ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Sheffield

Damn there is a lot of misinformation in this thread:

Sparks started games last year before hurting his ankle and hobbling him...his switch is to a more successful position should be evident for a P5 player. By the time he leaves, he’ll be a commodity most programs in the conference would want.

Henry switched as a senior in his final year of playing to get himself on the field at a position he likely could have been very good at had he stayed there for the entirety of his career...much like Ray Williams.
Henry was never recruited to Purdue as a safety. He was promised the opportunity to play QB, which is why Purdue landed him. No other P5 program wanted him anywhere near the QB position...even those running option style offenses. He would have made a damn good safety at his size and speed but chose to try to play QB. Again, similar to Ray Williams coming to Purdue to play WR. A lot of big programs wanted him to play CB (the position he ended up getting a sniff from the Saints before being cut in the final cuts) but chose Purdue because Joe knew he could start at Purdue as a WR.

The WKU transfer has played guard and there aren’t a lot of players in the country that could transfer and unseat Barron (who could make a mid season award list and likely plays on Sundays). The switch from G to C and back is likely one of the easiest in football...it’s why you see guards filling for in when a C goes down.

I am not sure what you are challenging about my Sparks comment. He switched from QB to WR.

As for the switch from guard to center, it is still a position change. The WKU guy has played both and switched for need. The argument was that players don't switch positions as much. My point is, even if CJB loads up and takes five WRs, there will be options. They can choose to go elsewhere for playing time, stay on and wait their chance (even if it's for one year as a senior), or change positions. Brohm has recruited quite a few athletes that can do multiple things at a high level. That isn't an accident. The chance of landing: Bell, Wright, Robinson, and TJ is very close to zero. It is completely a moot point. But, if Brohm did land all five, the likelihood that some of WRs would be making a switch. I don't see Brohm turning down too 250 talent or a 4.4 guy in TJ. TJ showed well at all his camps and should be a productive guy at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT