ADVERTISEMENT

Want your thoughts on an honest question regarding Tom Allen

Tom is 11-4 in his last 15 Big Ten games...Lucky? No, not really when considering his star QB keeps getting hurt. I would say Tom would probably have at least two or three more wins these last two years if Penix stayed healthy.

You're refusing to accept that tremendous progress has been made. I don't know what else to say.
Who has IU defeated under Tommy Terrific? Any one with a winning record? You know Meetchicken is going to be back, as will those other teams he beat last year. They're not going to let IU beat this this year.

you have a tough sell.

What most reasonable people realize (and recognize) is that IU is improved under Allen.

Those same reasonable people also realize (and recognize) that IU still is not beating teams with winning records. Until Allen starts winning games against really strong teams, you're going to have to live with the fact that other people just won't validate that ... "tremendous progress" ... and that there really is nothing else to say.
It's difficult and challenging to have an objective conversation with you people. Seeing Indiana Football do well is obviously devastating to you people.

The 11-4 Big Ten record speaks for itself. There's a tremendous amount of momentum in the program. Expectations are high, lots and lots of talent returns this year. It's a very exciting time to be an Indiana Football fan. Another big season where a January bowl game is achieved and Tom will get even more $$$.

Reactions: Purdue 95
Who has IU defeated under Tommy Terrific? Any one with a winning record? You know Meetchicken is going to be back, as will those other teams he beat last year. They're not going to let IU beat this this year.
If Penix is back in good health, they can win every game on their schedule. Don't you understand that? He KILLED Michigan last year, he also torched Ohio State for 500 yards!!!!

You are right, those teams always seem to bounce back. However, Tommy is building something solid at Indiana. He just signed a top 100 QB out of Indy this winter. Reports coming in from the recruiting experts say Donovan McCulley is going to be better than Penix....

I think you should go push for Les Miles over on their board now that he is available.

Reactions: nat100
It's difficult and challenging to have an objective conversation with you people. Seeing Indiana Football do well is obviously devastating to you people.
Clearly you aren't playing with a full deck. I have never been more convinced than after seeing your tantrum on here.

Your football program will never be the Alabama type program you delusional loosiers think it is. That is a fact.

If Penix is back in good health, they can win every game on their schedule. Don't you understand that? He KILLED Michigan last year, he also torched Ohio State for 500 yards!!!!
Well congrats for beating a horrible Michigan team and that moral victory against O$U.

Good God the level of acceptance you need from us is astounding. You may want to start to seek some professional help. Seriously.

The 11-4 Big Ten record speaks for itself. There's a tremendous amount of momentum in the program. Expectations are high, lots and lots of talent returns this year. It's a very exciting time to be an Indiana Football fan. Another big season where a January bowl game is achieved and Tom will get even more $$$.

".. you people..."

Yes... people who challenge your feelings with facts.

You responded directly to me, a day after (?) I admitted IU was improved.

No, the record doesn't speak for itself. IU under Allen has failed miserably when playing higher-level teams... teams with winning records... teams in bowl games.

You should be excited. These are exciting times for you and your school. You've been one of the worst P5 programs in all of CFB history. But you, coming over here and demanding validation for your program... well, that's just not going to "move" very many of the "you people".

Reactions: Level 42
But Allen also has a better than average chance of not winning 10. The man just got his first HC job, and it's apparent that no one else other than Glass was willing to give him a shot. Personally, I think he's been lucky. We'll see.
Someone had to give Nick Saban his first job. Not saying that Tom Allen is Nick Saban at all but somebody gave him his first job.

".. you people..."

Yes... people who challenge your feelings with facts.

You responded directly to me, a day after (?) I admitted IU was improved.

No, the record doesn't speak for itself. IU under Allen has failed miserably when playing higher-level teams... teams with winning records... teams in bowl games.

You should be excited. These are exciting times for you and your school. You've been one of the worst P5 programs in all of CFB history. But you, coming over here and demanding validation for your program... well, that's just not going to "move" very many of the "you people".
LOL, I'm siding with you guys on this one.

This is about as charitable of an IU thread as I've ever seen over here. Us IU folk should take it for what it is and not try to stretch a single into a triple.

Every last one of you were saying reality was gonna hit last year dude lol

Umm, please show me where I ever said that?

I've posted here (and on Peegs) that I thought both Allen and Brohm were good hires. I've said that how good Allen could recruit would determine his long-term success. So far, I think he's done a great job for IU.

Of course, I was hit with a bunch of dog shit replies to my comments on Peegs, and had to take a shower afterwards. But, unlike GBI, where you can have an actual conversation, Peegs doesn't allow anything but Kool-aid-drinking cheerleader posts.

Reactions: Purdue85

You want objective? Well here you go.

Indiana was a decent team in 2020. Not great. Not terrible. Not even close to being a top 15 team as they were highly overrated based on their schedule and results. You had one win against a team with a winning record (Wisconsin). You point to a close game with Ohio St. Yet you lost to an absolutely mediocre Ole Miss team in a bowl game while Ohio State completely destroys Clemson.

Let's review their record in 2020:
Penn State 4-5 Win
Rutgers 3-6 Win
Mich 2-4 Win
Mich St 2-5 Win
Oh St 7-1 Loss
Maryland 2-3 Win
Wisconsin 4-3 Win
Ole Miss 5-5 L

So there's your objective take. Is there anything you would dispute about not being objective in this assessment?

Reactions: SDBoiler1
and didn’t none of you say that so please. Nobody was like “yeah IU might do really good cause of corona but in a normal year they’d suck.” Everyone just thought they’d suck
Correction, based on program histories, what none of us thought was that Mich, MSU, PSU and the others would 'suck' as much as they did.

And personally, I also did not factor in the immense power of love that Rev Coach Leo brought to cfb. How could anyone have expected it? A true black swan event - but one that will not take opponents off guard in the future. In fact, I am expecting a true love fest across the full cfb landscape in the fall, culminating in a year long remembered as the Season of Love.

Correction, based on program histories, what none of us thought was that Mich, MSU, PSU and the others would 'suck' as much as they did.

And personally, I also did not factor in the immense power of love that Rev Coach Leo brought to cfb. How could anyone have expected it? A true black swan event - but one that will not take opponents off guard in the future. In fact, I am expecting a true love fest across the full cfb landscape in the fall, culminating in a year long remembered as the Season of Love.

In 2006 would you have rather been Purdue or Indiana. Purdue didn’t beat a ranked team that year

curtus Painter was no good?

Clearly you aren't playing with a full deck. I have never been more convinced than after seeing your tantrum on here.

Your football program will never be the Alabama type program you delusional loosiers think it is. That is a fact.
Yo

Indiana was a decent team in 2020. Not great. Not terrible. Not even close to being a top 15 team as they were highly overrated based on their schedule and results. You had one win against a team with a winning record (Wisconsin). You point to a close game with Ohio St. Yet you lost to an absolutely mediocre Ole Miss team in a bowl game while Ohio State completely destroys Clemson.

Penn State 4-5 Win
Rutgers 3-6 Win
Mich 2-4 Win
Mich St 2-5 Win
Oh St 7-1 Loss
Maryland 2-3 Win
Wisconsin 4-3 Win
Ole Miss 5-5 L

So there's your objective take. Is there anything you would dispute about not being objective in this assessment?
You people casually forget to mention that most of these Big Ten teams would've had nice winning records had the non-conference portion been played out. That fact doesn't fit your narrative, so you people choose to ignore that very important part of last year.

I tell you what, I don't give a hoot what you people think or believe. Indiana is going to bust your sorry a$$ come November, that's what matters.

• Love
No, he's not. Nor is Allen worth it, nor has Brohm proven to be worth his salary yet. NOR....is the coach of my Chicago Bears who should be gone.
All of these organizations obviously felt that “overpaying” these proven commodities was preferable to paying unproven commodities a little less.

Would you rather pay Allen or Brohm $5 million, or pay the MAC flavor of the year $3 million?

Tom is 11-4 in his last 15 Big Ten games...Lucky? No, not really when considering his star QB keeps getting hurt. I would say Tom would probably have at least two or three more wins these last two years if Penix stayed healthy.

You're refusing to accept that tremendous progress has been made. I don't know what else to say.
Penix stats weren't great by any means. Now, that defense was pretty stout. Let me know after you compare the 2 and you'll agree. I believe at one point Purdue's offense was better and it might have been at the end of the year.

Yo

You people casually forget to mention that most of these Big Ten teams would've had nice winning records had the non-conference portion been played out. That fact doesn't fit your narrative, so you people choose to ignore that very important part of last year.

I tell you what, I don't give a hoot what you people think or believe. Indiana is going to bust your sorry a$$ come November, that's what matters.
Will you be back here in November the day after the game if Purdue wins?But then it is easy to understand your extreme hunger for a Hoosier win in the Bucket game since the Loosiers cant beat Purdue in basketball any more.If you dont care what we think or believe,why are you on this board.?

I think IU has to pay Coach Allen. He is the coach at IU for the future and has done great things compared most (if not all) of other IU coaches. Will he coach his team to wins again in 2021 against Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, and others - who the hell knows? But, he is the best coach for IU and the rest will become clear after the upcoming seasons.

Was 2020 a fluke, did he get lucky, again, who knows?

I just know he is the best thing to happen to IU Football in a long time and that means you pay the man.

Yo

Wha....??!

You people casually forget to mention that most of these Big Ten teams would've had nice winning records had the non-conference portion been played out.

WTH? What does that even mean. That's nonsensical. That's b.s. That's wishful thinking. That's emotional, and not based in fact in the least. What idiocy.

I tell you what, I don't give a hoot what you people think or believe.

LOL! That's all you're concerned with... what PURDUE fans "think or believe". You cannot STAND it that we don't validate your program.

Indiana is going to bust your sorry a$$ come November, that's what matters.

Well, maybe.

Then again, you and your "rocket ship" of a program has struggled to beat Purdue, going 1-2 under Brohm, with that one win in double OT, in sh*tty weather, when your awesome program ended up 8-4 and Purdue 4-8.

LOL, indeed.

Yo

No, I didn't ignore that. I'll summarize my response to you in two words. "Ole Miss"...

I think IU has to pay Coach Allen. He is the coach at IU for the future and has done great things compared most (if not all) of other IU coaches. Will he coach his team to wins again in 2021 against Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, and others - who the hell knows? But, he is the best coach for IU and the rest will become clear after the upcoming seasons.

Was 2020 a fluke, did he get lucky, again, who knows?

I just know he is the best thing to happen to IU Football in a long time and that means you pay the man.
Okay then why not take that to your forum where you all can stand around circle jerking to his picture? You iu simpeltons constantly come over here begging for our acceptance of your football program when none will be given. You all think you're the next 'bama while we have seen this dance before from you and know that reality won't equal that delusion when all is said and done.

No no iu fans, you will not get the validation you so desperately need from us, until you earn it. And you have done nothing aside from us saying, yes iu is improved. But even that statement has little meaning because you could only go up as a program because you were so awful. So there was no other direction your football program could go.

Now, how about you just stay on your forum where you can get the acceptance and validation you need.

Last edited:

Penn State 4-5 Win
Rutgers 3-6 Win
Mich 2-4 Win
Mich St 2-5 Win
Oh St 7-1 Loss
Maryland 2-3 Win
Wisconsin 4-3 Win
Ole Miss 5-5 L

Great Take!! When was the last time that Purdue took care of business with a softer schedule?? Not Snarky.....

Last edited:
Allen didn’t beat a team with a winning record and has lost both bowl games. Why in the world would you give him a 7 year contract and raise. You would think iu would finally learn about extra long contracts

Reactions: Sophie1970
Remember when you tried to convince me DJ Knox was better than Sheets?

can’t you just let me wish knox was the best and live in a different reality on that topic? You think I don’t wish mike rose was the best LB in the post tiller hire date era

the point is Nick Saban was a nobody until someone saw something and said maybe we should give him a chance.
The point of mentioning Saban and Allen in the same sentence still remains. iu is not nor will it ever be Alabama no matter how much you believe it nor how much you and the others that invade here try to make us believe.

Okay then why not take that to your forum where you all can stand around circle jerking to his picture? You iu simpeltons constantly come over here begging for our acceptance of your football program when none will be given. You all think you're the next 'bama while we have seen this dance before from you and know that reality won't equal that delusion when all is said and done.

No no iu fans, you will not get the validation you so desperately need from us, until you earn it. And you have done nothing aside from us saying, yes iu is improved. But even that statement has little meaning because you could only go up as a program because you were so awful. So there was no other direction your football program could go.

Now, how about you just stay on your forum where you can get the acceptance and validation you need.

A member of the Purdue forum asked a question and I offered an opinion. I'm pretty certain it didn't exclude IU fans from chiming in. And where in my answer did I seek validation? Finally, I will post anywhere I want to, but thanks for the suggestion.

ADVERTISEMENT