ADVERTISEMENT

Watts

Speaking to Allen, no he didn't have a complete rebuild, but his teams now are significantly better (and deeper) than the teams he inherited.
They are, but it wasnt like he was taking over a dumpster fire. The biggest issue he had to deal with was cleaning the liquor bottles out of the head coaches office

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Speaking to Allen, no he didn't have a complete rebuild, but his teams now are significantly better (and deeper) than the teams he inherited.
Ya. But that's the point. Allen came in, added a few good pieces and built depth. Whereas Brohm walked in and is currently doing what Wilson did at iu. Now brohm is getting to the point where he needs a few good pieces and depth aka entering Allen's task.

Weird you bring up Anderson as a slot and then say bigger and slower doesn't make you better. I wouldn't call 5'10 180 soaking wet bigger and slower. The slot will be better this year.
He was bigger than maybe a rondale moore or dorien bryant. I never said I expected him to be as good. That would be crazy. But he wasn’t even a threat.

But if you just wanna change it to “you can’t run a slower outside receiver at the slot because it doesn’t work.” Ok fine ..

He was bigger than maybe a rondale moore or dorien bryant. I never said I expected him to be as good. That would be crazy. But he wasn’t even a threat.

But if you just wanna change it to “you can’t run a slower outside receiver at the slot because it doesn’t work.” Ok fine ..
You expected him to get targets over Bell, Wright and Durham?

You expected him to get targets over Bell, Wright and Durham?
No. I didn’t even think that he was a threat to do so ro the point that players could cheat toward those players without worrying that he’d make some big play

He better find a QB then.
The mass appeal of the Brohm brothers was their ability to take average QB's and crank out 4,000+ yards of passing. Brandon Doughty, Mike White, David Blough...
He shouldn't need to look far to 'find' a QB that can run his offense with the guys on the roster, simply develop them.

So you think after inheriting the worst P5 program, Brohm should’ve been 8-4 by year 3? You truly believe that?

He has to be trolling. I can’t think of a single example of a P5 coach taking over a program averaging 1 conf win per year and having 3 of 4 recruiting classes ranked dead last in the conference and then turning them around to win 8+ game each year thereafter. I don’t know that it has ever happened.

Sure you have historically good/great teams who already have a ton of talent and have a couple bad years (not 4 years of 1 or less conf wins bad) turn around quickly from time to time.

It takes a long time to turn a team into a constant P5 contender when you start from the place Purdue was when Brohm took over.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT