v maybe they will come alive with extra day off ...

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Houston had a game that can legit be chalked up as uncharacteristic from them.

That is a massive difference to how we have been playing lmao
You continue to provide evidence that you have not watched Purdue play. You truly see no difference between this game and previous games?

Houston, UNC (to ten-seed NC State!), and Tennessee have all lost games in their tournaments. We've lost four games this year, and I know this one was magnified by the situation, but a few days ago, many people were saying Painter should "throw" the Big Ten tournament.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Yep. And if you view it through the same lens that the detractors apply to Purdue, you could even say Iowa State created the "blueprint" on how to beat Houston. :rolleyes:
Hahah yes “the blue print”!

Just like the “blueprint” for Purdue is turn them over 14+ times and keep them under 35%+ from 3. Simple enough.

Houston, UNC (to ten-seed NC State!), and Tennessee have all lost games in their tournaments. We've lost four games this year, and I know this one was magnified by the situation, but a few days ago, many people were saying Painter should "throw" the Big Ten tournament.
Exactly.

Don't confuse those that will take this opportunity to bash our coach.

You continue to provide evidence that you have not watched Purdue play. You truly see no difference between this game and previous games?
Certainly differences. By far the least intelligent game we've played this year. Normally cool players losing their cool a bit. Shot decently enough.

Same was turnovers being our Achilles heel and we gave up too many offensive rebounds.

I still don’t think Smith should have played - I know this has been discussed extensively but he clearly wasn’t 100%. These conference tourney’s - while they are important for teams trying to just get in - are just not important. Look where they seeded Auburn for example. I’m not gonna say I’m happy we lost but it gives the team an extra day of rest and playing Friday certainly helps.

I still don’t think Smith should have played - I know this has been discussed extensively but he clearly wasn’t 100%. These conference tourney’s - while they are important for teams trying to just get in - are just not important. Look where they seeded Auburn for example. I’m not gonna say I’m happy we lost but it gives the team an extra day of rest and playing Friday certainly helps.

I too want Purdue to win every game. But I would have liked to see them beat Wisconsin without Smith!

If we do well in the tourney, it can't be proven, it might be because of that extra day of recovery.

Reactions: SaratogaBoiler1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT