ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Recruiting

Agree, we won't know until May sometime. It's going to be a long few weeks....
A long wait for Nijel…

1640209265.jpeg

I am surprised by this transfer. Bryant is in the NEC while St. Peter's is in the MAAC. I have always thought that the MAAC, while hardly a power conference, was a better conference than the NEC. Edart's NCAA performance suggested a transfer up and not a lateral or down one.
Yeah, didn't see him in a major conference, but that one seems a bit odd. Though I thought it was reported St. Peter's had one of the lowest athletic budgets in D1, so anything might be better.

Reactions: pboiler18
Dang. So it looks like if Pack doesn’t come then Purdue may be S.O.L since the other four guys mentioned are going elsewhere or doesn’t have Purdue as finalist

O$U cleaning house before Nijel visits
Not sure if he sees that as a positive or negative? I mean he is a local Ohio kid and was working his way into decent minutes.

I guess I think sometimes the Duke way of “we are bringing in 5 elite dudes every year and the rest of you are on the up or out path” is probably a decent way to go. I mean with NIL and shoe companies involvement these kids have 0 loyalty.

Reactions: TX4GB
Emoni Bates is in the portal. Talk about a disaster he and his dad are. I’ll take a hard pass.
Will be interesting to see who has interest at this point...he initially committed to MSU...curious to see if they remain interested at this point and with all that has happened.

Will be interesting to see who has interest at this point...he initially committed to MSU...curious to see if they remain interested at this point and with all that has happened.
Not a chance. They chose Akins over Emoni the first time, and the last year has only reinforced this as the correct decision.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Juco player of the year EAST committed to Missouri. it's odd because his home town paper claimed he previously played 2 years at division 1 schools before becoming a star for John A Logan junior college this year. JALC is developing a lot of Division 1 recruits signing with big name programs including Arizona and UCLA.

Juco player of the year EAST committed to Missouri. it's odd because his home town paper claimed he previously played 2 years at division 1 schools before becoming a star for John A Logan junior college this year. JALC is developing a lot of Division 1 recruits signing with big name programs including Arizona and UCLA.
He played at UMASS and Bradley before going the juco route.

He played at UMASS and Bradley before going the juco route.
I agree. Perhaps his success this year was that he was a lot older and far more experienced than the competition he played against. Being from Southern Illinois , I'm kind of surprised he left Bradley to play at john A logan (JALC). Although JALC has a history of getting their star players decent Div 1 scholarships. I'm not surprised he signed with Mizzoo. Having played 2 years at Div 1, and 1 year at junior college level, how many years of eligibility does he have left?

I agree. Perhaps his success this year was that he was a lot older and far more experienced than the competition he played against. Being from Southern Illinois , I'm kind of surprised he left Bradley to play at john A logan (JALC). Although JALC has a history of getting their star players decent Div 1 scholarships. I'm not surprised he signed with Mizzoo. Having played 2 years at Div 1, and 1 year at junior college level, how many years of eligibility does he have left?
I saw an article where it said he had 2 years of eligibility left. Surprising since he is 23 and he has played 4 years already.

I saw an article where it said he had 2 years of eligibility left. Surprising since he is 23 and he has played 4 years already.
I read an article that said he spent the 2018-19 season at Combine Academy in North Carolina.

Reactions: TX4GB
Nevada guard Grant Sherfield to the Portal. I always liked his game. He transfered once already, so I am not sure if he would have to sit. Purdue recruited him out of HS, but didn't offer. 19 points and 6.5 assists per game.

Outside of Pack and Davis, is there anyone else that we are in contact with or showing interest?

Another top PG, Yuri Collins in the portal. Led the nation with 8 assists per game to go along with 11 points at St. Louis. Had offers from Iowa and Missouri out of HS.

Reactions: Poprudy and TX4GB
I also see where Dawson Garcia has committed to Minnesota. Great get for them. He was North Carolina’s only real offense against us for parts of that game.

Reactions: bonefish1 and TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT