ADVERTISEMENT

May 1 is looming

68c.jpg

Understand your point. Non-COVID year guys. Ethan and Mason were always assumed to be leaving.
This. Painter may have told them there is not a scholarship for them and while NIL might be enough to offset that they also probably understand there will be a full roster and not many minutes to go around.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
He should leave now then. Not sure how playing time works out this year…or for next
Agree that it seems unlikely that he'll break into the rotation, but maybe worth it if you're BW to give it one more shot. If that doesn't happen then a year from now I assume he'll have his Purdue degree and then he can decide if he wants to ride the bench for what could be an elite team or transfer somewhere where he'll see significant minutes.

Reactions: BoilerDaddy
Agree that it seems unlikely that he'll break into the rotation, but maybe worth it if you're BW to give it one more shot. If that doesn't happen then a year from now I assume he'll have his Purdue degree and then he can decide if he wants to ride the bench for what could be an elite team or transfer somewhere where he'll see significant minutes.
My guess is he loves Purdue and wants to graduate from there, he dates Chloe Chicoine, probably another reason he wants to stick around.

My guess is he loves Purdue and wants to graduate from there, he dates Chloe Chicoine, probably another reason he wants to stick around.
Buh-WOW!!! Need to get those two hitched and producing the next generation of Championship Boilermaker Spikers, Servers, Forwards, TE's....you name it!

You don’t think it has some impact as to recruiting / transfer portal next year? If we have an open scholarship(s) next year, Sisley or (doubtful but possible) Haralson can join the team. I’d say Haralson would have a bigger contribution right away, but if neither join, we would maybe be able to add a transfer that might have somewhat of a potential impact similar to Lance.

Or am I not understanding?
If I understand you correctly, I'm with you. I'd love to bring in a few new pieces next year, but I really don't care what player 11, 12, 13 or 14 does.

We've got so many guys that can play the 2 or 3 on scholarship the next two years that we'll be okay unless we somehow lose two or three guys. Even then it would need to be the wrong two or three guys. Right now the following guys could play the two or three:
Loyer
Heide
Colvin
Harris
Catchings
Benter
Waddell

In reality we only need three or four of these guys to be productive and one or two of them to be standouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT