ADVERTISEMENT

Want your thoughts on an honest question regarding Tom Allen

Still think we should wait to see us actually win the Bucket back before we start gloating here.

It didn't take Kreskin to see that IU was in over their heads with expectations for this season starting with being ranked in the top ten in places. To what degree they have fallen short remains to be seen.
LOL; you Obviously haven’t watched them play this year. They will most likely lose to even Rutgers today

Reactions: DAG10
(one minor adjustment)

It's the B1G, not just the East.

Every time they whine about being in the B1G East it's pure comedy. They struggle every year to beat the B1G West teams. Hells bells, even through our struggles over the past 4 years we're 2-1 against them, and it's not looking better form them anytime soon.
Great, and fair points for sure...

I like to point out that even in their greatest season in modern history, they still did not beat Purdue!

When you lose you’re starting qb who is an all big ten candidate, you tend to be screwed.
He was not a legitimate All-Conference guy...it was smoke and mirrors (and COVID)...the guy was crazy overrated...never mind Brock Huard (who has some unexplainable infatuation with IU football) declared that IU had "the best backup QB in the nation" in Tuttle.

Again, IU does not suck (again) because Penix is out...they sucked with him as well...and they would/will.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Rutgers just intercepted Tuttle deep in Indinia territory.
No doubt he was confused by the fact that Rutgers colors are the same as Indinia's.

I would have thought with an empty stadium...against a "bad" team...it was as close to replicating COVID circumstances and last year that IU was going to have, and, yet...they STILL suck.

Rutgers just intercepted Tuttle deep in Indinia territory.
Tuttle to Rutgers connection again...this time deep in Rutgers territory.

You would think someone would have explained after the first awful pick the whole "colors" thing.

Separate matter...there either is no replay official at Indinia games (which would make sense...nobody else wants to go either), or, it is inexcusable to not have any cameras to provide a definitive angle or view on the sidelines...it happened last year (and was literally how PSU lost), and, happened again today...THAT has to be resolved and is entirely on the B1G for allowing it to be the case.

Reactions: Poprudy
Tuttle to Rutgers connection again...this time deep in Rutgers territory.

You would think someone would have explained after the first awful pick the whole "colors" thing.

Separate matter...there either is no replay official at Indinia games (which would make sense...nobody else wants to go either), or, it is inexcusable to not have any cameras to provide a definitive angle or view on the sidelines...it happened last year (and was literally how PSU lost), and, happened again today...THAT has to be resolved and is entirely on the B1G for allowing it to be the case.

Rutgers was blatantly interfered with in the end zone and it wasn't called. Rutgers had to settle for a field goal.

Reactions: Poprudy
I will admit I did not see this much of a collapse coming. However, it was so obvious what they did last year was not sustainable. I did think the could stay around .500.

I'm loving every second of this though. The Indianapolis media bias for LEO was nauseating. If Allen would have posted the 2 big wins against top 5 teams Brohm has this year, he would have needed an office at 107.5 The Fan along with daily front page articles in the Star throughout the week. Has he still only beaten one team with a winning record?

The atmosphere in Bloomington today is a reality check on the state of the program. It's officially dead. Recruits will start flipping over the next few weeks too.

My 1st time watching Indinia this year.

It would appear that they have reclaimed their historical standing in college football.

Great atmosphere for the couple of hundred fans. They can carry on conversations at normal speaking volumns with no concern for that annoying crowd noise thing that happens at other places.

Reactions: boilermaker75
I’m guessing it’s band and player parents only at this point.
3-31…reality check…

Their HS/LEO coach has a deer in the headlights look.
He looks completely lost out there…

Their HS/LEO coach has a deer in the headlights look.
He looks completely lost out there…
The Reverend Coach LEO is way over his head, even as a high school coach. And LEO doesn’t play so well when you’re the worst program in the BiG, with today’s game featuring a fight among two Indinia players and a crowd in the second half of maybe 10,000. LEO Forever!

Reactions: pu1985
Great Human Being.
Great Family Man.
Lives His Beliefs.
Probably too Loyal to Certain Players and Coaches.
Last Year was an Anomaly.
This Year is an Anomaly (hopefully).
Sadly, for the first time, I think he is in over his head.
And, if I get banned, I get banned, but "Kern County" you are a friggin Dick with Ears, and your drivel is beyond getting old. Grow the f**k up!
Tom Allen is undoubtedly a fine human. So was Darrell Hazell. Unfortunately being a good guy is not a requirement to being a winning FB coach.

Tom Allen is undoubtedly a fine human. So was Darrell Hazell. Unfortunately being a good guy is not a requirement to being a winning FB coach.
And I fear IU is now learning that lesson and will struggle for a long, long time. Thanks for the "above the line" reply.

He may be a nice person, but the LEO stuff is pablum for the rubes. He’s just not a good college football coach, which those of us here have known for some time. I know some of you guys are starting to realize you bought a lemon, but you should’ve known better. Bitching about it here makes you look dumb.

He may be a nice person, but the LEO stuff is pablum for the rubes. He’s just not a good college football coach, which those of us here have known for some time. I know some of you guys are starting to realize you bought a lemon, but you should’ve known better. Bitching about it here makes you look dumb.

I'll make sure the IU A.D. puts you on the selection committee for the next hire.

Great Human Being.
Great Family Man.
Lives His Beliefs.
And, if I get banned, I get banned, but "Kern County" you are a friggin Dick with Ears, and your drivel is beyond getting old. Grow the f**k up!
Lots of guys that can't coach a lick that are great human beings...great family men...live their beliefs...Tom just happens to be another seemingly.

Lots of guys that are outstanding coaches that have those same traits as well.

Last year was WAY more an anomaly than this year...I mean, it was the first pandemic in at least a century.

This year is far more reflective of Indinia football historically.

You will get banned, but, that is probably for the best for everyone...especially since it will happen before the Bucket game.

I'll make sure the IU A.D. puts you on the selection committee for the next hire.
Sad thing is...even if trying to sabotage the process, including him (or others outside of the clueless Indinia AD) would be more productive...in fact, leaving Dolson out would be the best thing that could happen...THAT is what you should share actually.

Lots of guys that can't coach a lick that are great human beings...great family men...live their beliefs...Tom just happens to be another seemingly.

Lots of guys that are outstanding coaches that have those same traits as well.

Last year was WAY more an anomaly than this year...I mean, it was the first pandemic in at least a century.

This year is far more reflective of Indinia football historically.

You will get banned, but, that is probably for the best for everyone...especially since it will happen before the Bucket game.
You misspelled Indiana. Oh, wait, you're trying to be funny too (although not very original).

Wasn’t the Tom Allen hire accomplished without a “selection committee”? What leads you to believe his replacement will come from that construct? And which football experts with Indinia ties will form at least a part of that committee? Will Fred Glass reprise his role as AD, or will he still be on tour promoting his autobiography?

Wasn’t the Tom Allen hire accomplished without a “selection committee”? What leads you to believe his replacement will come from that construct? And which football experts with Indinia ties will form at least a part of that committee? Will Fred Glass reprise his role as AD, or will he still be on tour promoting his autobiography?

"Fast Freddy" has a new gig now - he's Bob Knight's personal chauffeur:

4CXU.gif

Great Human Being.
Great Family Man.
Lives His Beliefs.

Slow-Clap-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-30.gif

The Tom Allen LEO stuff reminds me of when Lou Tepper was the head coach at Illinois. A good man, but his faith was permeating everything having to do with the football program. It became a clown show.

You misspelled Indiana. Oh, wait, you're trying to be funny too (although not very original).
Not trying to be funny at all...literally spelling it exactly how it is spelled on the front of the jersey...not my fault that your own University can't spell it correctly, or, more importantly, did not care that it was spelled incorrectly.

Not trying to be funny at all (you succeeded) literally spelling it exactly how it is spelled on the front of the jersey (actually, it was just one jersey) not my fault that your own University can't spell it correctly (wasn't aware the entire University was in charge of proof reading), or, more importantly, did not care that it was spelled incorrectly (who didn't care - the entire University, and if so, how exactly do you know the entire University did not care)?

• Haha
Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT