ADVERTISEMENT

Watts

No it wasn’t. No one went to the Mac, the sec was in the shitter and John cooper was wetting his pants at OSU. Put the edibles away
I’m straight smoke bro. Same season 2003.. northwestern.. 8 three stars 13 two stars … no big ten team is ending up with 13 two stars in 2021

I’m straight smoke bro. Same season 2003.. northwestern.. 8 three stars 13 two stars … no big ten team is ending up with 13 two stars in 2021
Grade inflation. There are fewer 2 stars now. Also, go look at hazell’s classes.

On two of the three. Yeah
It’s apparently a coincidence that brohm has given out 5 classes of scholarships abs has exactly one corner and one safety who are good known quantities.

the term of 2021 is going to be “conversion rate”… cause it’s in the 05-08 era right now

It’s apparently a coincidence that brohm has given out 5 classes of scholarships abs has exactly one corner and one safety who are good known quantities.

the term of 2021 is going to be “conversion rate”… cause it’s in the 05-08 era right now
I won’t bust his ass on safety. Tiller struggled there too. Especially back half.

LOL, BS, huh?
You named one coach and that was what, 30 years ago he was hired?
There is a long list of coaches who took teams over, some on probation, & had winning programs by year 3.
Look at the powers right now in CFB.
Bama was an average team, hovering around 7-5, for a decade before Saban, who won the National Title by year 3.
Clemson actually had a word, “Clemsoning” for their program failure before Dabo, who won the ACC by year 3. ND had been average for 20 years before Kelly, who went 12-0 & to the Title game by year 3.
Oklahoma was mediocre for over a decade before Stoops, who won the title in year 2.
OSU couldn’t win the B1G or beat Michigan for a decade, then Tressel wins the National Title by year 2. Then Meyer takes over a team on probation & wins the National Title in year 3.
That’s just the top programs now. Look at Iowa State before Campbell? Purdue isn’t even close to that.
Im not saying Purdue should be 11-1, but 8-4 should be doable.

And don’t give me the injury excuse. All teams lose great players & thats what recruiting & development are for. I can also give you a list of teams who lost more & still won 10 games.
All right,give us the list of teams that lost more and won ten games.I want to see it.

Reactions: tenwest
I dont get comparing Brohm to Kevin Wilson but lets remember that Purdue has won 14 league games with Brohm at the helm in 33 contests while IU had 12 wins in 49 games WIth Wilson as the Hoosier coach.and Wilson had exactly one third of those victories over Purdue squads assembled by DH2..

I dont get comparing Brohm to Kevin Wilson but lets remember that Purdue has won 14 league games with Brohm at the helm in 33 contests while IU had 12 wins in 49 games WIth Wilson as the Hoosier coach.and Wilson had exactly one third of those victories over Purdue squads assembled by DH2..
Whats not to get? Why's it bad?

Uh, cause Kevin Wilson wasn’t that great and I don’t want Kevin Wilson? I’m still hoping brohm is better
But the situations are comparable. He was tasked with rebuilding a bad iu in the same way Brohm was tasked with rebuilding Purdue. I'm not saying Brohm is Kevin Wilson. Of all the comparisons given, this one is closer than any others.

But the situations are comparable. He was tasked with rebuilding a bad iu in the same way Brohm was tasked with rebuilding Purdue. I'm not saying Brohm is Kevin Wilson. Of all the comparisons given, this one is closer than any others.
My original contention was that if tiller can do it in ONE brohm should be able to at least get it to the point where we aren’t embarrassingly bad at some positions by year 5. Mind you.. when I say that, I’m expecting 5-7 this year and won’t be mad at brohm for it.

what I don’t want is.. we have players who clearly aren’t big ten level players out there getting exploited cause we have no one better at their position, and people are like “well, ya knooooow… Darrell Hazell…”

My original contention was that if tiller can do it in ONE brohm should be able to at least get it to the point where we aren’t embarrassingly bad at some positions by year 5. Mind you.. when I say that, I’m expecting 5-7 this year and won’t be mad at brohm for it.

what I don’t want is.. we have players who clearly aren’t big ten level players out there getting exploited cause we have no one better at their position, and people are like “well, ya knooooow… Darrell Hazell…”
The truth is Brohm has coached 44 games at Purdue. There are only two games in which we were “embarrassingly bad” and not competitive. 2018 in the Liberty Bowl vs Auburn and the snow bowl game at Minnesota that we lost by 30+ points. That’s it.

We have lost games we shouldn’t have - EMU, @Nevada, twice to Rutgers……these were all close losses - bad losses. But to say that Brohm’s teams have consistently been embarrassingly bad just does not square with reality.

The truth is Brohm has coached 44 games at Purdue. There are only two games in which we were “embarrassingly bad” and not competitive. 2018 in the Liberty Bowl vs Auburn and the snow bowl game at Minnesota that we lost by 30+ points. That’s it.

We have lost games we shouldn’t have - EMU, @Nevada, twice to Rutgers……these were all close losses - bad losses. But to say that Brohm’s teams have consistently been embarrassingly bad just does not square with reality.
Last year's game with Rutgers, where their quarterback kept running over Purdue's defense with the same play over and over again, was an embarrassment.

Last year's game with Rutgers, where their quarterback kept running over Purdue's defense with the same play over and over again, was an embarrassment.
And the guy running the defense is gone. Not sure that happens if Purdue isn't missing its best 3 defenders though. The season was done before that game started.

Reactions: Purdue80

No.. embarrassingly bad at some positions .. I don’t even care if we go 5-7… just please.. If Marvin grant gets hurt again or if Alexander gets nicked up or Horvath and doerue are banged up.. no players who just clearly aren’t big ten players.

I will do you one better.. just make it look like you’ll have a nice little dirty 22 to roll with by next year.. toward the end of this year..

And the guy running the defense is gone. Not sure that happens if Purdue isn't missing its best 3 defenders though. The season was done before that game started.
Yes, that guy's gone. But even missing the 3 best defenders, that should have never happened.

Yes, that guy's gone. But even missing the 3 best defenders, that should have never happened.
Rutgers was a bad loss. We barely lost a game in which we played poorly. That’s not the same as losing huge to Auburn or at Minnesota.

Danny Hope’s teams got blown out many times - especially against Wisconsin and Minnesota. Hazzell’s teams got blown out by good and bad teams. We were largely uncompetitive.

No.. embarrassingly bad at some positions .. I don’t even care if we go 5-7… just please.. If Marvin grant gets hurt again or if Alexander gets nicked up or Horvath and doerue are banged up.. no players who just clearly aren’t big ten players.

I will do you one better.. just make it look like you’ll have a nice little dirty 22 to roll with by next year.. toward the end of this year..
So based on your metrics for big ten player, I'm assuming most teams have 3rd and 4th safeties that aren't proven big ten players. Or you using a different metric?

So based on your metrics for big ten player, I'm assuming most teams have 3rd and 4th safeties that aren't proven big ten players. Or you using a different metric?
We have one proven safety .. if grant goes down with injury .. do you have Deante Ferrell or Ralph Turner coming..? Even if there are growing pains? Or do you have Brennan thienemann or Logan link coming in?

Im willing to bet that Iowa and northwestern have two backup safeties who would be fine and not get abused if they played next to Allen

I think it’s super amusing that you’re trying to ask questions in a way where you can get me to give a bad answer and then your reply will be “your bad answer means things are going really well” lol

We have one proven safety .. if grant goes down with injury .. do you have Deante Ferrell or Ralph Turner coming..? Even if there are growing pains? Or do you have Brennan thienemann or Logan link coming in?

Im willing to bet that Iowa and northwestern have two backup safeties who would be fine and not get abused if they played next to Allen
What's your criteria for proven safety?

I think it’s super amusing that you’re trying to ask questions in a way where you can get me to give a bad answer and then your reply will be “your bad answer means things are going really well” lol
How is it a bad question? I'm legit asking what you are using to determine big ten caliber safety? Because I sure as shit don't know. We looking at size? Experience? Starts? Snaps? Recruiting rankings? It's a legit question and you are beating around the bush here.

What's your criteria for proven safety?
I gave it to you. We should be able to consistently put players like Ralph Turner and Deante Ferrell and Jacob thienemann on the field. I shouldn’t be reminiscing about the glory days of Brandon king and anthony brown at corner. We should just… have players like Brandon king and anthony brown.

if you’re thinking about what I think we need at every position and you’re guessing that Ben holt ain’t it, you’re onto something.

and I get it that whoever is in there is trying their best. It’s not them, it’s the coaches that are responsible for who is out there.

I gave my solid 22. We should be that good at every position.. northwestern is.. and that’s how they have gotten the results they’ve gotten without a rondale moore

I gave it to you. We should be able to consistently put players like Ralph Turner and Deante Ferrell and Jacob thienemann on the field. I shouldn’t be reminiscing about the glory days of Brandon king and anthony brown at corner. We should just… have players like Brandon king and anthony brown.

if you’re thinking about what I think we need at every position and you’re guessing that Ben holt ain’t it, you’re onto something.

and I get it that whoever is in there is trying their best. It’s not them, it’s the coaches that are responsible for who is out there.

I gave my solid 22. We should be that good at every position.. northwestern is.. and that’s how they have gotten the results they’ve gotten without a rondale moore
So basically you want a 4 deep of super experience, talented guys?

How is it a bad question? I'm legit asking what you are using to determine big ten caliber safety? Because I sure as shit don't know. We looking at size? Experience? Starts? Snaps? Recruiting rankings? It's a legit question and you are beating around the bush here.
Go back and watch the 03 boilers against ND. As great as Shaun Phillips was.. it doesn’t work if Brady Quinn can abuse the corner at will and always gets the ball out.

I want 22 starters other coaches can’t pick on. Then we can have our 4-5 stars like bell, Durham, karlaftis, Allen and trice shine. Cam Allen can’t be the cam Allen he’d be if you put him in place of Stu on the 03 team if he’s covering for inadequacies at linebacker and DT.. which he and George very well MIGHT be doing.

now.. if we get two solid DTs, a good dE opposite karlaftis and then you have Alexander, brothers and Graham out there doubt it.. grant has a solid season and the corner opposite trice is a solid big ten guy.. ok NOW karlaftis and Allen can shine

now the QB has to hold the ball that much longer and Karlaftis hits him square in the back and the ball is loose at the 10 yard line.

nat talked about who wasn’t ready on the 01 team,… but guess how many interceptions that team had?

So basically you want a 4 deep of super experience, talented guys?
No moron.. I’ll settle for one guy like that opposite Allen and a guy who is like a green version of that coming off the bench if grant goes down. So if we had Turner and a young thienemann who would barely hold his own If Turner went down I’d be thrilled.

and none of those guys are SUPER talented .. Stuart schweigert, cam Allen and Bernard pollard are super talented ..

just so you know, I haven’t heard anyone talk about IU and not call their whole team super talented INCLUDING the Lafayette sports guy. So it’s not this unrealistic thing you try to paint it as.

I love how your Schtick is “hey that can’t happen at Purdue.” THAT MENTALITY IS WHY IT DOESNT. It is happening in Bloomington which I hate.

No moron.. I’ll settle for one guy like that opposite Allen and a guy who is like a green version of that coming off the bench if grant goes down. So if we had Turner and a young thienemann who would barely hold his own If Turner went down I’d be thrilled.

and none of those guys are SUPER talented .. Stuart schweigert, cam Allen and Bernard pollard are super talented ..

just so you know, I haven’t heard anyone talk about IU and not call their whole team super talented INCLUDING the Lafayette sports guy. So it’s not this unrealistic thing you try to paint it as.

I love how your Schtick is “hey that can’t happen at Purdue.” THAT MENTALITY IS WHY IT DOESNT. It is happening in Bloomington which I hate.
No. I don't have that mentality. I was just trying to figure out what you are wanting. The CB room needs help, but I actually think the safety room has a ton of potential and is setup for future success, which could come as soon as this season.

I'm also on record saying Purdue was better than their record last year. It should show this year now that the team has more depth to fill injuries.

No. I don't have that mentality. I was just trying to figure out what you are wanting. The CB room needs help, but I actually think the safety room has a ton of potential and is setup for future success, which could come as soon as this season.

I'm also on record saying Purdue was better than their record last year. It should show this year now that the team has more depth to fill injuries.
In film session, opposing coaches don’t care about your potential.. they yell.. “stop the tape! That guy! That guy right there focus on him for the next hour .. we don’t have to worry so much about karlaftis cause we are gonna make that guy.”

In film session, opposing coaches don’t care about your potential.. they yell.. “stop the tape! That guy! That guy right there focus on him for the next hour .. we don’t have to worry so much about karlaftis cause we are gonna make that guy.”
No shit. And in years past, that's been an issue for Purdue, but it becomes less of an issue every year under Brohm.

No shit. And in years past, that's been an issue for Purdue, but it becomes less of an issue every year under Brohm.
It does? I saw a lot of exploitable players last year .. example..

amad Anderson wasn’t a slot receiver. Being bigger and slower doesn’t help you at the slot. You want a guy who can stretch the defense. That’s a player where coaches could say “he won’t beat you if you cheat.”

but just so we are clear. I’m not looking for miracles in game one. If we go 5-7 and we are getting to the point where stars can shine because coaches can’t exploit other starters.. even by mid year.. I’ll be happy with that result.

other people who are saying nothing will be like “5-7!? The world is ending! Mac talent! Purdue will never be good!”

I expect 5-7 so if we get that .. no surprise. No calling for brohms firing. But I wanna feel like “ok next season we have Brothers, Alexander, Graham, Saunders and Y. Karlaftis all ready to go and everyone else is great if they contribute..”. “Allen will be a stud as a senior, grant had a productive season. Two other guys showed they can contribute in a pinch if needed.”

If that’s the case I wouldn’t even be shocked by a 10-2 season next year but I’d be predicting 8-4.

so that’s far different from some of the people who make some of the points I make.

Lol. Fleck and Allen didnt have rebuilds Dafuq are you talking about.

First paragraph discredited the entire post.
Speaking to Allen, no he didn't have a complete rebuild, but his teams now are significantly better (and deeper) than the teams he inherited.

It does? I saw a lot of exploitable players last year .. example..

amad Anderson wasn’t a slot receiver. Being bigger and slower doesn’t help you at the slot. You want a guy who can stretch the defense. That’s a player where coaches could say “he won’t beat you if you cheat.”

but just so we are clear. I’m not looking for miracles in game one. If we go 5-7 and we are getting to the point where stars can shine because coaches can’t exploit other starters.. even by mid year.. I’ll be happy with that result.

other people who are saying nothing will be like “5-7!? The world is ending! Mac talent! Purdue will never be good!”

I expect 5-7 so if we get that .. no surprise. No calling for brohms firing. But I wanna feel like “ok next season we have Brothers, Alexander, Graham, Saunders and Y. Karlaftis all ready to go and everyone else is great if they contribute..”. “Allen will be a stud as a senior, grant had a productive season. Two other guys showed they can contribute in a pinch if needed.”

If that’s the case I wouldn’t even be shocked by a 10-2 season next year but I’d be predicting 8-4.

so that’s far different from some of the people who make some of the points I make.
Weird you bring up Anderson as a slot and then say bigger and slower doesn't make you better. I wouldn't call 5'10 180 soaking wet bigger and slower. The slot will be better this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT