ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Recruiting

Hey, Rocket Watts is in the portal again. Maybe a spark ⚡️ needed for liftoff 🚀.

CleanEmbarrassedJaguar-max-1mb.gif

Excellent point guard prospect for Purdue now available. His name is Jamarion Sharp. Played well for Western Kentucky.

Waiting and wondering about a hit on the portal potty is agonizing. Maybe we are what we are. Maybe this is what it is. Maybe I can't handle the truth.

I'm baiting my pals Purdue Grad Tex , PaBoiler78 and New Pal Boiler for some pic responses:)

Waiting and wondering about a hit on the portal potty is agonizing. Maybe we are what we are. Maybe this is what it is. Maybe I can't handle the truth.

I'm baiting my pals Purdue Grad Tex , PaBoiler78 and New Pal Boiler for some pic responses:)

"You ever entered a transfer portal, son? Ever asked a teammate?
We create a NIL.....or people get fired, it's that simple!"

"Are we CLEAR?"

cant-handle-the-truth.gif

My understanding is you have to be in the portal by May 1 to be eligible, don't have to be committed
May 1 was the deadline for portal entry to be able to play this season, WITHOUT A WAIVER... The waiver will come into play for kids who end up losing a roster spot based on late portal/NBA draft developments. If they have to enter the portal late, they will be granted a waiver to play immediately...

May 1 was the deadline for portal entry to be able to play this season, WITHOUT A WAIVER... The waiver will come into play for kids who end up losing a roster spot based on late portal/NBA draft developments. If they have to enter the portal late, they will be granted a waiver to play immediately...
Sounds like ol' Gene at OSU wants the reality of the NCAA and move the elite schools to a different set of rules. I think many knew this would take place and the NCAA will be nothing but a novelty.

Frankie Collins entered the portal over the weekend. Completely blindsided the UM fanbase. Apparently he didn't like the fact that they signed Llewellyn.

Bottom line...we're not the only ones feeling the pain. Even teams like Michigan who have tasted some "success" with this NIL shitshow are not immune.

Frankie Collins to transfer from Michigan

Not much talk about Kyle Lofton. Pretty solid stats, Four year starter, and one year player.

Really the only silver lining of letting Ivey completely take over the team this year (and subsequently running it into the ground) was that his high draft and All American status was going to help Painter with recruiting guards.

That obviously hasn't panned out the way Painter would've hoped.
Running it into the ground????? A little exaggeration?

That's interesting Purdue is on top. No idea how that is calculated though and doubt there is any inside information behind it.

I'd be shocked if it's not Texas, Tennessee, Louisville, or Kansas with the NIL power those schools probably have. Purdue probably offers the clearest shot to 30 mpg, but it's hard to not imagine him starting wherever he goes.

Brian also mentioned Purdue being in contact with some guys who are going through the draft process that are still in the portal if they decide to come back. I have no idea who that would be, but after the Pack bomb I'm not going to get my hopes up.

That's interesting Purdue is on top. No idea how that is calculated though and doubt there is any inside information behind it.

I'd be shocked if it's not Texas, Tennessee, Louisville, or Kansas with the NIL power those schools probably have. Purdue probably offers the clearest shot to 30 mpg, but it's hard to not imagine him starting wherever he goes.

Brian also mentioned Purdue being in contact with some guys who are going through the draft process that are still in the portal if they decide to come back. I have no idea who that would be, but after the Pack bomb I'm not going to get my hopes up.
He didn’t visit Louisville so I think they are out. Kansas signed the guard from Texas Tech recently. Texas has Marcus Carr back and he would stay in conference against his old team. Maybe Lusk recruited him at Creighton? Tenn and Gonzaga seem like the favorites along with us. He would be the top back court guy here. I am warming up to this one, ha.

He didn’t visit Louisville so I think they are out. Kansas signed the guard from Texas Tech recently. Texas has Marcus Carr back and he would stay in conference against his old team. Maybe Lusk recruited him at Creighton? Tenn and Gonzaga seem like the favorites along with us. He would be the top back court guy here. I am warming up to this one, ha.

Me too, TX4GB....... :)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy and TX4GB
Interesting that these recruiting sites are starting to include their estimated nil value now.
If we lose a legit starting point guard over $24k NIL I am officially jumping off a building.
For perspective, that is 6% of what Pack got.

If we lose a legit starting point guard over $24k NIL I am officially jumping off a building
Do we have a collective ready (or a rich booster) to offer him that type of money? I would be surprised if we can offer anything more than a couple thousand as of right now.

Do we have a collective ready (or a rich booster) to offer him that type of money? I would be surprised if we can offer anything more than a couple thousand as of right now.
This is why you form a collective. $24k is pocket change spread across dozens of donors.

This is why you form a collective. $24k is pocket change spread across dozens of donors.
We raised 20k between Morton and Newman’s GoFundMe in a day for their Europe trip. That was spread over a couple hundred donors maybe in small amounts. That’s without Mr Roaaaarrrrrrman 😀.

We raised 20k between Morton and Newman’s GoFundMe in a day for their Europe trip. That was spread over a couple hundred donors maybe in small amounts. That’s without Mr Roaaaarrrrrrman 😀.

There could be Triple XXX with the Tyrese Hunter Hamburger Deluxe - "Folks, you can Hammer Away at Hunger with this Heavenly extravaganza of beef and fixins - just ask Tyrese.......and get 15% off your next order."

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB

Courtney Ramey, likely as a target currently still in the NBA Draft

Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT